Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Set Your Goals - "Mutiny!" 10 Year Anniversary Shows Tour • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Jul 7, 2016.

1. NL

Newbie Supporter

If anyone needs a ticket to the Chicago shown I'm trying to get rid of mine!

2. GEM37

She haunts the roads

My guess is that people aren't really responding to it. At the Chain Reaction show I went to the crowd was basically dead when they played it, and they were going crazy all night.

Which is a shame. I really like "Walk It Off."

3. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Also, I gotta be honest, I'm not a fan of this approach of playing other songs before playing the record - especially as many as SYG seem to be doing.

I get that it's a short record, but c'mon...

4. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Did they officially stop playing This Will Be The Death of Us?

5. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Would you rather them play the record and then later material? Because that'd be a surefire way of making sure older fans walk out early.

6. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The show tomorrow starts at 6:15. I like these early shows!

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  7. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Still a little bummed I couldn't go last night, but I'm glad it went well! How were all of the bands at the Detroit show?

8. kidinthebushes Nov 5, 2016
    (Last edited: Nov 5, 2016)
    kidinthebushes

Trusted

How well were the Cleveland and Detroit shows attended? I'm going tonight and I'm not expecting a good turnout unfortunately.

9. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Very curious about this as well. I expect it to be about half full. This'll be my first time seeing SYG outside of Southern California so I'm looking forward to seeing the crowd response too.

10. kidinthebushes

Trusted

The last time they played in Chicago (besides Riot Fest) was at Bottom Lounge with Cartel and Hit the Lights. It was probably half empty.

11. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Last night was fucking awesome. The most fun I've had at a show in a really long time.

When I got there, the place was absolutely empty (except the fact that Asking Alexandria was playing in the big room so there were a ton of shitty people hanging around) and I was really nervous but by the time SYG came on it filled up a good amount probably about 300ish people total.

Watermedown was absolutely awful. I've seen him play solo and it's been good but it was terrible last night full band. Sleep On It was fine but they're not that special just the same pop punk sound everyones going for.

SYG was incredible though, I'm actually happy they did the greatest hits set first. On the setlists they have 2 points where they choose between three songs. (Look Closer, TWBTDOU or Equals) and (Cure For Apathy, London Heathrow or Illuminated)

We got Equals and London last night. And they encored with Reset Intro, How Bout No Scott and Goonies. I wish they would have just taken the extra 5 or so minutes to finish the EP but I can't complain. Otherwise the set was the same as Detroit

The crowd was awesome too, super into it and respectful. I can't remember the last time I went so hard for a show haha

12. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Doors open at 6:00 PM! Tickets will be available at the door. Come on out!

Doors: 6:00 PM
    Cup Check: 6:15 PM
    WATERMEDOWN: 6:55 PM
    Sleep On It: 7:35 PM
    Set Your Goals: 8:15 PM

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Tonight was so much fun! They did a silly string circle pit (which they also did at Riot Fest) and then they passed out a box full of mini plastic swords before Flight of the Navigator. They only played Goonies after their Mutiny! set. They are working in new music and said they should he back in the spring.

Start the Reactor
    Summer Jam
    Gaia Bleeds
    The Fallen...
    The Few That Remains
    This Will Be the Death of Us
    Certain
    Exit Summer

14. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Yeah tonight was a fucking blast. These guys haven't missed a beat. Also Chicago shows/crowd in general are so much fun

15. ALT/MSC/FAN

I wonder if Set Your Goals will open for Four Year Strong's Rise or Die Trying tour in the spring? Rumors of that have been spreading around and they'd make a lot of sense.

16. Good Mourning

SYG was incredible last night. So happy to see those dudes back and they looked so happy to be there.

On another note, Watermedown is absolutely atrocious.

17. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Glad everyone had a lot of fun and I'm so stoked that they're gonna be back with new music next year

18. ALT/MSC/FAN

Watermedown definitely translates better with a solo set and proper context.

19. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

They were so bad it was unreal to me. I've seen him play pretty good sets solo but I will probably never listen again

20. GEM37

She haunts the roads

That is actually exactly what I would like. Get rid of that fair weather shit.

Though to be honest, all I really want at this point are west coast tour dates.

21. kman22

Regular

They're playing all of Mutiny!, so it's a little unfair to complain, but Latch Key is way too good to not make the greatest hits set.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

I initially thought they were gonna play the whole EP as the encore because they posted on Twitter saying something like "Cleveland, Detroit & Chicago would it be too late to do a Reset 10 Year anniversary as well?" But then they deleted it :(

At least we got half of it in CLE

23. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Chicago just got Goonies.

24. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah Detroit only got that too, I guess we got lucky!

25. kidinthebushes

Trusted

California, Nashville, Atlanta, Florida we are coming for yah!! Tickets on sale this Wednesday! #Setyourgoals @10yearsofMutiny
    LikePacific - Is only on Boston, Philly and NY shows.

[​IMG]