Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band • Page 76

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. broken22

(:

I certainly think it's possible to get another album in the vein of The Fire. Buddy loves that record.

2. Davjs

Trusted

When I pre-ordered the album it came with a download of the title track. Must have listened to it like 8 times a day until the album came. That bridge is maybe one of the favorite Senses Fail moments.

Hearing Irish Eyes and Lifeboats for the first time were great moments for me haha.

Really? I hope that's true. I always figured by how little songs from it are played live that Buddy didn't care for it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. broken22

(:

I swore he said that he was bummed when it didn't get the reception he thought.

mattylikesfilms and Davjs like this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

I'd love for that to be the case. It's a killer album.

I personally like the style of Renacer most and get why some don't, but The Fire really does have it all, both heavy and pop blended perfectly.

mattylikesfilms and broken22 like this.
  5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Buddy recently mentioned in some recent interview about how everyone hated The Fire when it first came out but now a lot of people ask him about it because they seem to love it.

I highly doubt he will try and go back to that sound but a dude can dream..

Davjs likes this.
  6. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I've never really given The Fire a chance until seeing this discussion and holy shit I am three tracks in and this is really, really good so far. Cheers!

7. DannyZach

Trusted

Fire is the best,no doubts

mattylikesfilms and Davjs like this.
  8. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

9. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Was just about to post that. Just saw a clip of them doing guitars on Buddy’s Instagram.

10. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

My perception was The Fire came out at a time when the scene was tiring out, in a weird phase of “ok this music is popular but now we gotta keep it going.” a lot of bands were trying to go heavier, and SF just did it better than most but it flew under the radar since people starting falling out of the scene. That could all be totally inaccurate but that’s what it felt like.

11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

My copy of The Fire that I picked up at Newbury Comics was autographed so that was cool too

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I liked the Fire when it came out, but I think it was getting pretty evident that the band themselves was getting tired of the sound.

I believe it was Garret’s final recording appearance and correct me if I’m wrong but he was the brain child of the songs up until that point. Those classic melodic riffs we all love were his. Perhaps one of the reasons of him leaving was him thinking he could not take that sound any further.

The heavier songs juxtaposed with Buddy’s ever improving lyrics worked so well. But Buddy knew the band needed a change or they’d fall by the wayside.

13. BTDandFeelingThis

Buddy ranked the albums

@Davjs gonna be maaaaad

Davjs likes this.
  14. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Yikes

Davjs likes this.
  15. BTDandFeelingThis

And now songs

16. Davjs

Trusted

17. Davjs

Trusted

I really like most of these songs though, so not bad. Still dead wrong though .

18. slimfenix182

Band people ranking their own stuff is odd. Matt Skiba ranks all his Trio albums pretty much only based upon how fun the recording process itself was lol

Kyle Max likes this.
  19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

If There Is Light is a 10/10. Maybe I should listen more closely to their other stuff, but I wasn't a big fan of the stuff I heard.

20. Davjs

Trusted

Every band thinks their most recent release is the best. Buddy's best ranking would have been when Renacer was released ;-)

21. Davjs

Trusted

Get out of here Buddy, no one is buying your alt account or ranking! >-p:speakno:

Micool1 likes this.
  22. slimfenix182

This was harder than I thought. My top 3 could be interchangeable depending on the day really

If There Is A Light
    Still Searching
    Renacer
    The Fire
    Pull The Thorns
    Let It Enfold You
    Life Is Not A Waiting Room
    Depth Of Dreams

23. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I agree that ranking your own music is kinda weird. Of course his favorite album is gonna be If There Is Light, since it's a very personal and emotional record and is pretty recent so those emotions are still very fresh in his mind. Emotions from an album that is 10 years old won't have as much impact for him now.

waterloobeam and Davjs like this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

The hardest for me would be deciding whether Fire or Life would be number 2. Both are so good.

25. Davjs

Trusted

It's also relationship suicide to say that songs about your exs are more important than songs about almost losing his wife (gf, I dunno their status). When I think about it that way, I can't blame him.