Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Fall Headliner Tour • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by zachmacD, Jun 3, 2019.

1. zachmacD

Trusted

The re-recorded ep is out today! I'm really enjoying it so far. Nothing groundbreaking but it's fun

Brent likes this.
  2. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

I'm a bit disappointed. It's like they stripped all the magic out of it. It sounds like another band doing covers, too.

Brent likes this.
  3. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I agree. I've only ever been into this band casually, but FTDOD was nostalgic to me so I was planning on checking this tour out. May skip it now based off the re-recording.

4. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Bloody Romance has always gone off live though

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  5. Tyler Williams

Lunch_Tray625

I'm so pumped for Tuesday! They posted on twitter a while back that the few dates before Riot Fest might be getting to hear LIEY in full also so that makes my conflicts for next weekend an easier choice!

6. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

I don't get the critiscim. I think the songs sound great as someone who liked the EP but didnt love it. These songs sound huge and the updated lyrics are much appreciated!

zachmacD likes this.
  7. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I'm confused as to why they changed the line in "Bastard Son" but left the one about shooting a 5 year old in the head in "Freefall".

zachmacD likes this.
  8. zachmacD

Trusted

Agreed. The songs sound great

9. zachmacD

Trusted

I always thought he wasn’t condoning that behavior but speaking to how fucked he is in the head after the breakup

10. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I mean, sure - but he changed the Bastard Son Line because he’s a father now and left the other one about shooting a kid. It’s just a weird choice and seems like with that reasoning, change them both. It’s obviously his song and I’m not one for censoring art or whatever but I don’t get changing one and not the (in my opinion more offensive) other.

11. mynamesgeneric

Regular

lol "it sounds like a cover band". That first EP sounded like shit, don't let nostalgia blind you.

theasteriskera and koryoreo like this.
  12. riotspray

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think it sounds like a cover band, but the charm of the original is gone with the new one. Just my opinion.

JaggySnake83 likes this.
  13. Sethiscope

Anybody get the setlist?

14. Cmoney86

Trusted

The played American death

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  15. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

They said they would do Institutionalized too on this tour

16. Tyler Williams

Lunch_Tray625

Anyone ever find out if they ended up playing LIEY in El Paso? I'm going tomorrow night and I'm hoping they play it!

17. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I saw a setlist on an insta story but cannot find it now. They started with the EP, then played choke on this, NJ falls into the Atlantic, I want to say martini kiss and then one more- I know they played 4. Then they played Blackout, a couple others they hyped up (American death being one I believe) can’t be saved, and bite to break skin. In total, you’re looking at 18~ songs from that night ... if they went by the setlist posted.

Tyler Williams likes this.
  18. Tyler Williams

Lunch_Tray625

Well, I can't be mad about that! Seems like a legit setlist! Thanks for the info!

19. y2jayjk

Trusted Prestigious

Seems like an awesome setlist I might need to go

20. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I think we’ll get some other songs once they’ve played the Riot Fest set

21. Cmoney86

Trusted

i hope the let it unfold you day includes American death

22. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

hopefully tonight's show isn't cancelled/rescheduled due to tropical storm imelda.

23. zachmacD

Trusted

My show is tomorrow and I'm pretty stoked. I'm hoping we get Wounds, The Fire, and Warpaint

Also, in one of SF's most recent Instagram stories, Buddy was talking about Free Fall... and he said the 5 year old is actually him. The dream really happened and the whole ep, specifically this song, is about the loss of innocence which makes sense. If Bastard Son is historically accurate, then that's when his dad left.

24. zachmacD

Trusted

Awesome show last night but they didn't play Bastard Son which was disappointing. They re-recorded the ep, specifically that song, added it to the ep giving it a proper release, and made a video for it but then they didn't play it.

They also didn't play Blackout or American Death but had t-shirts for both of those songs. Kind of odd

25. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I think the twitter account took backlash / the fans at the shows weren’t really as into the shows as they had hoped for, so they kept in the singles that they now consider deep cuts because they don’t really play them, but are starting to also play Calling All Cars, for example. Idk, they probably should keep those specific songs in the set because of the t-shirt designs, but what can ya do?

zachmacD likes this.