Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail – “In Your Absence”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Glad to hear they moved past their hardcore phase

3. Ummm...I think this might be the most "00's emo" thing I've heard in a long while.

4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

They didn't. This is from an acoustic EP.

5. Bayside 182

Wolverine Supporter

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  6. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

shaping up to be a great EP

7. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

My exact thoughts lol

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Why is that a dream? Isn't Renacer their best album by miles?

9. chcougar1

Trusted

10. robargarthan

0/3 for me so far. I much prefer them in their hardcore phase.

11. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

Makes me feel like a teenager again.

12. steve187

i like it. i'm a fan of the hardcore stuff but i'll definitely always prefer the softer buddy stuff

13. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Still think The Fire is their best album but this was very enjoyable. Don't think they can put a foot wrong.

14. ballroomtrance

Regular

I fucking agree. What a criminally underrated album.

15. Davjs

Trusted

Yay, Fire love :-)

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

The fire isn't my favorite but it's far and away their most under appreciated. No bad song on there and plenty of career highlights.

17. aniafc

Trusted

Definitely an unpopular opinion haha. I don't think it's bad, but I do enjoy it more than most people seem to. Their hardcore phase is good in it's own sense, but I always will prefer their older style probably.

18. The Fire is great, but Renacer is the band's peak for me. This acoustic EP is not hitting me right at all though, I haven't enjoyed any of the songs released off of it. He doesn't really have the voice for this acoustic pop stuff.

Davjs likes this.
  19. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Love this

20. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

I think the biggest issue with that album for some people is the production. I loved the writing, composition, sound, and structure of that album, but the production/mixing was an absolute letdown for me. I'm able to look past it and enjoy the record for what it is, but I'd do anything for that record to be reproduced/remixed.

21. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I finally realized what a solid album it is about a year ago. Every time a song popped up on shuffle I was throwing the album on.

22. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

New Years Eve, Landslide and Lifeboats might be my top 3 songs from them so it's bound to be my favourite.

Davjs likes this.
  23. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Actually he said the next record will sound like their first two lps

24. Max_123

Nope. Prestigious

I couldn't even make it through ONE listen of The Fire because the production is just so laughably bad. It's been years now so maybe i'll revist it again one day

25. euphguapo

It's absolutely horrendous production. Shame cause it could have been great.