Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

yeah, I think I lean that way too. It pains me to say no Renacer but I think the combo of Waiting Room/Fire wins me over. SS is good all the way through too, but doesn't have the bangers I want out of SF like NYE, Lifeboats or Lungs Like Gallows. Thrones is just eh.

js977 likes this.
  2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Still Searching doesn't have bangers?! Blasphemy!

3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I've been listening to Still Searching and LINAWR a lot recently for the first time and they are so good. Still Searching especially. Buddy's scream in the bridge of Shark Attack is epic.

I just really love the guitar work and guitar tones on those albums.

js977 and Davjs like this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

I mean, they have songs with heaviness in them like the title track, shark attack, crowded rooms and the ending of Cowboys..........but no Lungs Like Gallows or Wolves at the Door and certainly no Lifeboats.

5. Davjs

Trusted

I think this is true for all their albums actually. The actual band is super underrated musically and there is always something new to notice when relistening.

js977 likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Reading that interview made me really miss when Garrett was in the band. Him and Heath were quite the guitar duo.

Davjs likes this.
  7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

LINAWR always sticks out as a lower point in their discog for me but now that i look at the tracklisting im realizing it is quite good. i remember being really bored by garden state and family tradition as singles tho so that probably skewed my perception.

8. Davjs

Trusted

Family Tradition, while trying to be another Cant Be Saved, was ok and I get why it was the single. I loved Garden State though. It was catchy and I love the mini guitar solos randomly thrown in there. I also think Blackout, Map the Streets, Yellow Angels and Four Years are fantastic too.

9. Larry David

Yellow Angels and Blackout are so good

10. devenstonow

Noobie

family tradition bridge and last chorus/outro are top tier scene tbh

but i say that having just listened to the song for the first time in at least five years

11. Davjs

Trusted

The Lyrics on those parts, well maybe the whole song, are pretty depressing :tear:

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i think the bridge in Four Years is my favorite moment on that album. still get a little cathartic release every time.

waterloobeam and Davjs like this.
  13. devenstonow

Noobie

I remember mopey emo 7th/8th grade me loved the lyrics ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. Davjs

Trusted

It is fantastic.

I still love them, they are really well done and paints the picture perfectly. He's always had good use of lyrics. They are just sad still lol.

js977 likes this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

realized today that my CD-uploaded version of fireworks at dawn still has these crackles from my computer at the time; sounds like vinyl pops at the beginning and i've grown to see it as part of the song/like it.

truelovewaits and Davjs like this.
  16. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

bd007h, truelovewaits and beachdude42 like this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I wish I could get excited but after Thorns and hearing the musical regression planned? I'm not and it bums me out.. Renacer is forever my favorite work of Buddy next to Bayonet.

Davjs likes this.
  18. I'll always listen but that doesn't mean I'll be into it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  19. airik625

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

bored by the title but man am i excited to hear it

21. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Love that title! Fingers crossed that it's better than Pull The Thorns From Your Heart!

airik625 likes this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I wonder if Shaun Lopez is producing it?

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Nope it's Beau from Saosin producing it- not sure how I feel about that...

24. airik625

It sounds like a line on a song from Pull The Thorns From Your Heart.

js977 likes this.
  25. Larry David

He's produced some good records. Check out his resume.