Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Senses Fail – “Double Cross” • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Nov 30, 2017.

1. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Buddy just clarified on twitter he's bringing back bayonet.

Attached Files:

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  2. ibanez966

The main article is broken for me

Song is awesome; catchy as hell

3. zachmacD

Trusted

Ugh. Heavy senses fail was so much better than bayonet

4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

So check this out- I asked Buddy on his FB if he would ever revisit Bayonet and he said “actually, I was planning on bringing it back since Senses Fail is going a different route musically”. Then a day later he put up a status saying they are back on Bayonet’s FB profile. I am hyped!

js977 and SuNDaYSTaR like this.
  5. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I expected something along the lines of Life is Not A Waiting Room.

This is just cringey for me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

As much as I love Bayonet (and I really do)- I would pay a large sum to have the lineup for Renacer come back and do a proper follow up. That was their peak (musically and lyrically) in my eyes.

However if heavy SF is dead, and it looks like it is, I’ll take Bayonet. It’s better than nothing!

zachmacD likes this.
  7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Fair enough. I really enjoyed LINAWR.

8. mattylikesfilms Dec 1, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 1, 2017)
    mattylikesfilms

Trusted

There’s a few fillers on it but some of the best SF jams as well (that aren’t “heavy”) so I was hoping for that.

This record was 100% written by Buddy so now knowing that- I know to not expect anything but that I probably won’t enjoy any new SF moving forward.

9. SFguitar

Regular

Still Searching is so much better than LINAWR. LINAWR and The Fire also have pretty bad production for some reason.

js977 and slimfenix182 like this.
  10. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

I love The Fire but if it had better production it'd be incredible. I almost wish they'd re-record it.

js977 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  11. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

It's ok, nothing special but it's ok. Then again I'm firmly in the heavier Senses Fail camp for sure - the last two albums have become my favourites.

I'll still listen to the album though.

zachmacD likes this.
  12. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Imagine if they re-recorded it with Shaun Lopez.... would be stellar.

13. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Really enjoyed this song. It reminds me of the Fire. I loved the heavy stuff the band did, but I'll always have those records to go back to.

If anyone has forgotten Dan Trapp tracked drums for the record

14. zachmacD

Trusted

As much as I love SF, I don’t believe anything Buddy says. When renacer came out, buddy said he was going to go all in on the Closure/rebirth sound then he made pttfyh and there were 1 maybe two songs like that. Then he went all in labeling sf queer hardcore and now there’s no screaming. I’m just hoping this album is good enough that they keep going. Hopefully the next album he combines both sounds and we get something similar to warpaint.

js977 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  15. zachmacD

Trusted

Same here. I mentioned this already but I hated the speak the truth singles then actually really enjoyed the full record so I’m hoping I enjoy this album when it drops. Not as much as the best sf though

16. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

Song is great. I was worried about Buddy's vision for this, but I really like how it is turning out based on this song. Some of the sounds I heard from his instagram story were cringey, but this one is good. I am just glad he's moving away from the Thorns sound. I loved Renacer, but Thorns was so, so, so not for me.

17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Yeah I remember all of that. I LOVE Closure/Rebirth so I was so pumped for Pull The Thorns... then I heard the record and was immediately let down. I listened to it again yesterday and it’s not awful.. it’s just not great either. I then revisited The Fire and it’s really great. It could be Renacer levels of incredible with Lopez production.

Oh well. I pretty much have given up on SF moving forward and will just appreciate/love Renacer.

zachmacD likes this.
  18. Dust Of Fallen Rome

Regular

I'm only half sold on Speak The Truth to be honest. I haven't listened to it all yet but I don't know if I will because it just did nothing for me.

19. zachmacD

Trusted

The fire is fantastic. I’d say that’s tied with pttfyh for my second favorite album of there’s. And yeah, an album similar closure/rebirth would’ve been amazing. It would’ve kept them sounding relevant and would’ve satisfied older fans. But I agree. I have a playlist composed of songs from linawr, the fire, renacer, and thorns. That’ll have to hold me over

20. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

senses fail bracket????

after reading these comments you realize how underappreciatedly (not a word) diverse their catalogue is

zachmacD and slimfenix182 like this.
  21. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

You know I'd be down lol

js977 likes this.
  22. zachmacD

Trusted

I’m down

js977 likes this.
  23. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I guess I’m a n00b since I don’t know how brackets work :tear:

Anyone care to explain?

24. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Yea man, very simple.
    Basically we just go album by album, arranging the songs into a bracket/tournament and just vote for the best song in rounds. Best songs from each album go to a playoff.

25. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Ahhhhh thanks dude!

Also; yeah I’m down too.

js977 likes this.