Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band • Page 84

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

2. broken22

(:

I think it will ! Like I've said, the songs are fantastic but it's the production that brings it down.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  3. broken22

(:

Did Buddy ever say why he won't ever form an actual line up again?

4. Davjs

Trusted

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Not dependent enough I guess. Though Greg seems pretty constant

6. broken22

(:

If I remember correctly I believe Greg was the band's sound tech at one point.

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I have it! These songs seriously shred. I really hope they end up touring and putting out a full length!!

Davjs and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  8. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Gavin’s been playing the longest out of the current lineup. Played bass since on the Renacer cycle and now does guitar.

9. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  10. cbronder1

Regular

I really hope they announce the release date/pre-orders for the re-recorded from the depths of dreams ep soon. I can't wait to hear it.

11. johnnyferris

Happy birthday, PTTFYH. I'll happily defend this record. It's not Renacer, but still makes my top 5 for the band.

12. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Lyrically it's my favorite tbh

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I can appreciate what the record meant to Buddy but I always will be disappointed in how PTTFYH turned out as the follow up to the Magnum Opus that Renacer is. Now that SF is entirely different - I’m even more sad that I’ll never get another Renacer :tear:

14. Davjs

Trusted

I agree mostly. Thrones had some parts that shined and I think if Buddy let his then amazing band write more of the music then it could have been closer to a true Renacer followup

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I enjoy some songs like The Three Marks of Existence and The Importance of the Moment of Death but most of the record falls flat for me. Agree a thousand times over that if Matt and Zack wrote a majority of the guitar parts - the record would have been a lot better.

beachdude and Davjs like this.
  16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I only come back to carry the weight, wounds, and surrender on that album but I do think those 3 are very good. Also just really like the cover. Renacer’s cover is a pleasant image but it screams stock art.

beachdude, Davjs and zachmacD like this.
  17. zachmacD

Trusted

Yeah, PTTFYH is one of my favorites by them. These may be fighting words but honestly, SS is my least favorite. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a great record but I’m just sick of hearing those songs live and I think I’ve over played it

18. zachmacD

Trusted

Wounds is fantastic . Take refuge is great as well if you haven’t given that song a chance

beachdude, disambigujason and Davjs like this.
  19. johnnyferris

We Are All Returning Home, Surrender, and Carry The Weight are my favorites
    Wooo!

20. Davjs

Trusted

Wounds, Carry the Weight, Importance of the Moment of Death, Three Marks and the Title Track are the ones I go back to on Throns.

Take Refuge is a fun track but nothing I really ever remember until it comes on.

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Take Refuge sounds like a fun track but I feel like the energy is not as high as it should be if that makes sense? Like, I am sure it would be fun and awesome live, but the recorded version is just ok.

Davjs likes this.
  22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Surrender and Unlived Life are easily my favorite songs on Thorns

johnnyferris likes this.
  23. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I fully agree with you here. I love that Buddy made an album he was proud of, and it hit home with some people. It is by far my least favorite thing by them aside from the EP. I really liked the B-side they put on the 7” with Man Overboard, too, so I was excited for the album. The songs weren’t catchy like earlier SF, and they also weren’t relentless like Renacer was. Renacer just continues to get better with time. I hope they add some of those tracks to their set with time- but I’m fine with them not adding anything from PTTFTH.

Davjs and mattylikesfilms like this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ughhhh this! I love All You Need Is Already Within You! I thought it was a taste of what was to come after Renacer which made Thorns even more disappointing :tear:

But yeah - Renacer will forever be their best record by a landslide if you ask me. Speaking of landslide, The Fire is my second favorite record of theirs.

johnnyferris, Davjs and zachmacD like this.
  25. latortuga

Regular

Put on The Fire yesterday and you know, Buddy really knows how to write a catchy melody. This band can do no wrong for me. I still think the production of The Fire is messy but the songs are undeniably 100% earworms. Reminds me The Blackest Beautiful, great album but difficult to listen to due to the production.