Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band • Page 83

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. zachmacD

Trusted

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

cbronder1 and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

I'm not too big on the venue they are playing at in STL, I'll have to see what the rest of their set is like before I commit!

5. thenewmatthewperry

performative angry black man Prestigious

Haven't listened to this EP since junior high, this is a much weirder feeling than typical nostalgia, because I realized I haven't changed much in all of these years lol

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  6. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

7. BTDandFeelingThis

I cant wait for the re-recorded FDOD. I want that on vinyl but I’m waiting for this

8. Davjs

Trusted

9. Davjs

Trusted

I wonder if the Follow Your Bliss EP will be included in the boxset? Super underrated.

10. Davjs

Trusted

11. broken22

(:

What albums do you consider eh ?

12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I’d have to buy the entire box set just to get the Fire as I have everything else already haha

Davjs likes this.
  13. Davjs

Trusted

LIEY and the latest.

LIEY just doesn't hold up sound wise besides a few tracks and Light is kinda bland, esp compared to the ones that came before it.

Their sweet spot is SS-Life-Fire-Bliss-Renacer. I think they will always a favorite of mine just for that stretch alone, even if they never make another good album again.

14. broken22

(:

Light is awesome ! LIEY I definitely agree with, even though those songs I still love because it's what made me a fan. I use to dislike the Fire, but now it's my favorite Senses Fail record because of how much I connect with it.

Davjs likes this.
  15. Davjs

Trusted

I always dismissed SF as another emo band until someone showed me the riff that is Lungs Like Gallows. Then backtracking I fell in love with SS but LIEY just sounded so bad without a nestalgia connection lol.

Light just seems so bland musically, even though vocally Buddy is on point. Their guitars and drums are always what made them stand above the rest IMO along with the vocals, now it just seems like a huge piece of that is missing. Light sounds just like another "Speak the Truth Even if Your Voice Shakes" album which was also kind of bland for what it could have been. It completely shows the band doesn't write anymore and just there for touring.

16. broken22

(:

Oh I agree ! Even on the Fire the guitars are stellar, I wish Buddy would actually record with the current touring line up. Steve is an outstanding drummer, Gavin Caswell and Jason Millbank are very good guitarists.

BTDandFeelingThis and Davjs like this.
  17. Davjs

Trusted

:heart::heart:

18. BTDandFeelingThis

Probably but it’s not until 2021

19. BTDandFeelingThis

According to buddy anyway he does tend to over hype and announce things early lol

Davjs likes this.
  20. Davjs

Trusted

You think they waiting for the re release of the first EP and Fire? That makes sense.

21. BTDandFeelingThis

I am so amped to head the remastered Fire, i think it’ll jump up on my ranking list

22. BTDandFeelingThis

That’s the anniversary of the band too

23. Davjs

Trusted

24. BTDandFeelingThis

I’d buy it as well, though all I currently own is still Searching and ITILIWFY

25. BTDandFeelingThis

Still Senses Fail

333 GANG likes this.