Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail - If There Is Light It Will Find You (February 16th, 2018) Album • Page 15

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Sep 27, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Anyone know where I can find the demos for this album? Apparently they were released on a cassette.

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Still waiting to hear about The Fire being re-released. I love that record so much and the only thing that holds it back is the shit production.

airik625 and parkerxcore like this.
  3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

It's such a good record.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It always battles Renacer for the top spot in their Discography ranking for me.

SaveTheEarth likes this.
  5. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I’m annoyed because he hyped up this tour as including the fire (song) and they ended up playing it once and I’m pretty sure removed it the next show. I don’t know why it’s so difficult to just include one song from every record in a set list.

6. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

The most recent setlist has it on there but that was last week I guess

7. mattylikesfilms Sep 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 23, 2019)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

That does suck. I don't really plan on seeing Senses Fail on tour ever again unless they're co-headlining with someone I really want to see or they put out another heavy as hell record.. which I doubt will happen at this point.

Buddy has pretty much focused on playing the singles and going in a poppier direction, which is totally in his right and I get it man - you have a kid now, but I don't want to hear "Calling All Cars". I want to hear "Courage of the Knife" or "Headed West".

Obviously, I am in the minority, and most fans want the opposite. Senses Fail is having a resurgence so I am stoked for Buddy and co. but the new stuff just ain't for me. It's fine because I have seen them live so many times during so many eras so I am content but it does suck for fans who want to see them play "deep cuts".

zachmacD likes this.
  8. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

See I never got to see a majority of From the Depths of Dreams live as a kiddo so I'm stoked for this tour but I understand where you're coming from. I feel that way with a lot of bands now from this scene. I'm over the same songs over and over and I'm ready for the cuts/new shit to be played.

9. zachmacD Sep 23, 2019
    (Last edited: Sep 24, 2019)
    zachmacD

Trusted

I’m in the same boat. I am going to this tour but it’s to see the ep plus hopefully wounds and the fire. LINAWR to pttfyh is my favorite part of their discography. Just total self hatred and insecurity to a bad ass record like renacer then all the self acceptance that was thorns. I know you don’t like PTTFYH as a whole but I’d take that record any day over the newest one

10. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Oh dude - I absolutely agree with you on all of this. I would rather have a record like Thorns over the last record. I’m really happy for Buddy and I know his personal connection to the record but it’s just so regressive. I only like New Jersey Makes.. and You Get So Alone at Times.. from that entire record lol

zachmacD likes this.
  11. zachmacD

Trusted

I think you’ll be surprised with the next one. It seems like it’ll have a war paint/wounds feel to it. At least, that’s what he alluded to on Twitter. He also said the record after renacer was going to explore the sounds of closure/rebirth and that couldn’t have been further from the truth except for wounds. I feel like that style is their sweet spot. Buddy cannot sing well enough to sing a whole album and I know he isn’t going to do another heavy record. I also hope we get something more positive lyrically.

I understand almost losing his wife was traumatic and I can’t even imagine what it would be like to go through that, but that’s the thing. I can’t imagine that and I just could not relate to the lyrical content at all and I hope I never do. That plus all the weird things he did vocally added up to be a total miss for me.

12. 333 GANG

ACAB

Their last record was my favorite of theirs to date, still listen to it on the regular, so I’ll be a little bummed if the next one is a big leap away from that sound.

Mustache_Band and zachmacD like this.
  13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I remember him saying that about the follow up to Renacer and I was like YESSSSSS BRING IT... but he did not. That’s what really bummed me out.

However, I still much prefer Thorns over Light. I gave it a listen on a long walk last night cause of our convo and man... it’s just not that good. I can’t stress that enough and I know I have probably 100 times now on this site but... come on. Songs like Green Jacket are cringe and other songs just bore me.

I would be happy if Buddy put another Bayonet EP like he confirmed like 2 years ago.

zachmacD likes this.
  14. zachmacD

Trusted

I’m glad you like it man! Senses Fail has been my favorite band since I was 13 (I’m 28 now) so it bums me out that I can’t get into it. As long as they keep making music, I’m sure there will be songs here and there that I enjoy.

333 GANG likes this.
  15. zachmacD

Trusted

Agree on all points. Did you enjoy the acoustic ep or the rerelease of FTDOD?

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

Whatever direction they take, very excited to hear whatever they put out next!

zachmacD likes this.
  17. 333 GANG

ACAB

Speaking of which, I wonder if the next record will still be called “Hell is in My Head” like Buddy suggested a while back?

18. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Acoustic EP not really but I did like the re-recorded versions of “Bloody Romance”, “Free fall without a parachute”, and “Handguns and Second Chances”. Did I think it was necessary? Not really. I would have much rather gotten a re-recorded version of The Fire because 1) duh and 2) I think there’s more creativity that could be tapped into those songs vs the songs on their debut EP yanno?

zachmacD likes this.
  19. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I’ve never heard of that but that’s a pretty damn good title tbh

20. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I wish they'd play more off of this album except the same 3 or 4 songs. Its a great record that's a lot of fun, but they play the weaker tracks off of it which is a shame.

21. zachmacD

Trusted

yeah, i didn't really like the ep except for Jets to Peru. Also, another acoustic version of Lost and Found was completely unnecessary and it doesn't compare to the one on the Still Searching Deluxe edition.

I'm enjoying the re-release of the ep though. It's weird. Between Still Searching coming out and the end of Warped '06, they played like 4 shows across the country in really small rooms including the North Star bar (RIP) here in Philly. They opened with Steven and closed with 187 and I remember wishing they would re-record the EP since he was so much better at screaming and singing compared to the EP. It's crazy to me that it actually happened even though it took 13 years.

However, that show was the last time I saw them before he had nose surgery and when I saw them a couple months later on the Still Searching tour, it was immediately noticeable that his voice had changed and not for the better.It's pretty crazy that correcting a deviated septum would impact his singing that much

22. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah, I remember seeing them after that too and feeling like Buddy sounded slightly different so that makes total sense now. I've seen SF during like every album/EP cycle minus The Fire cycle (which I heavily regret) and the newest album cycle so I definitely can think back to how Buddy's voice over the years.

Side note: any venues in Philly you would recommend checking out? Gonna be visiting in a few weeks and trying to find a show to hit up while I'm out there.

zachmacD likes this.
  23. 333 GANG

ACAB

He says it in this interview, but who knows if it will stand. I do like that title a lot, though.

zachmacD and mattylikesfilms like this.
  24. zachmacD

Trusted

Yeah dude!

The Fillmore (The Fillmore also has a tiny venue upstairs called the Foundry. I’ve seen The Dangerous Summer and Lydia there.) and Union Transfer are my favorites. Not a bad view at either but Union transfer has like 3 bars so it’s never a long wait to grab a drink (I’m actually seeing Senses Fail at Union Transfer next Tuesday). I think both or those are like 2000-2500 cap

Franklin Music Hall (formerly the Electric Factory) is awesome and the biggest of the three (3000 cap I think)

The TLA on South Street is also a lot of fun. You also can see from pretty much anywhere and it’s near penn’s landing so there’s a bunch of stuff to do around there. I think that venues cap is 1000

I hope this helps. Honestly though dude, Philly has so many venues and a lot of them are among the best in the country.

I’m going to Vegas 10/24-28 but if you find a show, lmk!

25. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

DB70782F-0F09-40D5-A6F8-B1D982041723.jpeg 66D151F9-4412-4D6A-923D-81F2B86FCA18.jpeg

disambigujason, skurt and 333 GANG like this.