Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band • Page 94

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I personally don’t need any more part 2s. I just want Buddy to keep making honest music for himself

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

My guess is he didn’t mean a literal part 2 but maybe in that vein sonically

3. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I love Family Tradition and still put it on regularly, one of my fave Senses Fail songs and would love to see how he writes that story for himself all these years later, now as a father.

Anthony_ and The Black Parade like this.
  4. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

He probably means a thematic sequel, not a song literally called "Family Tradition Part 2". But even if it is that, so what? Like @K0ta said, his perspective has changed a lot since he wrote the original and it would be cool to see him reflect on those themes from where he is now.

5. K0ta

Exactly. Personally I always loved SF in part because Buddy wrote so explicitly about family, particularly his father and as somebody who grew up with a complicated (to put it mildly) relationship with my dad his lyrics were always so important to me.

Now as an adult I struggle with the idea of being a parent after being raised by parents that failed me in a lot of ways, so it'd be nice to see the perspective of somebody on the other side of that and see Buddy's transition into adulthood with that history.

j0nnymarrzbar and Anthony_ like this.
  6. Anthony_

Yeah definitely, agree with all of this 100%. I liked the moments on ITILIWFY where he started getting into that but would love to hear more about it on the new record.

Mostly I'm just glad Buddy is still making music and being a positive voice in what remains of the "scene" in 2020.

7. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

This was something I discussed with someone yesterday. Would love to hear a take on that song with how different his life is now compared to when FT came out. He’s a father now, he’s married. It could be the other side of the coin to that song, which is something I’d love to hear. I know I’m not the same person I was 2,5,10 whatever years ago, and views change as we get older. Seeing buddy explore that in a ‘family tradition pt2’ would be awesome.

latortuga, cbronder1 and K0ta like this.
  8. cbronder1

Regular

I agree that a family tradition part 2 song would be cool to hear how buddy has grown as a person. Everything I've heard about this record so far has me really excited to hear it!

broken22 and The Black Parade like this.
  9. K0ta

10. broken22

(:

I'll always love that album cover.

11. Anthony_

Damn, I didn't realize they hadn't even started recording yet. Guess it's going to be a Fall release.

cbronder1, K0ta and The Black Parade like this.
  12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Album is very good

cbronder1 and The Black Parade like this.
  13. tomtom94

Trusted

Spinning Light again. It is an absolutely crushing album lyrically in the absolute best way. I got into Senses Fail around the time of Renacer because they were playing a show near me (that got cancelled because Buddy caught laryngitis - still never seen them!). I would honestly say it's the best blend of the music they made in their early career and the hardcore influences Buddy brought in for those two albums. And it captures the mood of modern life as a young person in that same way that bands like Spanish Love Songs are now doing, whilst also undeniably being a very personal album.

14. broken22

(:

Light is what got me back into Senses Fail, I'd like to thank @The Black Parade for making me listen to it when it came out.

15. cbronder1

Regular

And they've officially started recording!

16. TriangularDuck

Regular Supporter

17. broken22

(:

That sounds awesome !

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Sounds awesome

The Black Parade likes this.
  19. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

broken22 and Brandon Briganti like this.
  20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I’m intrigued

333 GANG and The Black Parade like this.
  21. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Into it.

333 GANG and The Black Parade like this.
  22. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Looking forward to it.

The Black Parade and 333 GANG like this.
  23. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I wonder if Dan will play drums on it again

The Black Parade likes this.
  24. broken22

(:

25. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Started an album thread. Wonder when we will get album artwork and a release date.