Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Fall Headliner Tour • Page 3

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by zachmacD, Jun 3, 2019.

1. zachmacD

Trusted

Complain obviously lol. Obviously it’s just my opinion but they should’ve at least kept Bastard Son in the setlist. If you say you’re going to play the ep, play it

withchappedlips likes this.
  2. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Pittsburgh was a really good time tonight!! Naturally, like they always do- the song I was most looking forward to was removed tonight, but my god it was fun. They played the EP, Institutionalized, Choke on This, and a bunch of songs I have seen them play multiple times the past 2 years. The title track from their latest album acoustic as well. Crowd was fun, I’ll spend my money to see them again!

zachmacD likes this.
  3. zachmacD

Trusted

Agreed! Great show. What song were you looking to hearing? Besides Bastard Son, mine was Warpaint.

4. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

The Fire for me. Warpaint they played on the amity affliction tour and I thought it sounded really cool. I love that they swap songs in and out throughout their tours but it always ends up not being for my personal benefit lol.

zachmacD likes this.
  5. zachmacD

Trusted

Ah, they played The Fire at our show but they dropped something else and added can’t be saved. I know that’s one of their biggest songs but I’d be ok never hearing that or calling all cars again.

6. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Looks like they have officially removed Wounds now. Glad I got to see that song. It’s literally the EP + Institutionalized, and basically a list of songs they’d play regularly.
    With that being said, maybe they’ll add some songs back in, but it seems a little misleading now looking back.

7. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

To this day it shocks me that can’t be saved is a staple/fan favorite/closer. I like it fine but it’s such a boring song compared to almost every other SF song lol

8. sam_might_say

“Damn son, where’d you find this?”

I mean... it IS their most well-known song...

9. fluffyjdawg

Regular

So the only reason I went to this was to hear blackout and wounds because buddy posted they were playing both on Instagram. And Detroit’s date didn’t get either... To add insult to injury they let the crowd vote for the fire or blackout during the encore and the fire won lol. If there is light, it will find you was awesome and it was still a fun show, but damn, don’t advertise you’re playing certain songs if you’re not.

withchappedlips and zachmacD like this.
  10. zachmacD

Trusted

I had a great time but they cater to the crowd too much. Pick the songs that you’re going to play and own it. Steve Carey (the drummer) said he was learning Four Years for the tour and that was never played. I want to believe that they will play all the albums in 2022 like Buddy said but they will have to play small rooms for albums like LINAWR, The fire, and PTTFYH and I just don’t know if he can deal with the criticism of playing those albums in full.

They were supposed to play the full ep and cut bastard son after all of the hype. I love these guys but the whole thing is kind of annoying

11. zachmacD Oct 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2019)
    zachmacD

Trusted

it is but they can skip it one time. It’s annoying that they post extensively about playing rare songs and just because some fans don’t read, they go back on their word and add in songs that they regularly play while dropping the advertised “rare” songs. I mentioned this above but they had shirts made for Blackout and American Death but dropped those songs after fan criticism.

12. fluffyjdawg Oct 4, 2019
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2019)
    fluffyjdawg

Regular

Agreed. I think Buddy is afraid of losing fans again like the PTTFYH days. They don’t seem interested in playing anything the whole crowd won’t go nuts for. But I thought this tour was supposed to be for the old school fans who want to hear the ep and deep cuts they advertised playing? Not sure what they were expecting when not everyone went crazy for wounds and blackout lol.

zachmacD likes this.
  13. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I feel like the Southern California shows will get a nice representation of the deep cuts, but it does suck to hear them cutting those out.

The crowd still paid to be there. I’d rather watch them up there having fun playing the songs they want to play even if it means the crowd may not know all of the words.

zachmacD likes this.
  14. zachmacD

Trusted

8ED3400A-6D09-47AF-AA3C-3493A1DEC957.jpeg

Not really sure what he means by this. Maybe he thought more fans wanted to hear these songs (wounds, four years, the fire, etc.) then they actually did.

I just hope we get another record at least

15. sam_might_say

I thought that post was strange. Not the “laying the songs to rest” bit, but the fact that they’re taking that long of a break now? I could’ve sworn Buddy mentioned that they were working on a new album already

zachmacD likes this.
  16. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Maybe they have some support opportunities lined up in the new year?

tyler2tall and zachmacD like this.
  17. zachmacD

Trusted

That would be cool. The setlists on the sum 41 and bayside tours were awesome since they weren’t catering to their fans.

Buddy also mentioned at the philly show that they would be back next summer.

18. zachmacD

Trusted

Yeah someone mentioned the remastering of the fire on twitter and he said they were going to release a new album before that’s released

SF has been my favorite band since 2004 but you have to take what Buddy says with a grain of salt. None of their albums have ever sounded like they said they would. I’m also still waiting on the documentary he was thinking about making. I’m pretty sure he mentioned that around The Fire and that never happened

19. sam_might_say

Not to mention the infamous Senses Fail/Say Anything tour that was supposed to go down last fall

johnnyferris and zachmacD like this.
  20. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

That's more on SA than SF lol

21. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I could see senses fail on Sad Summer Fest

22. zachmacD

Trusted

I’m happy that didn’t happen. I honestly hate it when bands who are past their peak do coheadliners. Sometimes it’s cool, but I went to the Senses Fail/Silverstein coheadliner and it was awkward. The venue was like half empty and I couldn’t stop thinking how I had seen Senses Fail basically sell out that same venue

23. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

That’s one where you can’t blame Buddy at all. Max went off the rails leading to the cancellation, and it worked out because I guarantee you that Amity Affliction tour they were on sold better than the SA tour would have anyway.

I am remaining hopeful that SF does a discography run so I have a chance to see more songs from that Waiting Room/Fire/Renacer timeframe, but even that I take with a grain of salt from him.

zachmacD likes this.
  24. Cmoney86

Trusted

Senses sail won’t be doing any headline shows till 2021 they are spending next year recording this will be the last time till then to catch them headlining source their Twitter last night

25. sam_might_say

Oh absolutely. But Buddy was teasing the ever-living fuck out of the tour all summer and then it didn’t end up happening lol

tyler2tall likes this.