Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Davjs

Trusted

Lifeboats, Irish Eyes, The Fire, Hold On, NYE and Ghost Town always make my Senses Fail mix.

js977 likes this.
  2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Also, I like the homage to Jets to Brazil in the song title. I know he's a big fan of that band

3. Larry David

Hold On is one of their best closers they've done

4. Davjs

Trusted

Hmmm, man that is hard. I love them all. I think their best closers are def between Mountain and the Sea, Hold On and The Priest and The Matador.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  5. Larry David

Martini Kiss will probably always have it for me based on nostalgia alone

6. Davjs

Trusted

Super unpopular but I don't even really like LIEY and have no attachment to it since I didn't get into them until I heard the sweet guitar breakdown in All The Best Cowboys. I'd be fine if they retired that whole album minus a few tracks (NJ Falls Into the Atlantic, Lady in the Blue Dress and Bite To Break)

7. Larry David

I understand that people that hold on to LIEY are probably mostly fans that have been fans for quite some time like myself. I got into them between their EP and Let It Enfold You time period so those 20 songs mean a lot to me

8. Davjs

Trusted

On their live dvd, they opened with Stephen and it sounded like a good opener. They should do that more.

9. Larry David

They opened with that when I saw them Warped '05 or '06, and it was awesome.

10. Davjs

Trusted

God that was so long ago, what was their most current album at that time. Was Still Searching even out?

11. Larry David

It was probably '06 because they played a couple
    Songs from Still Searching prior to it coming out. I remember Bonecrusher was called Barn Burner or something like that when they played it

Davjs likes this.
  12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I think Ghost Town is one of their weaker songs. Not a fan of that one at all.

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

100% agree and man... Lifeboats and Coward are so good.

truelovewaits likes this.
  14. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I remember it being called Barn Burner too initially. What a bad ass title, wish they kept it.

15. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I like the track alright. I thought the EP was going to be comprised of acoustic versions of songs that were already in their catalog. Guess not.

Anyhow, I preorered the vinyl via Bullmoose. They have the black and maroon smash.

16. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I remember watching their Still Searching studio updates and hearing song clips and what not. The original intro to Sick or Sane was awesome.

And then I always loved the song clip that comes at 6:50. Wish that would've been made into a full song/released at some point.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  17. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Senses Fail is one of those bands who just kept getting better with every release, imo. Then thorns happened, but Buddy and co have shown that they're talented musicians so i'm still excited for their next album.

mattylikesfilms and Davjs like this.
  18. Davjs

Trusted

I agree, since I jumped on with Still Searching, every release has gotten better and better. The ball was dropped pretty hard with Thrones, and having to follow up Reancer didn't help.

19. Larry David

I remember watching these religiously

20. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Following up Renacer wouldn't have been easy. I remember when The Path dropped during the build up to Renacer and being mind blown.

mattylikesfilms and Davjs like this.
  21. Davjs

Trusted

That does sound awesome! To be fair, it sounds like they took that guitar part and added it into the solo and the ending of the song instead.

22. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Renacer is their best album as far as I'm concerned. Amazing from start to finish.

Letterbomb31 likes this.
  24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

js977 likes this.
  25. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Liked that more than jets to Peru, which I also enjoyed quite a bit