Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Serial Podcast • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

bobsheiskawy likes this.
  2. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

The description kind of makes it sound like Embedded.

3. Daniel

Party Mom Supporter

Sounds like the complete opposite of what Serial is.

riotspray likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

5. CAC3

Dog

The first two episodes of the season were released this morning. I really enjoyed the first one, haven't gotten a chance to listen to the second yet.

I like how they are keeping the format open, saying they could cover multiple cases in an episode or have a case that spans a few episodes. I'm optimistic this will easily top season two.

6. irthesteve

Alright, this has been pretty engaging and interesting

Greg likes this.
  7. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Agreed! Though I haven’t heard ep 4 yet. The first 3 were really intriguing.

8. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I've only listened to the first episode so far but I loved it.

riotspray likes this.
  9. irthesteve

same and same, probably will listen to the majority of 4 on the way home tonight

Greg likes this.
  10. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Three episodes into season 3 and loving it

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yup. This is quality stuff and a very welcome change of pace for this show.

Jacob Tender and bobsheiskawy like this.
  13. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Of course. Every podcast is a tv show now.

RJ Knorr likes this.
  14. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I can’t wait until they do a podcast about a tv show that’s about a podcast

irthesteve, riotspray and oldjersey like this.
  15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It will be interesting to put faces to all the voices at least. I listen to so many podcasts I forget most of the original Serial story so I definitely look forward to revisiting. I just hope it's not too long. Like no more than 4 episodes.

ChiliTacos and riotspray like this.
  16. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I think it said 4 episodes, if I'm not mistaken.

I agree, though. I listen to a lot of podcasts and it's been a while since I've heard this, so it will be cool to revisit it.
    It's just find it funny how the industry insists on remakes/sequels/spin-offs/etc. over original ideas. I guess the new trend is to make a doc out of any successful podcast (Dirty John, Up and Vanished, now Serial)

If you're gonna turn a podcast into a TV show, at least do something new/different (Comedy Bang Bang, Maron, 2 Broke Girls)

17. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Ah I didn't even watch the video as i'm at work.

Yeah the whole industry is filled with rehashes but I am totally welcoming these great podcast stories to get remade on TV. It will be better than 90% of the crap they come up with that is original. I heard that Dirty John was legitimately good. Idk how accurate that is because of who I heard it from though, hah.

18. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

The Dirty John podcast was good. I watched the doc (Dirty John: The Dirty Truth) and it was decent too. Interesting to see the actual people involved and hear it all from them. I watched the pilot of the Dirty John dramatized series. I love Connie Britton, but I was NOT feeling it, at all.

edit: that being said, critics seem to think it's pretty good.

19. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

I watched the Dirty John show. Connie Britton was good but I didn’t particularly enjoy the show:shrug:

20. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I was expecting a high quality show along the lines of American Crime Story with the Dirty John TV show due to the quality of actors it had, but it felt like I was watching a Lifetime original movie. I couldn't make it past the first episode.

RJ Knorr and riotspray like this.
  21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It is a very Lifetime movie-esque story line so it's probably an inescapable thing for them making it.

22. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, but the production quality of the pilot just felt off. Seemed low budget or something.

23. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Adnan special on now

24. irthesteve

is it any good? I honestly haven't even heard anything about it

25. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Eh