Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail – “New Jersey Makes, The World Takes”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

kwilcox likes this.
  2. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

My favorite of the new songs but I don't love it as much as their older stuff. It doesn't feel completely right though, almost like a Senses Fail cover band or something. I don't know.

3. Stevangelion

We Can (Not) Make It Alone.

Fuuuuuck me! This is SO good! It feels like old Senses Fail, but something is missing. I love it though, absolutely love it.

4. Saephon

Regular

I'm a long time fan of SF and have enjoyed every record in some capacity, but I have to say that there's something really forced and off-putting with the flow of Buddy's lyrics since going back to "pop-punk/emo" music. Sometimes he tries to stretch words for too long, and it sounds really bad :( Speak The Truth had this issue too.

mattylikesfilms, Brent and zachmacD like this.
  5. SFguitar

Regular

These songs are kinda bland. A lot of the guitar parts seem pretty generic and I think with Buddy writing everything, the full album will be the same. Garrett and Heath added a lot to this band.

Also, the production on these songs kinda sucks.

6. zachmacD

Trusted

The second song released was cool but this and the first song sound very similar. As others have mentioned, these songs are pretty bland

7. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

Enjoyed this way more than the other two tracks they've released from the new album.

8. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

0/3 now. This is such regression and it’s a bummer to hear. I knew I wasn’t getting anything as heavy as Renacer (their best record by a landslide IMO) but I hoped this would at least have something cool instrumentally. Everything from guitars to drums sound so... generic and uninspired.

Saephon and Bryan Diem like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

This.

ramomcferno likes this.
  10. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like it a lot. 3/3 don’t get the hate

SamLevi11, kwilcox, oldboot and 2 others like this.
  11. CheapPop

Regular

3 for 3 for me as well. And I had no problem with he last 2 records, but I'm happy to hear them go back to their roots.

12. robargarthan

I’m totally with you. Also seems so strange to me to do Speak The Truth and then this record when they sound so similar.

mattylikesfilms and Saephon like this.
  13. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

[​IMG]

j0hnnyrt, Bryan Diem and sophos34 like this.
  14. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Don't really like the song much at all, but it's interesting they're back to the pop-punk thing.

15. Bass0820

As much as I love this band, they’re in such a weird spot right now in their career. These songs are sounding like everything they’ve already done before. Like there is no new ground being broken for them like it was with Renacer. It’s basically a big step backwards.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  16. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

all these songs sound exactly the same

Bryan Diem likes this.
  17. Bryan Diem

Trusted

Remember their old pop punk music that was awesome? Yeah this is not that.

I always liked the jersey adage though, people take that place for granted so much

ramomcferno and mattylikesfilms like this.
  18. TJ Wells

Trusted Prestigious

Lol these song titles are ridiculous

19. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

ITs not that ridiculous. See above. It’s a very prominent piece of New Jersey and they are... a New Jersey band

SamLevi11 and ramomcferno like this.
  20. I love this album a lot and my interview with Buddy (which will go live next week) touches a lot on how he approached writing this album

21. Saephon

Regular

Cool, that makes me feel better a bit. Looking forward to reading it, Buddy has always seemed like a good guy.

ramomcferno likes this.
  22. SFguitar

Regular

Does the interview include him mentioning writing all the guitar parts for this album in 5 minutes?

LOL

Bryan Diem likes this.
  23. mattylikesfilms Feb 2, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 2, 2018)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Renacer does endless laps around this material. Everything from production, to the musicianship, to ESPECIALLY the lyrics- it’s just better. The lyrics on Renacer are so inspiring and thoughtful. I wish, if anything, the lyrics here could be just as great.

Exactly. When I heard about the musical direction Buddy was taking, I was massively let down, but I figured maybe it could be cool in it’s own way.... it aint. Like.. it’s hard for me to even finish a song.

I feel slightly bad for laughing but like... you’re not wrong for saying that lol

ramomcferno likes this.
  24. RileyWitiw

more like absolutepop.net Supporter

Every once in a while I'll throw on Still Searching, and damn Buddy can write hooks. But where they at? These new ones got killer verses and letdown choruses. Kills me.

25. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

How to not be an ass on the internet

How to be an ass

SamLevi11, kwilcox, Saephon and 2 others like this.