Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Serial Podcast • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

what's the basic premise, is it just "more info" or is it like... "this is why he did/didn't do it"

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It’s basically the same story so far just for tv. Mainly Hae’s journals, this ep. I’m half paying attention

3. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ohhh it's episodic

4. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Ok this is like a month late but no one asked about this. Do you mean 2 Dope Queens?

RJ Knorr, riotspray and oldjersey like this.
  5. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yes, that's what I meant.

Also, I started part 1 earlier but got bored about 40min in.

6. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

Yeah I watched half of it and got bored.

7. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

At this point I'm fairly convinced that Adnan did it, and continuing the story surrounding him doesn't do much good for the members of the victim's family.

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Thought the first episode of this was really boring. Pretty much just rehashing things we already learned from Serial.

Also I've always been pretty convinced that Adnan did it, but I was hoping this series would make me question myself.

Kuri44 likes this.
  9. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

Really weird error in fact regarding Don's age. He was 20 not 22

10. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

There should probably be a true crime thread or something, but is anyone listening to To Live and Die in LA? It's being touted as the new Serial. I'm a couple episodes in and hooked, liking it much better than Dirty John.

OhTheWater likes this.
  11. Dinosaurs Dish

Prestigious Prestigious

Just finished the HBO doc. God damn it’s heartbreaking for everyone involved.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

I can't believe he didn't take that plea deal.

Personally I think he did it, but there were too many inconsistencies in the prosecution's case that he shouldn't have been found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. He deserves a new trial.

13. manoverboard365

Trusted

I just started listening to Live and Die! It started off a little slow in the first episode but I'm hooked now. Episode 5....WOW.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  14. JimmyIymmiJ

Music, a steady riot in my soul. Prestigious

Yeah, I listened to that after hearing about it in here too. I wasn’t sold on the first few, but it was interesting enough for me to stick with. Then it got crazy and now I’m definitely hooked.

15. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Man, I'm trying to get through "To Live and Die in L.A." because the story is so interesting. But between the ads, the overbearing score and the awful reporter, it's such a poor presentation.

JimmyIymmiJ likes this.
  16. irthesteve

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I really don't even know how I feel about the case anymore

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

anyone check out the new season yet?

19. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Didn’t know it was back

20. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The Cleveland court system one or its adjacent "Nice White Parents"?

21. irthesteve

yeah, need some explanation of "new season" here!

22. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It's "Nice White Parents", basically how children with minority backgrounds are forgotten about in public schools. It's not officially a season 4 from what i'm reading though.

EDIT: oops and also how white parents influence those things

riotspray likes this.
  23. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I believe it's just a "Serial production." But I'm looking forward to diving in. I loved season three.

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

My girlfriend is an English teacher at a high school that is predominately children with ethnic minority backgrounds so I just told her about it and she is obviously very intrigued. She see's some major bullshit all the time, especially being right next to Parkland where the shooting was a few years ago but also is a school that is mostly for the privileged. Parkland is a very rich town and gets treated a ton better.

25. Nice White Parents is a "collaboration" between Serial and NYT. NYT purchased Serial Productions in July.
    The Times also said it had established a “creative and strategic” partnership with “This American Life” to develop ideas for stand-alone podcasts that can run under the Serial banner.
    This is a pretty sweet deal for TAL.