Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band • Page 88

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. bobby_runs

where would i be if i was my brain Prestigious

[​IMG]
    That’s what got me into them. I then went back to Best Buy to get the EP and fell in love. When the debut album came out I introduced it to all the scene kids in my grade and the one above mine. Saw them on the 2005 WT.

Didn’t really stick with them after those two releases. Came back on this newer run of music.

2. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I became a fan after someone at school had that shirt with the pink bullets so I checked em out thinking it was a heavier band but loved how catchy LIEY was

3. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I used to have that shirt too. Dammit I miss that shirt lol

4. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I am unrealistically excited to hear a modern recording of Bloody Romance

Dog Fish, teebs41, broken22 and 3 others like this.
  5. cbronder1

Regular

All of these new recordings are going to sound great and i'm super excited.

BTDandFeelingThis and latortuga like this.
  6. latortuga

Regular

You know what I think I remembered it wrong and it was can't be saved. I was obsessed with Still Searching thereafter so there you go.

333 GANG likes this.
  7. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

cbronder1 likes this.
  8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Dreaming a Reality and Handguns are far and away my favorites these days, most excited for those

cbronder1 likes this.
  9. cbronder1

Regular

Anyone's pre-order ship yet?

10. Dog Fish

Mutt

I still remember smiling when I learned the intro to bloody romance on my guitar (moreso the sound/tone)

11. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

This is why you’re cooler than @Dog with a Blog

12. Dog Fish

Mutt

bradsonemanband likes this.
  13. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Did a sound check for a high school talent show that had a lot of bands and we sound checked with this song... I remember the horror we got from the teacher when I started screaming lol.

14. Dog Fish

Mutt

That reminds me, I went to a pretty religious university and tried out for a talent show with The Ground Folds - acoustic. We had to submit the lyrics for approval. Even though rules stated 'no changing lyrics for covers,' I revised a few of them because I knew they wouldn't be approved. However, in doing so, I made one lyric much worse. I changed "the blood spilled down your spine" to "the love spilled down your spine." The committee denied the entry, saying it was explicitly sexual. I essentially made it sound like jizz was running down her back. Oops.

15. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

16. cbronder1

Regular

Dang, mine still didn't, and I pre-ordered as soon as it went live. Glad yours shipped already though!

johnnyferris likes this.
  17. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Yup this is good.

cbronder1 likes this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not liking the vocals that much on any of the re-recordings. Dreaming A Reality and One Eight Seven have some bad effects or too much autotune. Idk what it is, but it just sounds weird.

riotspray likes this.
  19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

enjoying steven

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

i think his voice has just changed a ton haha

21. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Thank god I didn’t care about this EP prior to the re-recording because I’d probably struggle to enjoy these songs. 187 is so much better to me, I love Bloody Romance too. I thought the EP was unlistenable before, now the songs still aren’t great but at least the vocals don’t suck anymore lol

teebs41 likes this.
  22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I think they sound great. I was kind of assuming that the ending of One Eight Seven would be one of the things he altered

trevorshmevor, tyler2tall and teebs41 like this.
  23. Saephon

Regular

Steven is fantastic

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

That’s true. It has been many years. I think the production on his voice is just too much though.

I was also expecting a lot more lyric changes.

25. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Hmm. I mean it’s an interesting listen as a novelty. But tbh now I find myself liking the amateurish-ness (for lack of a better term) of the original.

riotspray likes this.