Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Set It Off Announce New Album ‘Upside Down’

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Set It Off will release Upside Down on October 7th via Equal Vision Records. They’ve released a video for the first song on the album, “Something New.”

Track Listing

1. Something New
    2. Uncontainable
    3. Life Afraid
    4. Upside Down
    5. Want
    6. Diamond Girl
    7. Tug Of War
    8. Admit It
    9. Hypnotized
    10. Never Know
    11. Crutch
    12. Me Without Us

ilikedesigning likes this.
  2. John Zafran

As If Everything Was Held In Place

the new songs iv heard are great

3. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

Song is decent but I liked Uncontainable more. Dunno if this can top Duality for me.

4. Like this more than I expected to.

All I can think of when I hear about this band is @Jason Tate and @Thomas Nassiff discussing the Duality album cover on Encore.

5. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

Never imagined this band would become this after Cinematics dropped. Not bad though.

6. peoplearepoison

It’s a perfect day for letting go... Supporter

This band changed a lot. When I was on warped in 2013, they were like a gothy band

7. heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

i dig this.

8. Dodger

“The greatest teacher, failure is”

Never enjoyed their music but seem to always be entertained by their videos.

9. It's nice to hear Carson sing what the song needs. He's got a great voice even when he over-sings, but the simplicity of this is refreshing.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  10. TFT87

Regular

11. Oh, just how photoshopped it looks, how the lighting hits the members in different ways and how they all have the exact same height.

12. Maybe they realized you can dress however you like and still make whatever style of music you choose? hahah. I've always found it humorous how my apparel and "style" doesn't at all match the music I make or listen to. I will say though, I read a Set it Off review that compared the band to Adam Lambert, so you saying this makes that comparison make a whole lot more sense.

13. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

To be fair, their style of music changed a lot as well haha

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  14. haha I don't think I actually gave Duality a fair listen. Still, I like what I'm hearing here

beachdude42 likes this.
  15. Penguin

just let me cry a little bit longer Prestigious

The lyrics on these two songs seems to be a step up from the last album, at least...

16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Hey, we're finally getting a new Brand New album.

Jason Tate likes this.
  17. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow, this is actually pretty listenable. Vocals are still kinda painful, but not a bad song.

18. fbrrocks

Trusted

Great song

19. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Before Duality they were more like "orchestral pop punk" I guess you would say... that album is when they really changed.

20. Joe DeAndrea

Regular Supporter

They actually ended up changing the album art months after the record was released. Might've had to do more with the fact that they kicked that guy out of the band though and didn't want his face on the record anymore.

Matt504 likes this.
  21. Eric

Regular

That's why album covers with the band members on them are dumb. They look stupid most of the time and if a member leaves or gets kicked out, it just looks awkward

FTank likes this.
  22. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Honestly if that were a With Confidence song my friend would get off to it so hard, but since it's Set It Off he'll dismiss it immediately.