Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band • Page 98

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Stoked to hear some new music.

2. broken22

(:

Two Misfits covers ? Nice !

3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

riotspray likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Always interested in new SF but don’t really care about a couple covers. The Attitude one is pretty good though.

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Ah. Apparently this is a split with Saves The Day.

cbronder1 and latortuga like this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This is very good news

bd007h likes this.
  7. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Yesss
    Yes!! Been listening to an average quality mp3 of The Martyr for literally a decade.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Same! It’s so bad sounding haha. But the song rules.

bd007h likes this.
  9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

10. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

That cover of I Wish It Was Christmas Today rules

11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

these aren't very good but they are a lot of fun lmao

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

cbronder1 likes this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

While I mostly dislike this record, and I feel like I’ll always be waiting for a proper follow up to Buddy’s best record (Renacer), I’m glad that this record resonated enough with SF fans. It’s a shame most their fans want this throwback sound but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

johnnyferris and zachmacD like this.
  14. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Haven't listened to Pull the Thorns since it initially came out, but If There is Light is my favorite record of their's. I don't even think it's a throwback sound to pander, it felt like a genuine expression/return to form and conceptually it just worked really well.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

While I respectfully disagree about it being a return to form, I will agree about it conceptually working well even if I didn’t like it aside from like two tracks.

I just think SF is at its best when it’s really heavy.

Anyways, I’m blasting Thorns while working right now. Courage of an Open Heart is such a jam.

16. Anthony_

ITIL is definitely a return to form. Plus it's just a great record in general.

Also Renacer is much further away from the original sound of Senses Fail than ITIL is lol.

17. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Loved Renacer and I like Thorns but those are def a departure for SF. Carrying on that sound wouldn't have been my ideal. ITIL is great and the title track is my favorite closer of theirs too. Searching, Renacer and this are all kind of at the top for me but I listen to ITIL most often.

18. zachmacD

Trusted

I could take or leave the last record, but I’m ready to here both of these new records he’s sitting on. Buddy sounds good on the two covers records he released last year so I’m optimistic.

btw, Thorns fucking slaps on vinyl.

beachdude and mattylikesfilms like this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I guess it could be considered as a return to form in comparison to Renacer but it feels like... watered down? A majority of Light just feels like a pander to fans IMO and Renacer felt like a more natural progression after The Fire. I’ve said it many times and I’ll say it again; I would pay stupid money for another record like Renacer. I adore that record so much.

I don’t have Thorns on vinyl but I’m considering it right now!

zachmacD likes this.
  20. Anthony_

The Fire sounds like a Senses Fail record. Renacer came completely out of nowhere after The Fire. It was like a different band entirely. ITIL is closer to The Fire than Renacer is lol

latortuga and NJPunkMusic like this.
  21. zachmacD

Trusted

huh? There’s like 30 seconds of screaming on ITIL. Senses Fail got heavier every release so Renacer seemed like a natural progression to me at least. Especially after songs like Coward and lifeboats even if the lyrics on Renacer were way more positive.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  22. Anthony_

The Fire, Saint Anthony, Safe House, Landslide, Headed West, Nero, and Hold On are all mostly pop-punky songs that could have been songs on ITIL.

New Year's Eve, Irish Eyes, and Ghost Town are all classic-style Senses Fail songs like their first three albums.

Coward and Lifeboats are really heavy, sure, but even Coward has a chorus that would be totally out of place on Renacer.

So really, it's only Lifeboats that sounds like Renacer, while 7/12 tracks are extremely pop-punk and three of the other songs are more like LIEY and SS than Renacer lol.

Did you just listen to Coward and Lifeboats or?

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Meh, it didn’t feel that way for me (Renacer coming out of nowhere) but maybe that’s because of Bayonet and knowing Buddy’s hardcore roots.

24. Anthony_

We all know Buddy's hardcore roots. It came out of nowhere based on the sound of the band for four albums up to that point, including the album immediately preceding it (which was one of their pop-punkiest records to date).

Honestly, an album that sounded like ITIL would've made more sense after The Fire than Renacer did.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I still kinda disagree only because of how poppy Light is. It has some signature sounds of traditional SF, totally, but it’s very poppy and too polished. SF was moving more and more into a heavier/less polished sound with each record.

I can agree about songs like Safe House and Heading West being more in the Light camp (even those songs are still heavier to me... but not by much) but I just wasn’t shocked when I heard Renacer.

Anyways, I’m hoping the new record(s) are a little more heavy and more musically intricate than Light. I have a feeling it won’t be but a man can dream yeah?

zachmacD likes this.