Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Recording With Beau Burchell • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jul 4, 2017.

1. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Didn't like the last album, and along with LIEY it's my least favourite of their albums, but at this point they've earned my trust and I'll listen to anything they put out at least a couple of times.

Renacer is a good gym album though. Used to have that, Gallows' Grey Britain, and Turnstile's Non Stop Feeling on heavy rotation.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. rxbandit89

probably over-caffeinated. Supporter

I thought be played in Open Hand?

3. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Whether it's Instagram or Twitter Buddy will usually reply to fans questions about the band and most recently the new album. Hard to keep up on for sure.

4. Davjs

Trusted

Now that a heavier SF is out the window for this album, I think there is still a chance of the poppier songs sounding good. The EP songs (minus War Paint) were all lighter but good, and same with songs like Hold On and Garden State.

That being said, man I've always thought they excelled with heavier stuff..........

5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah Thorns was pretty underwhelming but Renacer is the best record for the gym!

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Like a very long time ago, I think he did. I'm talking post-Saosin though.

7. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I love Renacer and Grey Britain, so apparently I need to check out that Turnstile record

8. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I think it's funny that Buddy uses the "good place" excuse for why it isn't heavier sounding. Dude made such a big deal about being in a much better place around Renacer, and he tried to spin it as heavy music with positive and hopeful lyrical content. He's always going back and forth. I hope this album is great, but my favorite songs by SF are the heavier ones off of Waiting Room / Fire, so it's pretty clear to me what sound I enjoy most from this band and it's the one they're avoiding right now.

johnnyferris likes this.
  9. Larry David

I agree, he made it seem like Senses Fail was a heavy band now with positive lyrics. He also said that Bayonet was no longer needed because of that reason. I'm guessing the nostalgia that came back during the Still Searching tour had to have been the motivation behind it.

10. Davjs

Trusted

So...........Bayonet can come back now?

11. robargarthan

I thought he started Speak The Truth specifically to revisit that older sound. Definitely not stoked for this record now since I was way into their last two heavier albums.

Davjs likes this.
  12. zachmacD

Trusted

Oh god, I hope this is better than that. I thought those two songs were atrocious

13. MikeC18

Renacer and PTTFYH are the only two albums I like from this band. I consider Senses Fail one of my favorite bands even though I only like 2 of their albums, so that should say how good those two albums are.

14. Davjs

Trusted

Do you not like any other album as a whole, or not like any songs from other albums? If you like the heavier stuff, I think you'd like Lifeboats, Lungs like Gallows, New Years Eve, War Paint and Irish Eyes for earlier albums.

mattylikesfilms and MikeC18 like this.
  15. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Stoked!

16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I fuck with Coward, Lifeboats, and Warpaint all day every day.

Davjs likes this.
  17. Bass0820

Apparently the lyrics are gonna be like The Fire, which I thought were probably some of his best lyrics. So that's definitely something to look forward to

js977, mattylikesfilms and Davjs like this.
  18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Renacer is his best IMO but The Fire is probably second for me so that's cool.

Davjs likes this.
  19. silentc

Regular

According to Senses Fail if you like Through Being Cool (Saves the Day), Bleed American (Jimmy Eat World) and Tell All Your Friends (TBS) you will like the new album because it will be similar to those and the sound of the album is more Blackout, Fireworks at Dawn and Yellow Angeles and its being recorded as a 3 piece

20. Larry David

Those three songs are great, and I definitely like that side of Senses Fail. I'm very interested/scared for the record though.

21. Davjs

Trusted

Same, those songs are great but those songs were written by great musicians. The 3 piece part lets me think this is going to be another Thrones situation where the music wont be that engaging.

22. Larry David

I hope not, but I definitely do have that fear, as well. Also not sure how I feel about an entire album with those type of songs.

mattylikesfilms and Davjs like this.
  23. Larry David

24. Bass0820

Wasn't Buddy getting back to writing with Dan and/or Garrett a few months back? What ever happened to that?

25. Larry David

That's a really good question. I remember that!