Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail / Counterparts / Movements / Like Pacific Tour • Page 10

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by kidinthebushes, Nov 15, 2016.

1. joe.boy.fresh.

Trusted

Unless sets start at 7

kidinthebushes likes this.
  2. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's true. I'll call the venue tomorrow and ask about set times.

3. Saephon

Regular

SF tweeted a bit ago that they go on at 9:30 tonight in Chicago. I'm cautiously excited, given how hit or miss Buddy can be live. But the response to this tour has been overwhelmingly positive from what I've seen.

4. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Thank you! One of my teammates can't make it so I have to play in a basketball game at 6:45 in the suburbs and then head into the city. I called the venue earlier but they didn't know set times yet.

5. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Buddy sounded fine in Michigan on Saturday night. There's small gripes that you could pick at, like singing certain lines in a different way than they were created on record (likely because he knows he couldn't do what he did during the recording) but in terms of just how he sounded as a vocalist, it was fine. It wasn't their best performance I've ever seen, but it was a good time.

I think this full album tour kind of reiterates for me just how tired I am of full album tours. I have so much more fun seeing just about any band in their regular setting than I do seeing them play full albums. Senses Fail specifically has 6 albums worth of quality music, but they end up ignoring 3 of them during this tour, and that's kind of unfortunate. I realize they marketed it as "playing Still Searching in full", but they also market it as a "15 year celebration" which kind of implies that they'd try to include music spanning their entire career.

Cgarnsay likes this.
  6. marsvoltamcr

Trusted

Buddy sounded like crap at my date of Warped Tour 2015, but there's just as good of a possibility that was the sound guy's fault. Warped sound is so hit or miss.

7. zachmacD

Trusted

I feel the same way. I started to get bored halfway through Still Searching since I've seen so many of those songs live already. The last half was cool b/c I hadn't heard a lot of those songs live before but I didn't think this show was nearly as fun as the LIEY tour. It might also be that these songs just don't really resonate with me anymore. After this show, I decided I'm going to start being a lot more selective with the shows I go to.

8. steven2480

One of the guys in pentimento is touring with SF, providing 3 harmony vocals off stage while being guitar tech.

9. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Buddy said that the new SF album will sound like a record in between Still Searching and Let It Enfold You.

10. Grato

Regular

yeah I hate that

johnnyferris likes this.
  11. Cmoney86

Trusted

That's been news for about a week now. Story is on alt press somewhere and I think it was said somewhere on here but idr where

12. Cmoney86

Trusted

Like pacific counterparts and senses fail killed it. Movements put me to sleep

13. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it was definitely the singer. He was having a blast though, cool to see him still doing stuff I guess.

14. natefoundglory

Trusted Supporter

Great show. Also, 'Still Searching' is superrrr fucking top-heavy, and the stretch of songs between "All the Best Cowboys" and "Bite to Break Skin " was grueling.

15. kidinthebushes

Trusted

I wonder how much longer Senses Fail/Buddy will be around. He mentioned his wife who has MS is pregnant. That has to be tough.

16. zachmacD

Trusted

I think this might end up being the last album. Especially if it isn't received well

17. kidinthebushes

Trusted

That's what I think too. They've already done LIEY and SS tours. Those were their two biggest albums.

18. zachmacD

Trusted

I personally don't need another album from them. I would've been satisfied with Renacer being the last album then PTTFYH came out and that album really fucked me up emotionally. All of their albums have come out at a time I really needed them whether I knew it or not. With that said, I'd love one last album to wrap everything up as sort of a summary of the band and the journey Buddy's been on.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  19. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

I knew he had a pregnant wife, had no idea she had MS. I was recently diagnosed with it, so I've wondered if it made pregnancy more difficult. Hopefully all goes well, although I will be sad if this is the last album.

20. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

My sister and I have bonded over the years with this band, so it was cool to finally see them last Tuesday with her.

i had a really good time. I haven't been to a show in a while and I forgot about how much shared consciousness is a helluva drug. Even got a Daddy Issues shirt.

21. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

Went to this last night and it was a blast! Like Pacific was solid and a perfect way for the night to open. Movements were great and really got the crowd going. I could see that band blowing up after Warped this summer. Counterparts was a good, fun set. I don't usually enjoy hardcore, but the band slays and the crowd was very active.

I was honestly surprised at how amazing Buddy and the whole band sounded last night. The band might be full of hired hands at this point, but they still had tons of energy and Buddy has become a terrific frontman. The entire band looked like they were having a lot of fun and Buddy'a stage banter is a lot better these days. The crowd ate up the entire set and was far crazier than I expected. A nostalgic sounding Senses Fail record at this point is a very smart idea because I think this tour revitalized their fan base a little bit, even if it's temporary.

22. Jax2017

I recorded a pretty good video of the final song if you wanna check it out

js977 and tyramail like this.
  23. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

LA show coming up Friday. This crept up very fast on me

24. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I have tickets for Mayday Parade that day, and I had tickets for the Saturday after at The Observatory, but now they're playing that damn festival. I'm genuinely bummed I won't see this album played front-to-back.

25. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

I originally had tickets for the Observatory show as well. Bummer you won't be able to make it out.