Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail - What The Thunder Said, Hell Is In Your Head (2022?) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Still Searching > Fire > Life > Light > Thorns > Renacer

Don’t really know how to rank LIEY tbh

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I think my love for LIEY is half nostalgia/5 great songs.

Choke
    NJ Falls
    Title track
    Angela Baker
    Martini Kiss

I may have placed it too high though. LINAWR should be third and LIEY should be 4th.

3. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

LIEY is a lyrical disaster and I hope they do re record it with different lyrics

airik625 likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

LIEY rules

5. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Lyrics are awful, vocals are awful, songs are corny. Do not understand how that album is as beloved as it is

6. Anthony_

Place and time, really. Senses Fail was one of the first scene bands I got into and it was because of that album. First heard it in eighth grade at age 14.

NJPunkMusic likes this.
  7. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

It's crazy how Buddy turned his life around. He was not well liked on AP a decade ago

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  8. broken22

(:

I met Buddy a couple of times over the past couple years, and man I can't believe how nice and genuine he was. He's definitely changed for the good.

9. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Pretty sure the website trashed his vocals for years lol. I remember reading the album reviews and then the comments with how people reacted. It’s kind of funny in hindsight how poorly some artists were viewed back then. It wasn’t just Senses Fail. There were a ton of artists people on the Internet music boards didn’t like. Especially with MySpace giving artists a new way to blow up and gain a solid following prior to even playing a ton of shows and really putting the work in to make a name for themselves.

regarding this album... can buddy chill out on the album title lengths? I joke, but dang!! I hope it has some bangers. It was really cool to go to the FDTD tour and see people get legitimately hyped for Gold Jacket / New Jersey. The crowd was still dead for the Thorns song they played, but for those two they went off.

10. J12

Trusted Supporter

Intrigued by this. I liked Light a lot, but I don't revisit it often anymore.

As far as rankings go, I'm not sure what my order is outside of Thornes being dead last and Still Searching and LINAWR being at the top. Beyond Thornes simply not being my style, I think the lyrics are insanely corny. I can't even get through it.

11. sukottokairu

Regular

i've never really got into Senses Fail, but i checked out their newest album and i like it a lot, any suggestions of where i should head next from here?

12. broken22

(:

Still Searching and The Fire.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  13. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Only ever listened to LIEY when it first came out. Never got into anything else they did.

14. 333 GANG

ACAB

I think this band’s last record is their best record.

Kuri44 likes this.

15. I wonder who's on guitar duties this time.

16. broken22

(:

I don't think Gavin is recording.

17. sukottokairu

Regular

intrigued by the combo of drop A tuning but not a lot of screaming

after listening to the newest album and then moving backwards, i'm actually surprised how heavy they get on the previous two albums. they almost sound like every time i die on certain songs, which i wasn't expecting after mainly listening to the newest album and just knowing their old school singles haha.

18. zachmacD

Trusted

Hot take but my order is:

renacer
    PTTFYH
    The Fire
    Let It Enfold You
    Still Searching
    LINAWR

I can recognize SS as technically their best but i am just so sick of that record. Bone crusher and sick or sane are horrible. Can’t be saved and calling all cars have been played to death. I actually like LINAWR a lot and listen to it more than SS but it’s basically SS lite

I also hate the idea of there not being a lot of screaming on the new record. Love senses fail but I can’t listen to 40 minutes of buddy singing at this point. The only songs I revisit from if there’s a light... are elevator to the gallows any and title track

bd007h likes this.
  19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

New song clip currently on Buddy's Instagram.

20. 333 GANG

ACAB

Sounds okay, didn’t do a ton for me. Will need to hear more to properly judge.

21. Super excited to hear what Senses Fail are doing right now. Just put on Renacer today for the first time in a long time. Still has to be my favorite album from them by a mile. Renacer is fantastic front to back, blew me away when it first came out.

22. zachmacD

Trusted

Definitely. This album has the most replay value of any of them.

the beginning of Holy Mountain fires me up every time

latortuga and Christian Romero like this.
  23. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

24. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I am so down for this!!! That being said. Take anything buddy promises with a grain of salt

disambigujason and zachmacD like this.
  25. Anthony_

Buddy the King

zachmacD and The Black Parade like this.