Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail - If There Is Light It Will Find You (February 16th, 2018) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Sep 27, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Told you

2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Yes you did and you were right!

how you feeling this morning

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

This morning is okay last night was awful I woke up at 7pm and was not doing well. Just took some excedren and I should be good to go. I only got 3 hours of sleep tho so we will see how I do around lunch time

skurt and JediMasterKevo182 like this.
  4. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

This album is fantastic

5. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I think First Breath, Last Breath is my favourite, very personal and powerful song. Lyrics are great, vocal delivery is awesome.

6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The guitar at the very start of "You Get So Alone At Times That It Just Makes Sense" is the exact same as the beginning of War Paint lol

7. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Really dig this. I didn't believe anything Buddy was saying when he was talking about this being the best SF record/being a mix of SS and LIEF but he basically hit it on the spot

8. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I think the new album is pretty alright. But I fell into the "Renancer/Pull the Thorns" group of SF fandom.

9. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I really enjoyed Renacer, but just did not lot like Pull The Thorns at all.

Frenzyofdeceit and skurt like this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Gonna spin this on my drive home. Hyped to finally listen.

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.
  11. devenstonow

Noobie

me in 2017

>>whatever, senses fail will never release good music again

me in 2018

>>fuck, senses fail released an insanely good album.

Really though, this is a shockingly good album

12. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

The best song is "Stay What You Are" solely because I am the worlds biggest Saves the Day fan.

13. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

From a Billboard interview that just came out:

"Almost a decade ago our main songwriter [guitarist Garrett Zablocki] left the band. This will be our third record since he left, and I think we’ve finally figured out what Senses Fail should really be -- kinda like when your parents get divorced and you’re trying to be a functional adolescent and you finally figure out you can stand on your own two feet.

The last two records are awesome. I worked really hard on them and I really appreciate them, but I don’t know if they were Senses Fail. I’ve been trying to find my version of Senses Fail, the version that brings the two together so there’s no, “Oh, there’s Buddy and there’s Senses Fail, and there’s this.” Now, there’s really no difference between me and Senses Fail, since I’m now the main and only member and songwriter. I am Senses Fail and Senses Fail is me."

14. I wonder if Garrett still does music. I think he'd really fill out the sound on this record if he rejoined. But I'm feeling very meh about the record in general so maybe I'm just cynical, haha

15. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

The album is alright, but it’s missing a big part of what made the early music so great. Memorable riffs have kind of been erased from most albums I’ve listened to from artists in this spectrum of music. This album is solid, I am more than happy with it from them, but I doubt i’ll Be listening to it in a couple of months.

Also, what’s with him turning one syllable words into 3 syllable words now? That drove me insane about the Speak The Truth album and it carried over to this one! Lol.

16. airik625

The title track is definitely my favorite.

Nate_Johnson and Frenzyofdeceit like this.
  17. slimfenix182

Such a great closer.

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think there are some real nice riffs on this record

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  19. slimfenix182

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. While I love Thorns, the music mostly felt like background music to Buddy's lyrics on that album. There's definitely some nice riffs on this album.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  20. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

My first reaction: underwhelmed. I was always very much a pre-Renacer SF fan, and really did not like anything off of Renacer or Thorns. So when he said this album would sound like LIEY and SS I was super excited. And while he fulfilled that promise and basically gave me what I was asking for, it’s basically a sound that he already nailed better with those two records.

So I guess idk what I want out of Senses Fail at this point. Maybe I just need to give this more listens to settle in.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I think this is better than those albums

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  22. slimfenix182

I listened to LIEY last night and lyrically there's enough to drag that down for me to like this more. Buddy has just become such a better writer than he was on that album. No way I could put it above Still Searching or Renacer for me yet. Easily love it more than Thorns, The Fire or Waiting Room though.

Nate_Johnson and Frenzyofdeceit like this.
  23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Loved my first listen. The sound of Senses Fail has definitey been drifting in many directions since the Fire, but I knew an album like this would most likely happen if Buddy wanted to sustain the band. I’ll always have Renacer and Thorns though

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  24. airik625

I hardly ever listen to Let It Enfold You anymore. A lot of the lyrics are cringeworthy. I didn’t care when it was first released when I was 16. Doubt they will ever top Still Searching, but they have a lot of really good albums.

25. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I have listened to this album 3 times today and I can safely say i fucking love this album

Frenzyofdeceit likes this.