Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail - If There Is Light It Will Find You (February 16th, 2018) Album • Page 13

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Sep 27, 2017.

1. broken22

(:

True that. In that case I'd do the same thing.

2. zachmacD

Trusted

He doesn't have to split the proceeds from music sales/streams or whatever he makes from touring and merch sales. I assume he just pays the hired musicians a set wage where as he gets the commissions

3. zachmacD

Trusted

Renacer legitimately changed my life and I'm convinced I started listening to Senses Fail when I was 13 so that I'd hear Renacer at one of the darkest times in my life. The same goes for PTTFYH and while I would love another heavy record, I appreciate what those albums did for me enough to want whatever's best for Buddy and the band even if I no longer love their music. Also, Idk that any of their records could ever do what those two albums did for me. Basically, I totally agree but Idk how impactful another album like Renacer would be. JMO

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  4. broken22

(:

I forget what his name is but the guy playing rhythm guitar now has been in the band for a while now.

5. zachmacD

Trusted

I'm confused by what your point is. I'm going solely off of an interview Buddy gave a couple of months ago. As far as what the interview stated, he's still a hired gun. Dan Trapp played on the newest album as well and I assume Buddy paid both of them for their time without them being members of the band.

6. broken22

(:

I'm not making a point, I was just saying I'm kind of surprised of how long he's been in the band considering the rotation of members.

zachmacD likes this.
  7. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Dude we are the exact same on Renacer. That record came at the perfect and darkest time of my life which helped me more than I can even articulate on a message board. I love that record so much and will forever appreciate it. I feel the same about The Fire (a record I initially hated) now as well.

zachmacD and johnnyferris like this.
  8. broken22

(:

The Fire has so many great chourses on it.

9. zachmacD

Trusted

My bad dude. I apologize for my tone. And I agree, the other bassist has been with them for a while as well. Gavin switched to guitar from bass when Matt left and they brought on that new bassist

10. zachmacD

Trusted

That's great to hear man. I agree with the Fire as well. I never really understood what safehouse was about until I started pulling myself out of that place. I hope Buddy writes another record that hits me the way their previous music has. I have a playlist of the fire, renacer, and pttfyh that I throw on when I need a good kick in the ass

11. broken22

(:

It's all good man. Gavin is his name I knew I knew it ha. But yeah, this line up sounds great live ! Steve is a killer drummer, Jason Black was my favorite bass player thoug

zachmacD and johnnyferris like this.
  12. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

The guy playing bass now (think his name is Greg) was teching for the band during the Matt/Zach years. I remember seeing him around then and I think he might have filled in before Zach stopped playing with the band

Lineup looks great right now, but Renacer era was my favorite

zachmacD and mattylikesfilms like this.
  13. broken22

(:

They have an announcement today, it's probably Warped Tour.

14. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

they tweeted something like "what if we tour with Say Anything"

on a related note: I think I remember reading an article a long time ago about how Buddy and Max were both being treated in the same mental hospital or being given the same drugs or something. I'll have to go back and see if I can't find it.

15. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

What songs from Thorns do you throw on? I never really got into that record aside from “The Importance of The Moment...”, “Dying Words”, and “The Three Marks of Existence”.

zachmacD likes this.
  16. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

It really does. I can’t believe I hated the record for yearsssss but now I love it. My favorite songs are even the lighter ones like “Safehouse”, “Landslide”, and “Heading West”. I would dig the new record more if it was poppy in that sense.

zachmacD likes this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

The Fire and Renacer are great records for the gym. Just saying.

disambigujason and zachmacD like this.
  18. broken22

(:

I thought I was the only person that loved Landslide !

mattylikesfilms and zachmacD like this.
  19. johnnyferris

Landslide is my favorite Fire track as well

20. zachmacD

Trusted

Those plus “wounds” “take refuge” “pttfyh” “we are returning home”. I love “surrender” too tbh. The record is definitely hard to swallow at first but having it in a mix helped me digest it. I’d say it’s tied for me with the fire but the lyrical content is what really helped me get into. The first time I heard wounds I was driving home from the gym through valley forge park and the sun was setting during the spring time and I honestly felt like my depression was on its way out for good. To the point that tears ran down my face. To this day it’s one of the best moments of my life so I have an appreciation for that record that I understand other don’t. I hope that didn’t come off douchey

21. zachmacD

Trusted

Great song. I honestly don’t think there’s a bad song on that record

broken22 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  22. zachmacD

Trusted

I was kind of annoyed when I saw that Matt and Zach left but the first show I saw Greg (if that’s his name) play with Sf was their tour with Bayside and they were incredible. At this point, I trust buddy to pick these guys

23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Not at all man- that’s a beautiful thing to hear. *Internet high five*

zachmacD likes this.
  24. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I would say my top track on Fire is Heading West with Landslide and Coward being tied for second.

25. johnnyferris

I didn’t go to a show on that tour, but IIRC he played on the Silverstein coheadliner right before and that was one of my favorite SF sets I’ve seen.

Buddy’s shown he can get guys with the pedigree (Jason Black, Heath, Matt) and the relatively unknowns like this current lineup and make it work perfectly.

zachmacD likes this.