Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Serenity (Steven Knight, January 25 ,2019) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by iCarly Rae Jepsen, Jun 7, 2018.

1. iCarly Rae Jepsen Jun 7, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 7, 2018)
    iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Baker Dill!

Ken likes this.
  2. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

looks like Bloodline the Movie

needless to say i’m in

Why Bother? likes this.
  3. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Here I was hyped for a thread on the Firefly movie , oh well. This should be solid.

nomemorial likes this.
  4. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

SAME. Got super hyped, haha

5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

yes, serenity, the firefly film to be released in 2018 and directed by steven knight. lol.

CarpetElf likes this.
  6. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Well ya once you read the title fully it's obvious what's it about, but at first glance it's an easy mistake to make.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I saw this trailer last night and didn’t even realize until just now

so that’s not a good sign

8. iCarly Rae Jepsen

Oh my god

Joel Gustafson and imthesheriff like this.
  9. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I’m so conflicted. I had zero interest and would never see this movie, but learning what it’s actually about makes me really want to see it...but it’s spoiled.

Also I can’t believe that was written and directed by the dude who created Peaky Blinders and Locke

imthesheriff likes this.
  10. tvck

Trusted

dafuq?

11. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Wild that so many prestigious actors read that twist and were like “yes sounds good, when do I start?”

12. tvck

Trusted

those are some bomb ass graphics, kid is a prodigy!

13. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Bummed as I was really interested in it as a sleazy noir but curious as to how absurd this twist can be and how bad it gets.

14. iCarly Rae Jepsen

McConaughey is the only person who can read that twist and say " yeah that makes sense " and I don't know Anne Hathaway wanted to work with him I guess

I mean it's basically Book Of Henry but written by a human being and Naomi Watts was in that one

15. Michael Qualiano

mikeq

Eastern Promises too

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

We stan an extra queen

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Oh my god I'm so excited to see this after reading the synopsis

18. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

This was just utterly baffling.

Joel Gustafson likes this.
  19. Joel Gustafson

A glass can only spill what it contains

I saw this movie tonight and wow I'm in shock. I have never seen a movie like Serenity, and I feel confident enough to say that I will never see a movie like it ever again. It is absolutely bonkers in all of the conventional ways and goes into uncharted bonkers territory. This is a movie that demands to be seen. Not because it is good, but because it is so impressively and perplexingly bad that my thoughts can’t even begin to scratch the surface of this movie.

20. AWasteOfATime

@awasteofatime Supporter

take an all time bad idea and do it to perfection.

aoftbsten likes this.
  21. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Went to see this today out of sheer curiosity. Actually didn't find it as absurdly bonkers or awful as most of the reactions, nor did I find it all that intriguing at the end. It was an interesting movie for sure, but I'm almost disappointed by the fact that I just found it kind of...average.

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I saw this in a theater tonight for its only showing (10:25 pm). No one else was there so it was fun to just laugh at the absurdity of this whole thing.

The choices they make, like the random quick tilts of the camera around the characters for no reason are amazing. The whole “Justice!” thing was great.

I get that overall it might be just a tinge too bland to put it with something like “Tiptoes,” but I think it’s absolutley astonishing that this got a wide release.

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Tiptoes/Serenity double feature of Matthew McConaughey’s baffling career decisions!

I do kind of want to see this now, but not for money. Maybe it can get some rifftrax treatment down the road.

Zilla likes this.
  24. jkauf

Prestigious Supporter

Holy shit, I forgot all about Tiptoes, lol.

aoftbsten likes this.
  25. Brother Beck

Trusted Supporter

I've read some of these descriptions but I've also been sort of careful to avoid spoilers. I am a huge fan of Steven Knight's TV show Peaky Blinders, and I was blown away at how moved I was at his movie that really was just an hour-and-a-half of Tom Hardy sitting in a car. Everyone's description of this makes it sound like a MONUMENTAL misfire.

* (Edited to add that this also has a fantastic cast.)