Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Oct 7, 2016.

1. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't see a thread for these guys and they've been one of my favorite bands for awhile now. Let's discuss.

2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I'm listening to LINAWR for the first time in forever and I forgot how much I enjoy this album.

Davjs and bd007h like this.
  3. bd007h

chorus.fm's resident Meg Myers fan #GoSabres/Bills

Probably their best album.

As for their recent stuff, Pull the Thorns From You Heart was disappointing considering how great and different Renacer was.

Davjs likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I never got into Renacer or PTTFYH too much. Not really my style. I really liked The Fire as well but the production is so bad.

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

happy 10th birthday to still searching today! one of the best albums of 2006.

6. TFT87

Regular

Let It Enfold You is one of my favorite albums. So catchy. Still Searching is great too. Unfortunately everything after LINAWR is pretty bad.

7. The only thing I liked after Still Searching was Renacer.

8. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

i thought half was LINAWR was great, the other half bad, and loved all of the fire. renacer and thorns don't do much for me outside of the more melodic parts, the guitar is way too sludgy for me

9. Davjs

Trusted

Noooooooo. The EP has 3 of my favorite songs and Renacer, well we don't need to keep saying how fantastic that record is.

Thorns though.... I didn't hate it but disappointed given how great all their records are. I heard it's because Buddy took over writing the music for this one. After an album like Renacer, seems like a terrible idea since what drives that album are Matt and Zack's crazy good and creative guitar parts and tones.

10. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I could not (even though I tried hard) get into anything after Let it Enfold You.

11. Davjs

Trusted

Yikes! They sound like a different band from that album on IMO so I get that. They get soooo good though. That's my least fav.

12. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  13. Anticitizen7

Please be kind. Like actually kind though.

Yay!

beachdude42 and Davjs like this.
  14. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

I dig it! Nice change of pace.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I was shocked as hell listening to the new song. Wish I liked it but I don't at all :tear:

16. Davjs

Trusted

Its a nice happy song. I'm ready for them to get back to heavy though.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Hmm...that's an interesting song. Surprised they went that direction after the last album. Not a fan of the electronic drums.

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It sucks cause Renacer is by far, their best record to me. It was such a breath of fresh air and got me back into the band. They started picking up steam too after fading out (thanks to The Fire) and got signed to Pure Noise and I was ready for them to come out with an even better record that was going to put them back on top. Instead we got Thorns which just... lacked everything that made Renacer so great. I feel like they began to lose steam again but now with this nostalgic tour coming up- maybe Buddy can put out a record bridging the gap between Renacer and Still Searching in terms of sound?

Davjs likes this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ugh not stoked to hear that. I guess kudos to Buddy for stepping out of your comfort zone though.

20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Although I'm guessing he's referring to the next full length album since 'In Your Absence' is just an acoustic EP.

21. Davjs

Trusted

I agree completely, except for shit talking The Fire. Leave that awesome album alone.

js977 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The album would have been infinitely better if they cut out like 3 songs for something better (like "Ghost Town") and had better production like on Renacer. I actually love some songs off that record but coming from the Heath era to that was tough on the band and their fanbase did shrink some because of it.

23. Davjs

Trusted

I know, just giving you a hard time. We've talked plenty about The Fire in the past. Ghost Town def should have been on the album and my favorite B-side from them. The heavy tracks on the album are so good, I think them trying to have some older style sounding songs is what didn't work. I think it weeded out a lot of fans who didn't like the heaviness and prepped people for their best, Renacer. The Fire has some of my favorite songs by them though.

24. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

The new song is from the acoustic ep I'm guessing from the sound?

25. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

Agreed, better production and losing a couple duds would've made this a solid record for sure. It has a few songs that I still go back to often(Life boats and Coward especially)