Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail - If There Is Light It Will Find You (February 16th, 2018) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by airik625, Sep 27, 2017.

1. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

A long way away.

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Even though I’m not excited at all about this record- I am stoked to see Dan back!

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Posting what I said in the SF thread:

Renacer is easily their best record in my eyes. I was so stoked for Thorns until I heard it and then I was immediately let down. The problem is Buddy tried to become the hardcore influences he has and wrote all the guitar parts himself which is just... not the best idea when you had amazing ax men like Matt Smith and Zac Roach at your disposal.

It sucks to look back on because it seems like everything was stacked to be a triumphant resurgence for SF. Renacer was beyond amazing and breathed new life into a dying band, they had an incredible line up, they signed to Pure Noise, and they were building a new fan base which was MUCH needed... then Thorns came out and a lot of the hype died. Now Buddy is trying to bring back the old Senses Fail sound and I couldn’t cringe any hard if I even wanted to.

This record is for sure going to be worse. The clips alone sound worse than all of Thorns.

skurt likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

5. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

6. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

The single is good, not great. It's a pretty typical sounding Senses Fail single. Won't base my expectations off of this song alone

skurt likes this.
  7. skurt

I enjoyed it well enough, I love the album art.

8. skurt

[​IMG]

9. skurt

Tracklist:
    1. Double Cross
    2. Elevator To The Gallows
    3. New Jersey Makes, The World Takes
    4. Gold Jacket, Green Jacket…
    5. First Breath, Last Breath
    6. Ancient Gods
    7. Is It Gonna Be The Year?
    8. “You Get So Alone At Times That It Just Makes Sense"
    9. Orlando And A Miscarriage
    10. Shaking Hands
    11. Stay What You Are
    12. If There Is Light, It Will Find You

10. airik625

Is that the album art or just the artwork for the single? I like it. As for the song, it’s alright.

Nate_Johnson and skurt like this.
  11. skurt

I'm assuming album cover as the pre-order page uses it as the image for all the physical mockups.

Double Cross is just using a close up of the skeleton mask.

12. airik625

Cool. Even though I’m not confident this album will be that good, probably still going to preorder the vinyl. Still need a copy of The Fire, Renacer, and Life Is Not A Waiting Room.

beachdude42 and skurt like this.
  13. skurt

Renacer is their best album.

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Wow. I actually really like this a lot. His voice sounds a lot better than on the Speak The Truth songs.

That intro guitar riff is so pop-punky haha.

beachdude42, js977 and skurt like this.
  15. oldboot

Regular

Big fan of this. I loved The Fire, perhaps my favorite album of theirs. Hoping this sounds like something in that vein. Already pre-ordered a copy, can't wait for February!

16. CAC3

Dog

Big time return to the old Senses Fail sound. I prefer this style more than what they have done on the most recent albums, so I enjoyed the track. Looking forward to getting my hands on this album.

beachdude42, Anthony_ and skurt like this.
  17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

chorus is average but i love the rest of the song. album art is great too. this is easily one of my most anticipated.

beachdude42, skurt and Larry David like this.
  18. Ed59_

Regular

I was not a fan of the newer SF stuff so this is a welcome return for me. Reminds me of Life Is Not a Waiting Room which is my favourite by a long shot.

beachdude42, oldboot and skurt like this.
  19. Kevin_MI

Agreed.

This is how I feel. Pretty average overall, but I'm super excited for this album.

beachdude42, js977 and skurt like this.
  20. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I fuck with this.

21. airik625

Still Seaeching just means so much to me. I do really think it is the best album. Not one weak track (every other record has at least one). Very consistent. Blends incredibly catchy tunes with the vintage screaming harder Senses Fail we all love with.

22. JaytotheGee

Trusted Prestigious

Wow this is great

23. As a huge fan of pop punk and old Senses Fail I am not very happy with this song. That chorus is one of the worst I've heard in a while, almost nothing catchy about it. The riff is boring, and the verses are passable. Artwork is decent though.

At least I've got Renacer?

skurt likes this.
  24. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Old Senses Fail sound still rips, love love love that Buddy is going back to it. Could not be happier about this.

25. airik625

"Double Cross" is really growing on me after a few more listens.

Nate_Johnson, beachdude42 and skurt like this.