Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Touring Next Year

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

That would be interesting for sure.

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  3. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I am hype for a tour and the EP recording

4. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Woah that would be awesome to see them re-record From the Depths of Dreams. Handguns and Second Chances will always be my favorite song of theirs. I wish more bands would so this just so we can hear what a modern take at a former version of themselves sounds like. Some records I'd like to hear re-recorded / reinterpreted:

1) Coheed and Cambria - Second Stage Turbine Blade
    2) Thrice - The Artist in the Ambulance
    3) Portugal. The Man - Waiter: "You Vultures!"
    4) Brand New - Deja Entendu
    5) Taking Back Sunday - Tell All Your Friends
    6) Saosin - Saosin (2006) but with Anthony on Vox

5. BTDandFeelingThis

I agree with all of these except 4.

Penguin likes this.
  6. robargarthan

Only reason I could see them needing to re-record the EP is for Buddy’s incredible screaming. Just don’t see this turning out well.

7. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Lol that was a very nice way to put it! I'm not saying i think re-recorded versions would be better, i just think it would be cool to hear how those bands would reinterpret the originals given their sound now is vastly different.

8. BTDandFeelingThis

I meant all of them except #4 lol my bad. I agree with all of the others. I just don’t want another release from #4

9. Ska Senanake

Trusted

Gotcha, and that is very fair.

10. I can't think of any re-recorded version of a song, or album, that I like that I've ended up listening to more than the original or liking more than the original.

That said, this EP has some pretty gross lyrics on it and should probably be retired, not re-done.

11. BTDandFeelingThis

I liked Silverstein’s 2015(?) re-recording Of Smashed Into Pieces more than the original.

12. Mikeydude91

Ocean Avenue's acoustic album?

13. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

Love this EP to death.

14. Definitely don’t listen to that more than the original. It’s good though.

15. Yeah, I was gonna say that this EP *could* work if Buddy rewrote some lyrics.

Saephon likes this.
  16. BTDandFeelingThis

Maybe he will. Following buddy on twitter he’s a lot more socially conscious now and has pointed out his past mistakes in writIng. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he did

17. Tylar

Ehh I mean that’s cool for people who love their first ep but idc. I hope they play some stuff off Renacer and PTTFYH on that tour. I was bummed when they completely abandoned that sound on their latest album, which was pretty good but yeah

18. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

I was just thinking the same thing. Doesn't Buddy hate playing songs like 187? Its a solid EP but definitely would be a bit interesting to see him re-record these lyrics.

Saephon likes this.
  19. Dog Fish

Mutt

Twin Fantasy?

20. chilllll

Regular

yea i always thought deja entendu could get at least a remaster. but all their records are a bit quieter (more dynamic) then other albums

21. moura

Regular

What about the songs like Sit & Sink and Justified when the Graduate re-did them for Anhedonia? ...though, that could be more seen as Horror Show being more of a "demo" than a first release.

22. Yeah I think when it’s within a few years to put on a new album it makes much more sense and that usually works. Second version of “Hit or Miss” is way better.

moura likes this.
  23. Saephon

Regular

This topic has me remembering that Anberlin re-recorded "Feel Good Drag" and got huge mainstream radio success the second time around, but the original is wayyyy better.

moura likes this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The Fire and Renacer is where it’s at IMO. I’m glad Buddy is getting some success with the new record but this whole thing is just total regression to me.

Tylar and Saephon like this.
  25. eboo

Pretty sure it is just to get the rights back (i.e. to put the ep back in print in cd and vinyl) much like reel big fish etc.