Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail – “Gold Jacket, Green Jacket” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hmmm. I would've been all over this in 2005-2007.

SoundwaveUproar likes this.
  3. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I like it enough. The lyrics are kinda dumb. I think he could've gotten his point across better than he did.

Kaduck likes this.
  4. Kaduck

Regular

My thoughts exactly. Song is fun, that’s for sure.

5. oneeightytwo

Regular

Fun song.

Album’s gonna be a good listen.

6. Bonesaw

Collide

Can't wait for this album.

7. GetUpAndrew

Constant horror and bone-deep dissatisfaction.

I'm diggin' this more than 'Double Cross', but still I'm not excited for this record as much as I wanted to be.

8. zachmacD

Trusted

That was so much better than Double cross. I was bummed about them moving away from the heavier sound but I really enjoyed that

9. shawnhyphenray

Regular

So so so excited

10. therookielot

Punk, Absolute Prestigious

That’s the sound he intended so get in your fucking time machine pal.

The lyrics are honest and to the point. It’s punk rock. What the frick u want a bunch of pretentious metaphors or something

11. j0nnymarrzbar

Regular

Dont dig the lyrics (only 'cause Renacer + Thorns were really great lyrically) but i see what Buddy is going for i guess.

therookielot likes this.
  12. Gen Handley

Regular

This is one of my favs on the new album - glad they did a video.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  13. zachmacD

Trusted

I'm assuming you've heard the whole thing. If you have, what're your thoughts?

14. Cody

itsgrocer.bandcamp.com Prestigious

wow what a bad song. also v bad label

15. Saephon

Regular

I feel like I'm not supposed to like this, but I fucking do. The lyrics may be a bit juvenile, but damn if there aren't a ton of people my age who can relate.

oldboot likes this.
  16. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

LOL this sounds like slightly angrier Good Charlotte from 2004.

Fun though, makes me want to check out the album at least.

Off topic, is SF pretty much solo Buddy with hired gun musicians at this point?

17. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

That was weird! ;d I think I'll enjoy the album, but it's quite odd to me he goes back to that kind of sound, right after he puts out the side project debut, which sounds pretty similar, and after 2 LPs, which went into a really interesting direction.

18. Saephon

Regular

Don't quote me on this, but I think Buddy said he's looking into furthering the heavy/hardcore direction by reviving his old project Bayonet.

I still think Renacer is my favorite SF album since Still Searching. Hope he can write a record like that one again, whether it's SF or Bayonet or whatever you want to call it.

19. SFguitar

Regular

Yeah, it's been pretty much just Buddy for a few years now.

20. Gen Handley

Regular

It's really good - I bought the vinyl right after. I spoke to Buddy about the new album and the healing and the love behind the songs are really inspiring. It's very much a return to the poppy SF from older albums.

21. Haha, great Happy Gilmore reference.

Gold jacket, Green jacket, who gives a shit?