Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm beyond happy for Buddy that's he's in such a good place, but it's still hard to adjust to him writing songs/albums that are positive in nature!

bd007h likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I have and I'm not really impressed. Especially when looking at his producing credits.

Not to be a buzzkill but I'm nervous for this record.

1) pretty sure Buddy wrote all the guitar parts on this which if so... damnit. He wrote all the guitars on Thorns and I don't think I need to say more.
    2) this record will be less heavy and have much more singing
    3) Buddy has described this record as something that would have came out in between LIEY and SS which would be great if it was 2004.. not 2017.

I guess I should just accept that he will never release another Renacer :tear:

Maybe one day we will get a full length Bayonet record? A boy can dream!

bd007h and Davjs like this.
  3. Larry David

I feel like I'm having Deja Vu and you and I have both had a similar conversation to this in the past haha.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. Larry David

@mattylikesfilms I was right haha

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

truelovewaits likes this.
  6. Davjs

Trusted

100% agreed

7. Davjs

Trusted

I just can't get over what a loss it is to lose the Follow Your Bliss/Renacer lineup. Those are two of my favorite albums by them and their musicianship on that EP and LP are so incredible.

I'll always give SF a shot but sadly I do not have the highest of hopes. Like Thorns, I'm bound to like a few songs though which is better than nothing.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Exactly how I feel. Matt and Zack are killer guitarists and added a lot both on record and especially live. I'm fine with Dan no longer being in the fold since Chris is one hell of a drummer but only if properly utilized.

I'll hold out for a single and of course check the new record out but I don't have high hopes.

Davjs likes this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

If anyone is curious to hear what 2018 Senses Fail sounds like go to @budthechud on Instagram and watch his story. He posted a clip with Beau at the studio and it's not my cup of tea. Renacer is definitely dead and buried by now judging off everything Buddy has said and the clips I have heard.

10. Davjs

Trusted

:worried::tear::verysad:X-(

11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

12. ShadowTh2b

Ultimate Life Form

Didn't they say the next album was going to sound like Still Searching?

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Buddy said it'll sound like a record that would've come out in between LIEY and SS... which sucks but I guess I can thank all the fans who want that sound still in 2017? I'm salty.

Davjs and ShadowTh2b like this.
  14. ShadowTh2b

Ultimate Life Form

Fans hate progression or any sort of change in sound or the normal for some reason. Look at Taking Back Sundays new album, Blinl-182's new album, Fall Out Boy's new stuff, Matchbook Romance's second album, and on and on and on. Stellar stuff in my eyes and to a lot of others, but you have a lot of purist fans that complain too.

15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

May not be a natural progression but that doesn't mean it can't be good. if anyone's gonna purposely write a nostalgic album I trust buddy wholeheartedly.

beachdude42 likes this.
  16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ugh so true. "Voices" is so phenomenal.

ShadowTh2b and airik625 like this.
  17. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I guess the question is whether or not people want Senses Fail to continue, or if they want it to end? It sounds like the Renacer - Thorns era was really destructive for the band's fanbase. It was a major change musically, but it didn't click with people the way they had envisioned it. Personally, I thought Thorns was really bland. I respected the passion he put into it, but it did nothing for me. I wish they would just bring back the best of both worlds, much like the LINAWR/Fire era, but I'm mostly just happy to know I'm getting another Senses Fail album.

On another note, it's funny how interested I get in hearing new music from artists I grew up loving, but the majority of these artists can't seem to put together material that really pulls me in anywhere near how well they could years ago.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Aside from like three songs; I agree about Thorns being bland. I wish Buddy would just start a new band with the same sound as Renacer but Senses Fail is a name with a built in fan-base. Buddy wouldn't want to start over.

With that said; I would be jazzed if Buddy put out a Bayonet full length. That EP is one of my favorite EPs period.

js977 likes this.
  19. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Personally I found new Blink to be a bit generic, and new Fall Out Boy to just not be very good. Voices was absolutely brilliant though.

Haven't heard the new clip but I'll always check out their new music.

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I for one am very happy they are returning to form, I loved early senses fail

beachdude42 and js977 like this.
  21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

One of my most played records. I've been hoping for a vinyl pressing since it was released.

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh yeah I was agreeing with fans being awful to bands they love when they try to progress. I think FOB and and Blink are a joke now.

I think back to the unfortunate/piss poor reaction to stellar records like Finch- Say Hello To Sunshine, The Academy Is.. - Santi, and New Found Glory - Coming Home.

All great records that were followed up with total regression to please fans. Shame.

Jordan mentioned to me that they're trying to make it happen. Would absolutely love that!

23. ShadowTh2b

Ultimate Life Form

I disagree on both accounts, but my point still stands. I'm not saying all fans have to like every new thing a band does that would be mindless. You have those fans though that are like "Give us Enema Part 2!" Or "Give Us another Thnk Fr The Memries". Which is how you get the regression. You also have bands that don't do progression well and are comfortable where they are; NFG, Breaking Benjamin, and bands like that.

24. mattylikesfilms Jul 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 7, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Holy LOL- everyone needs to check out Buddy's Instagram story (@budthechud) TODAY. He posted another studio clip and it's fucking BAD.

Lyrics (that I can make out) goes; "I'm not lazy I just don't give a shit about material thiiiiinnnngggsss" in a high pitch voice like it's 2002 with boring generic rock music.

Fuck... I know I shouldn't write an album off before a single is even released but everything is sounding worse and worse for this new record. Ugh.

25. Full Effect Ed

...In F*cking Full Effect Prestigious

He must've taken it down because his last post was from the fourth

EDIT: Nvermind I see it now