Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Semi-Charmed Bracket (Third Eye Blind) Bracket • Page 39

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by GEM37, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Blinded

GEM37 likes this.
  2. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

GEM37, currytheword and bachna84 like this.
  3. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

KidLightning and GEM37 like this.
  4. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Blinded

GEM37 likes this.
  5. Maverick

Trusted

Blinded is far from being the best 3eb song but still enjoy better then motorcycle.

Whalejaw and GEM37 like this.
  6. GEM37

She haunts the roads

And after all is said and done, the Official Best Third Eye Blind Song Of All Time (on chorus.fm) is...

MOTORCYCLE DRIVE-BY

But we all know the real winner is “Can’t Get Away.”

Final Total
    ———————

Blinded - 7
    Motorcycle Drive-By - 10

Thank you everybody for participating! You all made it a joy to come into this everyday!

...even if @KidLightning wins this thread for Most Wrong Opinions.

Enjoy your weekend!

7. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Jdaniels, Larry David and bachna84 like this.
  8. Maverick

Trusted

Thanks @GEM37! Appreciate your work in putting this together every single night for the past month!

9. vidiviciveni

Trusted

Those are my actual 2 favorite 3eb songs so neato

10. currytheword

Trusted

MDB is sick. Excellent win.

11. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Just the facts.

GEM37, Mr. Serotonin and bachna84 like this.
  12. DesolateEarth

Birb

I still maintain that MDB is good but not their best.

Fun bracket regardless!

GEM37 and Whalejaw like this.
  13. currytheword Nov 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 18, 2018)
    currytheword

Trusted

If it weren't MDB, it would've/should've been something off that album. No knocks on their later discography, but that album is a Milestone in mainstream American music.

14. GEM37 Nov 18, 2018
    (Last edited: Nov 19, 2018)
    GEM37

She haunts the roads

Some Fun Facts About This Bracket!

- This thread lasted for 40 days, consisted of 964 posts, and contains no less than 563 votes!

- Only two songs went without a single vote - “Burning Man” and “Self-Righteous.” (“Kiss Goodnight” and “Heroin,” being early versions of other songs, no longer count.)

- I did not have to break a single tie!

- @vidiviciveni ’s post about Charlize Theron on the previous page is fucking golden and deserves more likes.

- @KidLightning is still wrong except when I agree with him.

- Y’all are awesome!

I made a playlist of our winners for easy reference. Looking forward to seeing some of you in the Counting Crows bracket soon!

bachna84, Maverick, Jdaniels and 2 others like this.
  15. Jdaniels

Regular

Burning Man was a victim of matchup. Wouldn't have won, but it's a damn good song.

16. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Burnin' man is great

bachna84, GEM37 and SlappinCups like this.
  17. GEM37 Nov 6, 2019
    (Last edited: Nov 6, 2019)
    GEM37

She haunts the roads

Starting 11/11

I wish you would step back from that ledge, my friend, and participate in...

Semi-Charmed Bracket: REDUX

Find that something else to get you through your own semi-charmed kind of life by coming back and casting more votes for Jimmy Eat World's least favorite 90's pop-rock band!

Drive by on your motorcycle and get your chance to vote on...

- Screamer!
    -
    Covers!
    - Remixed and Revamped B-Sides Bracket!

And if things go sufficiently well and interest is there, we can retool and return to...

- Wild Card Bracket
    - Championship Bracket

Whether you're a have or a have-not, pull up a cot and grab yourself some tater tots while we lose a whole year remember the stupid things like mood rings, bracelets, beads, nickels, dimes, yours, mine, etc.

Rules coming soon.

Tell a friend...

18. GEM37

She haunts the roads

Just a refresher post on the rules before we start voting on Monday...

THE RULES

- Rounds will be open for voting on weekdays for 24 hours, from roughly midnight PST to midnight the following day. On weekends, rounds will be open for 48 hours, all through Saturday and Sunday.

- You may only vote ONCE per round. If you vote, you must vote for ALL matchups in a given round, and you must have LISTENED to each of the songs in competition. Evidence that you have not listened to a song or are intentionally attempting to sway votes will disqualify your vote.

- Your vote will be counted once I have liked your post. You may adjust your votes anytime before that, but not after - once your post is liked, that's what's being counted.

- Feel free to talk trash, but please, always do so with obvious humor and goodwill. If shit gets heated, somebody's getting banned.

- Last and Not Least: Listen to Third Eye Blind and Have Fun!!

bachna84 and Jdaniels like this.
  19. GEM37

She haunts the roads

A reminder that this starts tomorrow. Also an opportunity to go over submission rules for...

B-SIDES AND COVERS

Last time around, I forwent covers and gathered B-Sides from a very limited list. This time, I've expanded what I'm covering, but I also know 3EB have recorded a lot of songs, and I may not have everything. I'm open to taking submissions from folks, but I only ask one thing...

- Any b-side or cover submitted MUST have released in some official capacity - 3EB have a ton of unofficially released recordings and demos, and to try to vote on them is neither practical nor reflective of a finished product. 'Official capacity' means it's either available through a licensed streaming service like Spotift/Apple Music (a la "If There Ever Was a Time") or is provably linked to some sort of official release, like a soundtrack/compilation/single (a la "New Girl.") No YouTube videos of unreleased demos, please.

For easy reference, the songs I plan to include in each bracket are listed below...

B-Sides

My Time in Exile
    Tattoo of the Sun
    Non-Dairy Creamer
    Red Star
    Scattered
    Alright Caroline
    Horror Show
    If There Ever Was a Time
    New Girl
    One of Those Christmas Days

Covers

Mine
    Fuck Forever
    This Isn't Our Parade
    Song to the Siren
    Joke
    In the Fade
    Blood Bank
    Cry, Cry, Cry

If you see anything that isn't listed that also confirmed to the stated rule, please let me know!

See y'all tomorrow!

bachna84 likes this.
  20. GEM37

She haunts the roads

And so it begins...

Hey, have you heard of a band called Gleemer? You should check them out once you're done listening to Screamer!

Screamer

ROUND ONE

Tropic Scorpio vs. Who am I? (Acoustic)
    The Kids are Coming (To Take You Down) vs. Ways
    Turn Me On vs. Screamer
    Got So High vs. 2x Tigers

NOTE: Both versions of "Who am I?" will be in competition in this bracket. The acoustic version is not listed as a bonus track, and it seems apparent to me that they are aesthetically meant to reflect each other but stand on their own. So, we're voting on both of them. Welcome back!

bachna84 likes this.
  21. razorburn

Trusted

Tropic Scorpio
    The Kids Are Coming (To Take You Down)
    Screamer
    Got So High

GEM37 likes this.
  22. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

Tropic Scorpio
    Ways
    Turn Me On
    2x Tigers (these are probably my 2 least faves on the album but don’t hate either)

GEM37 likes this.
  23. Maverick

Trusted

Tropic Scorpio
    The Kids are Coming (To Take You Down)
    Screamer
    Got So High

Unfortunate to vote against Ways already but Kids is probably my favorite song on the album, just classic 3eb.

GEM37 likes this.
  24. Jdaniels

Regular

Who am I
    Kids
    Screamer
    Got so high

GEM37 likes this.
  25. michaelvalerijr

Pressure's mountin' but I don't Everest

I know it’s early, but baffled that Turn Me On is losing—best on the album, and classic TEB (it’s basically Why Can’t You Be part two)

bachna84 and GEM37 like this.