Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail - If There Is Light It Will Find You (February 16th, 2018) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Sep 27, 2017.

1. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

It almost adds something to it haha

2. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

I genuinely enjoy this record. I’m not a huge fan of this band, actually I haven’t listened to anything since waiting room. But I’m gonna revisit their other albums now.

There are some major cringe worthy lyrics here for sure but the music is so much fun I find myself not really caring

3. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

yeah I'm not expecting Buddy's lyrics to blow me away or anything, but I don't listen to Senses Fail for the lyrical content anyhow.

beachdude42 and teebs41 like this.
  4. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

I feel like the not amazing lyrics fit this albums music really well though.

beachdude42, js977 and teebs41 like this.
  5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea in a really weird unexpected way, I’ve almost come to like the overtop silliness of some of the lyrics. It just feels so carefree, which is also weird since it seems he cared a lot about making sure a lot of people like the record. Seems like it has worked though and they’ve picked up some steam, can’t wait to hear the rest.

6. waterloobeam

Regular

Buddy always does a good job expressing his emotions and this record is another example of that. Sure, some lyrics are silly, but it seems musicians write more straightforward lyrics as they get older

slimfenix182 likes this.
  7. Rawrz

Regular

That title track is outstanding

8. I like this album and don't like it all at the same time. As in, I find myself wanting to listen to it but not always loving it when I do. Renacer and Still Searching will always be the peak for me with this band, but it's nice to hear Buddy again. And, yeah, that title track is definitely the best thing on here.

9. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

this is out there in full quality

airik625 likes this.
  10. Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully the better quality will improve my opinion of the album!

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  11. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

On my first listen!

12. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Elevator to the Gallows = Lungs like Gallows pt 2?

13. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Buddy wasn't lying when he said they album would sound like it belonged in between LIEY and Still Searching.

Larry David likes this.
  14. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

Honestly, this quote alone is the reason why I'm now going to give this a listen.

15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Wasn't crazy about New Jersey Makes at first but goddamn it's catchy as fuck. Chorus is in my head all the time. All three have been super catchy. I'm really excited to hear the whole album.

teebs41 likes this.
  16. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

The album is insanely catchy lol you’ll definitely enjoy it. Track 2 is my favorite

17. just hit play on this.

Nate_Johnson likes this.
  18. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

On first listen, this is pretty boring and not very good.

19. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Whilst mostly simple, some of Buddy's lyrics on the album are his best yet imo.

Nate_Johnson and slimfenix182 like this.
  20. CheapPop

Regular

Just giving this a listen now on Spotify, and man I'm enjoying it so far. Loved all 3 singles.

I loved the newer album/sound, but I also dig the went back to their roots a bit. This just sounds like a fun album, even though some of the lyrics say otherwise lol. But I'm halfway through and so far so good.

Nate_Johnson and airik625 like this.
  21. review should be live tomorrow

teebs41, JediMasterKevo182 and skurt like this.
  22. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Welp I instantly love this album

23. Ed59_

Regular

Yeah, this album is great. Orlando and a Miscarriage & the title track are my favourites from first-listen. Some pretty heavy topics covered but a really fun listen.

24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I’m about midway through my first listen and I’m enjoying the hell out of this. Sooo much better than Pull The Thorns From Your Heart. I think the vinyl is out for delivery today. Was able to order one of the /300 variants without gettjng the bundle.

25. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

This is such a damn good album. Just finished my first spin of the album and I love it. Initial first favorites are Double Cross, Elevator To The Gallows, First Breath Last Breath, Ancient Gods, Shaking Hands, And If There Is Light It Will find you