Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self-Promotion Thread • Page 73

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Yo these sounds are GORGEOUS. So much ear candy in this track

manoverboard365 likes this.
  2. manoverboard365

Trusted

Thanks so much dude!

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  3. Iago

forbidden chalice.

I wrote this song today and I'm quite proud of it. I don't have proper recording equipment and I'm self-taught on guitar, but I think I was really able to make something I'm proud of.

4. Moni Moni

388 performances. 197 bands. 122 shows. 113 flyers.

[​IMG]

Scene and Unseen: Flyer Art of The Lansing Underground was made free to help get everyone through this. It’s time to get back to a happy place!

Featuring punk, metal, hardcore, and indie rock bands, including P.O.D., Underoath, Squad Five-O, Living Sacrifice, Copeland, One:21, Blindside, Project 86, Johnny Respect, Anathallo, Still Remains, The Deluxtone Rockets, Beloved, The Blamed, Calibretto 13, Cool Hand Luke, Headnoise, Dennison Marrs, Kid Brother Collective, Anah Aevia, Besitary, Bloodlined Calligraphy, Summer Dying and so many more..

Through a few words and the DIY art of the original flyers, Scene and Unseen tells the story of 388 performances, by 197 bands, at 122 shows, with 113 flyers, from 1996 to 2003, all on one small stage at The Underground.

Free eBook:
    Scene and Unseen: Flyer Art of the Lansing Underground by Alex Delavan (eBook) - Lulu

5. pamela

Attached Files:

6. future

My first Vocal Cover, hope u can take a look and rate it :D

7. Daisuke

Hi guys. I created my first music video. Please watch and if you like it hit the like button, Thanks :-)

8. ben_cttl

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forums but have been around since the absolutepunk days. My friend and I are releasing our debut album this year under the band name Charming to the Last. It's a mix of pop/punk/rock/alternative that is a medley of all our influences (Relient K, Blink 182, Anberlin, All Time Low and Jimmy Eat World to name a few). We have two singles streaming now with lyric videos for each. Check them out and let us know what you think! Just a couple of dads living out our long-time dream of recording music.

Take the Shot: Streaming Link, Lyric Video
    Burn Bright: Streaming Link, Lyric Video

Website

Thanks!!

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

For people who use Spotify for Artists, have you ever noticed your stream counts decrease?
    I put out a new song on Sunday, and i usually check the numbers twice a day. There have been two instances where the play count has actually gone down! I checked just now and they actually decreased since I last looked when I woke up. What the hell!

10. This is catchy and fun!

11. I've never seen that but honestly I haven't tracked that closely... I wonder if they changed the definition of a stream? That seems really weird.

12. manoverboard365

Trusted

I never noticed it on my first two songs, but for this third song I've uploaded I'm noticing it. I dont get that many plays to begin with so when I lose 5-10 plays in a day I definitely notice it lol

13. Kitchen_Sessions

Hi guys. Just some blues from my hart in the middle of the kitchen. The bags and a kettlebell around me, the guitar in my arms and keyboard in front of me - my friends who stayed with me at this strange time.

Thanks for watching this (if you do) =), and stay strong.

14. manoverboard365

Trusted

Damn man, not only did you record this all in a day, but you wrote it from scratch?! That's really impressive!

When I started quarantine I tried to do a little project for myself where I write and record one song per day, and whatever the results are after that day is how the song will stay. I got 3 songs in and gave up lol.

15. Thank you so much! I super enjoy doing the 24-hour album experiment, and honestly, I would say it's way easier and more fruitful than trying to write a song-per-day. At least, for me it is!

Back when I was college, there was a project growing trendy on SoundCloud called 7in7, getting artists to create 7 new pieces of art in 7 days. I attempted this multiple times but never got further than 4-5 songs before giving up. (And I usually hated my final song or two, as well.)

Meanwhile, the 24-hour project really puts you in a zone of creativity that you can just sit in for the day, riding the waves of whatever crazy ideas come to your head. Practically speaking, I think it's much easier to put off all your plans and all your interpersonal contact for just one day rather than setting aside music time every night. I could list off a load of other benefits I've noticed over the years, too, such as learning to run with an idea without being overly critical and without getting stuck in self-editing.

That said, this is also my eighth attempt at the album-in-a-day across the past five years, and really, this is the first time I'ev made something that resembles an entire album in just the one day. My very first attempt, I got 22 hours in, had only finished ONE song, and called it quits. So there's a learning curve, for sure! But it's one that I highly recommend :)

16. THIS WAS A JAM?!?!

Also, what kind of guitar is that?

Also also, who are your favorite fusion artists/inspirations?

17. Yo! This is NOT what I was expecting from you. HOW COOL!!!

Ya know, this stylistic evolution is not totally dissimilar from Emarosa? The best one-to-one RIYL I could think of, though, was As Tall As Lions.

18. Thank you! I think you're the only person on this site that has followed my musical journey over the past decade haha. I've actually never listened to As Tall as Lions, I'll take a look though!

I recently discovered that there was a scene of bossa nova-influenced indie pop that reached a height of popularity in the 90s in Japan as many Japanese Brazilians came home to see families post-WWII (obviously way before the 90s) and were ostracized and so formed a community and music called shibuya-kei. So I guess that's also an influence! My singer (who is the main songwriter) was telling me about it. I just like playing a new style of drums, it really pushes me.

Also, I love Emarosa (even more so now that they are pop)!

Edit: we put up a new song yesterday you should check out! And the third and final song of this batch comes out next Wednesday and it is my favourite of the three!

19. That is such a wild story -- that definitely makes me want to go dig up some of that music!

And I already heard the second song ;) It's really good, too! I'll keep an eye out for #3

For As Tall As Lions, they have three albums, but they're s/t is definitely the one to hear

20. I'll check it out! And yes, that's only part of the story about shibuya-kei (I did a little more research haha) but it's definitely a cool genre

21. RogrStahlback

Trusted Supporter

My good friends Bare Dreams released their second EP today. FFO: Mayday Parade, Bayside

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  22. elizbat.deg1

ROYALTY FREE MUSIC FOR VIDEO

In this post, I want to introduce a music source to you. Taketones.com is a platform that serves as a solution to a common problem of streamers, clip-makers, podcast creators and others — it helps to find the right background music.

On this site, you can get access to numerous compositions that can freely be used in all materials, created for public access. Moreover, it contains special thematic playlists, so it is not hard to find the needed song. The last advantage I’d like to highlight is the absence of limits regarding how much you can download.

Feel free to check up!

23. OdawggOfficial

If you love chillout music then please consider checking out my new track Voices, Thanks !!

24. iamfirebreather

The revolution was a lie.

I'm working with a small record label out of Richmond, VA call Open Your Ears Records ( www.oyerecs.com ) and one of our bands, House & Home is dropping their debut LP, Find Sense. Feel Love. Make Light., this Friday (4/17).

I would urge everyone to check them out. They're a great band. Even if they didn't sign with us I'd be telling people about them. Great doods and they deserve every bit of success that's coming their way. Here's a Spotify Link:

If you do check them out, please let me know some feedback! I'd love to hear what everyone thinks, even if you think it's garbage I'd like to know!

25. travis matheny Apr 14, 2020
    (Last edited: Apr 14, 2020)
    travis matheny

quityourself.bandcamp.com

For fans of Pop Punk