Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Sense8 (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by airik625, Dec 3, 2016.

1. airik625 Dec 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 3, 2016)
    airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I thought there was a thread for this show already. If there is, then just delete this one and merge post if possible.

I enjoyed the first season. It started to get a little a little stale for me towards the end of the first season. I'll come back for season 2 though to see what happens. Curious about that xmas special though.

2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I really need to catch up on this before S2. People I trust are saying it's fantastic.

3. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Nice! I quite enjoyed the first season, cool that we're getting an Xmas special so soon

4. irthesteve

5. JimCantore

I am definitely excited for this!

6. Sweet. Always down for more Sense8.

7. irthesteve

Looks great

8. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Binged this a week or so back. Looking forward to more.

9. xkaylinh Dec 23, 2016
    (Last edited: Dec 23, 2016)
    Christmas Special was fun. Most of the sensates' storylines didn't progress very much, but Kala's and Capheus' stood out as being particularly stagnant, and Riley's individual storyline sort of disappeared all together in support of Will's. On the other hand, Nomi's and especially Lito's were very satisfying emotionally. Aside from Will's, which is at this point the most conjoined with the main storyline of the show, Sun's and Wolfgang's hold the most potential moving forward into season 2.

Even though it shows up as episode 2.1 on Netflix, I think this functions more like an essential sort of connective tissue between the seasons. Not much happens, as the stories hardly move forward, but there are a few really fulfilling emotional payoffs, and, of course, there are corny dance party/orgy/montage sequences thrown in. Seriously, this is probably the only show I've seen that can get away with doing the ridiculous things it does, because its optimism in these scenes feels so sincere.

New Capheus actor has a more stoic vibe to him, just as I'd feared, but maybe that'll play into where they take his story in the coming season.

10. irthesteve

I enjoyed it! It's a hard show to take a break from and jump right back into, spent a lot of the beginning part remembering what happened/how things work. Some really great scenes, the birthday party/dance celebration in particular, and nice to see the characters again. I had no idea Capheus had to replace actors, I was super confused.

Either way, ready for the next season to officially start, was cool to have an in between story

11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Joe and ghostedaway like this.
  12. manoverboard365

Trusted

I loved the first season, but they waited too damn long to bring it back. I've forgotten everything already.

13. ^Same. I really liked the first season but can't remember a lot of it. It's also probably because I watch too much shit.

14. The Christmas special was a pretty good refresher.

15. Ahh, I forgot about that. Never actually got around to watching it.

16. irthesteve

It's worth it, nice little standalone special

18. airik625

Neither did I. I guess I'll try and do that before I start the second season.

19. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I never watched the Christmas special and feel like I barely remember what happened in the first season. I'm really glad there's more but it'll have to wait until I can carve out a chunk of time to get through the first season again.

20. airik625

Anyone watched any of the second season yet?

21. irthesteve

I won't be able to for a few weeks, but I am excited for it

22. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Halfway through. Stronger all around thus far. Plot finally doesn't feel glacial. The worldbuilding has been great, too, in the expansion of the mythos.

23. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Finished it. Some amazing emotional beats in the second half of the season. Kinda curious that they didn't turn the final twenty or so minutes of the finale into a proper episode 12 by itself.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

I think the new season topped the first for me. I wish Amanita was a Sensate.

25. tucah

not champ Prestigious