Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Serial Podcast • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Heard some good things about it and also that it's depressing. Gonna check it out.

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Did they follow up on his guilty plea?

3. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

Is there any news on an actual new season or am I safe to assume Serial is dead.

4. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

5. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

6. RJ Knorr

Trusted Supporter

Yeah I agree. I don't think season 2 was on the same level as season 1 but I’m on board with more Serial. Also, S-Town was fantastic. I think I listened to the whole season in two days

7. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

The first half of S Town was good. Then the story flipped and suddenly it was over without any sort of conclusion. To the point I wasn’t even sure what the purpose of telling the story.

suicidesaints and Aaron Mook like this.
  8. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

“Dirty John” is fantastic. A must-listen if you like Serial and S-Town.

9. I fully intend on starting it (and hopefully binging it) tomorrow after work

10. zmtr

Trusted

Fucking YES to all of this.

Dirty John may have been my favorite podcast yet. Mainly because it has an actual conclusion and we didn't get that with S-Town or Serial.

irthesteve likes this.
  11. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

excited to check it out. added it to the queue

12. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I might be of the few that didn't mind S-Town's lack of a concrete ending. But yeah, DJ is definitely the one for people that want some closure.

13. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

I started Dirty John on Monday. I'll probably finish it on the way home from work. It's relatively short and the story is pretty compelling. It also hits close to home, because I've had family members who could have been in very similar situations as Debbie.

14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I drove about 6 hours today. Started and finally I shed Dirty John. Holy hell was it engaging.

zmtr likes this.
  15. zmtr

Trusted

I feel a void in my life now. (it was filled with Dirty John for like 3 days hahaha)

ChiliTacos likes this.
  16. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Yeah Dirty John is insane, was not expecting that ending

zmtr likes this.
  17. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

2 episodes into Dirty John.

What's gonna happen?!!?!

18. DerekIsAGooner

So assuming that this weekend...

John gonna be dirty.

Aaron Mook and suicidesaints like this.
  19. 5Stories

Regular

Dirty John was pretty damn good. Not Serial season 1 or S-Town good, but still good. Anyone got any other well produced true crime shit to recommend?

Aaron Mook and NewSurrender like this.
  20. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I finished Dirty John based on the recommendations in this thread that it was similar to Serial. I liked it, would definitely recommend. Had no idea what would happen in the end, but knew John would try and do something sinister

21. zmtr

Trusted

I liked Dirty John much more than Serial. Both are great tho.

22. zmtr likes this.
  23. zmtr

Trusted

24. zmtr

Trusted

I've been listening to "In The Dark" and really loving it. Definitely recommended if you like Serial.

25. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

WOW, definitely going to watch the HBO series