Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band • Page 90

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. St. Nate

من النهر إلى البحر Prestigious

dude have some respect for the dead.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. St. Nate likes this.
  3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah after some more listening, I definitely like the original sound of the EP. Might be partly because I first discovered LIEY and the EP when I was first getting into that music scene and it holds some nostalgia factor.

bobby_runs likes this.
  4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Buddy mentioned he wanted to have this out on vinyl. Out of all their music this would have been the hardest to get pressed in 2019. Rather than go through the process of obtaining the rights to do it he decided a re-recording would be a fun little project to get there.

Dan Trapp was in the band from the beginning until before PTTFYH and he even did the drums for the last full length and this ep. Gavin’s been in the band since Renacer, and Zack Roach was in the band for three record cycles. Of course it’s true that Buddy can really be the only one to speak on “former selves” but at the least the current iteration of the band is pretty cool

Saephon and teebs41 like this.
  5. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

Everyday I get closer and closer to wanting to start a GoFundMe to restart DTR and buy the rights for everything to properly press with artist involvement. And maybe continue on as a label again.

Idk how I would do the math to figure out correct pressing numbers but everything would get a standard black release. Bigger titles would get a variant or two.

johnnyferris and teebs41 like this.
  6. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Steven is so good

cbronder1 likes this.
  7. Heron182

Regular

I’d donate lol i cant believe how a great indie with a stacked lineup could just fall apart

8. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I am just popping into here to say I love the reimagined EP. sorry not sorry.

Kross, cbronder1 and SaveTheEarth like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Was Don’t Look Down opening? If so, I went to the same tour.

y2jayjk likes this.
  10. Bryan Diem

Trusted

He should re record LIEY because its one of my fav pop punk albums but the vocals are (endearingly) rough but I want to hear better screams on songs like Irony

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Would be down for this but would be even more down for a re-recorded version of The Fire if they could keep it as heavy as it was.

12. bobby_runs

I think the only song that kinda improved is Bloody Romance.

13. johnnyferris

teebs41 likes this.
  14. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This is a fun listen but I miss the charm of the obnoxiously cranked piccolo snare Dan used on the original EP. The drum parts on the EP blew my 16 year old mind that someone my age (at that time) could be that good.

15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Love the new version of One Eight Seven.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. johnnyferris

I still believe that 187 is the worst song they’d play live over the last 10 years at their shows. I was pretty happy that Buddy retired it, but it of course came back

17. bobby_runs

What are your issues with the song ?

18. johnnyferris

I’m 25 now so I’ll come out and say there’s no nostalgic moment tying me to the EP. I’ve seen them play enough times to see the reaction from people that are a few years older than me. It clearly means a lot to a few people.

Buddy’s had some bad lyrics in those early stages of the band and the song is one of them. Structurally, the song is pretty bland. I still enjoy watching it live, but I always saw it as taking the place of a much better song that could have been played.

19. Bryan Diem

Trusted

I'm 24 and something about the Ep and first record is more nostalgically charming than the rest of their stuff

20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

So ready for new Senses Fail AND Silverstein.

21. BTDandFeelingThis

22. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

If SF and Silverstein tour together and don't come here, I'll cry.

cbronder1 and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  23. BTDandFeelingThis

They’ll go to the great country of Toronto I’m sure

latortuga likes this.
  24. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

when is The Fire show supposed to happen taht buddy tweeted about a year or two ago???

25. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

bold of you to assume he would actually follow through on that

NJPunkMusic likes this.