Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail Announce New Album

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 6, 2021.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Senses Fail will release their new album, Hell is In Your Head, on July 15th. Today they’ve shared “I’m Sorry I’m Leaving.”

Track Listing

1. The Burial of The Dead
    2. End of the World/A Game Of Chess
    3. The Fire Sermon
    4. I Am Error
    5. Death by Water
    6. What The Thunder Said
    7. Miles To Go
    8. Lush Rimbaugh
    9. Hell Is In Your Head
    10. I’m Sorry I’m Leaving
    11. Grow Away From Me
    more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

July 15th? Hot damn.

Analog Drummer likes this.
  3. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Yeah I don’t understand why we need an 11 month rollout and actually could be called a year a half if we go back to when Lush was released. They just came off of a successful tour, we’ve got 3 singles already, makes no sense

Paul Gurski and Analog Drummer like this.
  4. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I don't see why it can't digitally be released in say... March, and have the physical release be in July. I get there's delays with vinyl right now, so it seem acceptable.

5. WasteSomeTime

Regular

Yeah I understand the vinyl delay but this isn’t a band that even with vinyl sales counted will chart in the first week. Just odd to me

Paul Gurski likes this.
  6. CMilliken

Trusted

JULY?!?!?! Holy crap!

Analog Drummer likes this.
  7. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

11 months? It's November... July is 9 month aways.

8. Allthegiganticthings

Regular

Song rips.

9. cosmickid

Composer, but never composed.

i don't understand why everyone is so confused about artists wanting their physical and digital releases to be simultaneous

10. WasteSomeTime

Regular

The first real single from the album was released in August. Also you could date the rollout back to last February when Lush Rim actually came out. That’s where I I get 11 months was the single from August with a music video and such

Analog Drummer and Brent like this.
  11. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Oh I completely understand it. I just don’t like big long rollouts. I’m being completely selfish with it.

CMilliken, cosmickid and Pepetito like this.
  12. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Plus, if there's uncertainty about vinyl demand, you can actually get more pressings done should your presale go better than intended

13. paythetab

Chorus.FM Album Reviewer (Adam Grundy) Supporter

Haha I hear ya...I reached out to the band's publicist about an interview and they recommended waiting until closer til the album release. :teethsmile:They did share that they're really excited for everyone to hear the entire record before making snap judgements on the single (whether good or bad).

14. I was reading an article about the vinyl shortage today. Here's a quote that blew my mind from it:
    “If you miss your album street date by three or four months, it can reduce your vinyl sales to 30-40% of what they otherwise would have been.”
    Essentially, spreading out digital and physical releases could cause loss of interest, and because of that, loss of revenue. I don't blame any band for sitting on a record right now. Especially after how hard it has been for musicians to make money during the pandemic.

LessThanTrevor likes this.
  15. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Things I didn’t even think about. I need to educate myself before I speak selfishly. I’m excited to hear the album.

16. I'm stoked for it too! Sorry if I came off as lecture-y.

17. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

Not at all! I feel educated and I totally get the delay and reasoning for not having things spread out physically and digitally.

18. silentc

Regular

I see they went back to the original name for the album

19. christsizedshoes Nov 8, 2021
    (Last edited: Nov 8, 2021)
    christsizedshoes

Trusted

I've got a turntable just like the next guy, but this vinyl fad (yes, I stand by that term) is quickly turning into a nightmare.

Vinyl is cool to collect and, on paper, a reasonable way to support bands as a direct reward for releasing good records in a Spotified world. But now suddenly every band who cares about business has to sit on perfectly good music for a year that could be released tomorrow in objectively superior audio quality. This is dumb.

Allthegiganticthings likes this.
  20. KyleK

I mean, we're well past a decade now of vinyl growth - at what point is it no longer a fad and simply the last remaining form of physical music to rule them all?

Album release dates have always been business decisions though, the difference is (a lot of) bands are a bit more self-sufficient nowadays with their decisions and are having to make these choices influenced by vinyl availability dates rather than the choices of label marketing departments.

HarrisonMonopoly likes this.
  21. christsizedshoes

Trusted

Yeah, that's all true. It's just frustrating cuz I suspect many fans getting vinyl have bought into the myth that it's better "quality" than CD or equivalent digital files. The industry and even some bands have pushed this, understandably, to drive sales of the more profitable physical medium. If these pressing issues get worse and last for years to come, that's all going to backfire badly.

22. KyleK

I mean, I doubt you're going to find a fan out there who hasn't been exposed to both vinyl and digital listening, and they can hear for themselves how each sound. I can't really envision a future in which those same listeners 5 years from now suddenly hear the music differently and feel cheated or lied to.

Now having said that, I think people in their own time will evaluate whether they it's worth continuing to invest the money and space to collecting it, as I know I do occassionally now that my collection is over 300, recently bought a house, and with the lifestyle of being a father (and husband to a wife who doesn't enjoy punk, post-hardcore, metal, etc.) I don't listen to it nearly as much as I used to or would like to. Although that still didn't stop me from buying Shad, Every Time I Die, Brian Fallon and Bad Books records the other day...