Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

What do you think? Maybe I am overreacting (probably) but I was like ugh this is going to suckkkkk..

2. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

My reaction was actually quite the opposite. Don't get me wrong, I loved the direction Buddy was going in with the last two albums (especially Renecer), but there's something about that traditional Senses Fail sound that gets me every time.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

How do you feel about those lyrics though? That's what makes me cringe the most.

4. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

I honestly was paying more attention to the way everything sounded and didn't pay attention to them lol. It's just a bite from the studio, for all we know the song could get canned, you know?

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Very true. I really hope it does too lol

6. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Those snippets on facebook are lol imo

7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Soooooooo fucking bad... UGH.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Buddy is comparing it to Brand New's Your Favorite Weapon... that record is only good because of its nostalgia and Jesse Lacey. Most of the lyrics on that record are actually pretty bad when you read it at face value.

It's a shame so many SF fans are still stuck in early 2000's clamoring for this shit instead of being stoked on actual progression.

9. cbronder1

Regular

I love Senses Fail's older sound and I also love their heavier stuff. That older Senses Fail sound will always hold a special place in my heart and I'm extremely excited for the new record. I think the studio clips sound great.

10. Borat 2: Vengeance

The Pitbull of Chorus.fm Prestigious

I'm cautiously optimistic. Renacer is my favorite Senses Fail album but I like em all (LIEY is my probably my least favorite) but I'll try it out. Not sure if I ever listened the last in full tbh.

11. Bryan Diem

Trusted

He said it sounds like between LIEY and SS but it sounds like before the debut EP hahaha

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I think this band's sound has gone in enough directions that I can get excited for anything. Cringe-worthy lyric aside I think it sounds catchy as hell.

beachdude42 and Bryan Diem like this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Eh, Thorns was really a throwaway record in my opinion. It's a terrible follow up to the amazing Renacer.

Dude when I heard these clips on his Instagram, I literally laughed. I know I'll sound like a dick but I'm somewhat embarrassed for him. How can you go from writing amazing inspirational lyrics on Renacer and even the lackluster Thorns (it was more so the music that sucked on that one) to writing lyrics that sound like a whiney high-schooler trying to sound like a punk?

This shit sucks and I really hope they don't make the cut on the record. I have extremely low expectations for this record but maybe Buddy will shut me up with a decent final product.. but between this and Beau producing? I'm betting not.

I'll always keep crossing fingers for a Bayonet full length.

Bryan Diem likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms Jul 8, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 8, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

MY PRAYERS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED

BUDDY IS PLANNING ON BRINGING BAYONET BACK!! :verysad::clap:

Attached Files:

truelovewaits, Davjs and Bryan Diem like this.
  15. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

For what it's worth I still enjoy the old Senses Fail albums, and I could see a return to that style being enjoyable for myself at least. I can't really judge by teasers that are that short/low quality, but I didn't hate them.

16. cbronder1

Regular

What's wrong with Beau producing? His studio work sounds great

truelovewaits and beachdude42 like this.
  17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Is Beau producing just bad because the new Saosin album sucked?

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

He's fine but he wouldn't push Buddy to do some experimental/cool things like Shaun Lopez did IMO.

19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That too haha

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I just don't think Beau is an exciting choice. He is a safe choice.

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I definitely didn't think that was a bad record. I really enjoyed it, was super aggressive and very melodic.

truelovewaits likes this.
  22. The lyrics in those videos above are so bad.

23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Yea I like the melody and it feels like vintage senses fail.. but come on.. let it enfold you had at least pretty poetic lyrics for being an angst driven record. I know buddy can write better lyrics than this. Sort of reminds me of that from first to last song

beachdude42, js977 and Bryan Diem like this.
  24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Let it enfold you had terrible, terrible lyrics. Slow dance had some decent lines bc they were ripped from the Tao te Ching tho

Joe4th likes this.
  25. Bryan Diem

Trusted

liey is very self aware though. I mean the first line is from Heathers, after all