Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail/ Hot Mulligan/ Yours Truly (From Depths Of Dreams tour) Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by The Black Parade, Jun 4, 2019.

1. josh-

Twitter: @joshcaraballin

We get about 40% of tours in Indy, being geographically close to Chicago definitely takes away a lot. It’s not super fair, Chicago is a 4 hour drive with traffic from Indianapolis, making it hard for shows. Cincinnati and Louisville are 2 hours away, but they rarely get anything worth traveling for. We do get shows, but it’s typically one-offs and B market tour packages.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  2. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I feel your pain here in Nashville

3. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I’m in the center of OC, so if it’s Anaheim, Santa Ana, or Irvine, then I’m in

4. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

This.

I'm finding myself really liking Yours Truly after never hearing them before.

5. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I’m in Anaheim and Chain is 5 minutes from my house. But branching out and consistently going out to LA for shows in the last few years has been really fulfilling. I’ve even made the occasional trip to San Diego for some shows and I recently did a Fresno trip in November for a This Will Destroy You show.

It’s a nice privelige living here when it comes to shows, but traveling those further distances has been quite fun for me.

Brent likes this.
  6. BTDandFeelingThis

Oh yeah I checked out their EP and it’s great

7. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

Just scored my ticket to the Chain show. Can’t wait! Was super bummed I had to miss Senses at the HOB back in January because I was out of state, but this is gonna be so much better. It’s gonna be a grad time

johnnyferris likes this.
  8. zachmacD

Trusted

Buddy said on twitter that they will be playing the EP, hits, b-sides, and some acoustic songs. It'll be their longest set ever clocking in at almost 2 hours

9. BTDandFeelingThis

YES. So glad I got them tickets.

By bsides he needs to mean Stretch Your Legs

parkerxcore, zachmacD and Davjs like this.
  10. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

They played that on the SS tour. I'm hoping we finally get Saint Anthony and Holy Mountain.

11. zachmacD

Trusted

I hope he means bastard son but idk how that will sound live all these years later. He also mentioned on a podcast recently that one of his favorite songs by them is Champagne. That would be super cool to hear live as well

parkerxcore likes this.
  12. anewhope

Regular

Holy Mountain has been played before. They even played it for an entire tour when they opened for bayside

Definitely wouldn't mind it being played again and in fact Buddy included it in a potential setlist for this upcoming tour

Davjs likes this.
  13. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

champagne is such a banger

14. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Snagged my Chain ticket. I will regret it the next day at work but whatever I'm only 28, right?

15. stonecoldnimrod

Trusted

i'll be at the houston date fo sho.
    really want to see yours truly.

16. BTDandFeelingThis

17. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Jesus the lead singer of YT really sounds like Hayley, huh?

Edit: I dig this. Sounds like a modern version of AWKIF.

18. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Yours Truly is very cool

koryoreo and SmithBerryCrunch like this.
  19. BTDandFeelingThis

Yeah I’ve been digging their ep from this year a lot

disambigujason likes this.
  20. My band has played with Yours Truly a few times over here in Aus, definitely check them out if you're going to the tour. Mikaila is an amazing performer, and they're all great people too.

studskalny and The Black Parade like this.
  21. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Wonder how many people that never heard em before are gonna be taken by surprise when they hear the Hot Mulligan guy start singing. Easily one of the worst singers today even though I do like them haha

22. Really? He was great both times I've seen them. Second time he was really sick. I'm going to this tour and leaving after their set haha

23. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I’m wondering if the comment was referring to the vocalist’s singing ability in the first place / how he sounds in general... not just in a live setting. The reason I can’t get into HM is because of how annoying the vocals are most of the time. Not my stuff. It’s funny though- years ago people complained a lot about how Buddy’s voice sounded.

JaggySnake83 likes this.
  24. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, it's an issue for me too. He sounds like a 5 year old kid having a tantrum because his mom won't buy him ice cream.

Fortunately the band is amazing live and his stage presence is great so it makes up for it.

25. Yeah his voice isn't for everyone. I'm into it, though.