Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Semantic Hallucinations disbanding in 2017

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Djafkri, Jul 25, 2016.

1. Djafkri Jul 25, 2016
    (Last edited: Jul 25, 2016)
    Djafkri

Also known as Smyslovye Gallyutsinatsii or just Glyuki (glitches in your brain).

Current band members:
    Sergey "Buba" Bobunets - Lead singer
    Konstantin Lekomtseva - Sax and keyboard
    Nikolai "Red Sneakers" Rotov - Bass
    Eugene Gantimurov - Guitar
    Max Mitenkov - Drums and songwriter

Bobunets announced that the band will not exist after 1 January 2017. It's a shock and a huge loss to rock music.
    Glyuki got it's start in Yekaterinburg, Sverdlovsk in 1989 creating new sounds and writing poetry and they were even accepted by the Severdlovsk Rock Club. They had a rough start but later had huge success when they reformed in 1995. By 1999 they rose at Chart Dozen to fame and became a brand name at Nashe Radio with hits like "Rose Colored Glasses" and "Forever Young".

In 2000's Glyuki tracks appeared in films Brother 2, Demons, Hronoglaz, Short Course Happy Life, and Territory. Everyone knew Glyuki and the music was called "Ural Existentialism".
    In 2011 they started work on the album "Made In The Dark" and at recording sessions were only candles and the light from a laptop. It was huge success!
    Glyuki is a iconic band that got it's inspirations from Nautilus Pompilius, Agatha Christie, and American writer Kurt Vonnegut (album Ice 9). Glyuki will seriously be missed.

Forever Young:

From Chart Dozen 2015:

2. Inna Selez

Regular

Wow, can't believe my eyes that somebody posted it here. Heard them a lot time ago. Hope their leader will start a new project.

Djafkri likes this.
  3. Djafkri

I hope you're right and they do start a new project. So much energy and so much talent. Glyuki and Nautilus Pompilius are my 2 favorite bands. It's amazing music style that should continue.