Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self-Promotion Thread • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. allastud

Regular

Not self promotion but i'm good friends with all the guys in the band Static Prevails. They are a Post Hardcore band from Southern Ontario they dropped their first video for their upcoming EP today.

2. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Still plugging away selling my records to save money to hike the Appalachian Trail next year. PM me if you're interested in anything!

Records For Sale

3. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Anyone have a beat/instrumental remotely close to the Prince of Bel-Air theme that my friend could use for her class? She said she'd even pay you to use it. Total shot in the dark, cause that's a pretty specific request. I think she just wants to sound like a fun, old school rap beat.

4. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Not my stuff but I wanna plug my friend's indie electronic 3 piece because it's phenomenal and some of my favorite music ever. I don't know what to RIYL for it but start with "Lucid Dream". Great singing from both vocalists and phenomenal production.

5. monokit

master average

This is my day job Ones & Zeros Audio ask me for a ChorusFM discount and I'll give you one ha.

6. justinbullock

Formerly Juice182

Question for anyone who uploads their music to streaming sites or has experience with it. Anyone have any good services for it and how long does it usually take to get something posted once you submit it?

7. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

Routenote has a free service. They take a small percentage, but if you aren't expecting to make much from streaming royalties, it won't make much of a difference. They typically want stuff 4 weeks prior to the release date (which I happened to forget for a release I'm working on now). Otherwise it'll be posted as soon as it goes through.

justinbullock likes this.
  8. FleetingYouthTX

[​IMG]

Snakes- S/T now available for pre-order!

Listen to Young American:

Snakes is made up of a trio of friends from Baltimore, Maryland led by the laden lung of lead singer George Cessna. With a unique sound that's like listening to a "A Spaghetti Western soundtracked by a Rockabilly-tweaked Townes Van Zandt," Snakes is old country for the new generation.

9. CMartinez92

Hi everyone! I've been a fan of the site for a long time and just finally made an account after the switch to chorus.fm. My band is in the process of putting together our first ep. I'm posting our bandcamp that has an album teaser and a demo of our first "single." Please check it out and let us know what you think.
    MonochromeCoast

10. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

Hey everyone, so we're a podcast out of NJ that focuses on concerts/touring. We talk to bands, promoters, venue owners and a whole lot more. We release new episodes mostly every Monday with our most recent being pop punk band Suck Brick Kid! You can hear that interview here:
    This Monday, we have John Russo, lead singer of NJ pop band and America's Got Talent quarterfinalist Reverse Order. There's a lot of great acts we booked for future interviews so stay tuned for that!

Podcast: Behind the Barricade

HeyTomBeck likes this.
  11. tez4prez

12. beargatsby

13. Rob Lanterman

Yo, I run a little bedroom label out of Boise ID and we have a new release!

It's by Wicked Bears, an SLC pop punk band (FFO Lookout Records, Descendents/ALL, 90's pop punk w/ a modern twist).

[​IMG]

Listen/Free Download: www.wickedbears.bandcamp.com
    Preorders for music here:
    CDs - HHR004 - "S/T" Wicked Bears (CD) PREORDER · Hidden Home Records · Online Store Powered by Storenvy
    Tapes - HHR004 - "S/T" - Wicked Bears (Cassette) · Hidden Home Records · Online Store Powered by Storenvy

Let me know your thoughts!

14. My band essentially broke up today (two of the members said they were done, so no matter what we do from now on it'll be different). I've been playing with them for the better part of my musical career and love them to death, but their hearts just aren't in it anymore. I can respect that, but it's made me pretty sad thinking about how these things come and go and people don't even notice; the sort of micro-dramas happening around us all the time. Anyways, I thought I'd post our latest EP in here because we never promoted it much and I think it deserves a listen. Here's to a whole bunch of memories.

Bandcamp: verbthenoun

15. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I rapped over Kanye West's "Real Friends" in a song written to my mom and family about my exit from the Mormon church

16. midsection

17. 1927art

Pixel Decorator

Thanks! We've got some new stuff that's a little more of everything, however that works. What's your band?

18. Ahren Lanfor

New band from Tacoma, WA

Southworth

FFO: Balance And Composure, Nothing, Title Fight, From
    Indian Lakes, Township, Tigerwine

Demo, by Southworth

19. RobTalksInMaths

Hi there! This week my band, Goodbye Tiger, put out a new single & sponsored the Encore Podcast. Our sound is somewhere in the realm of bands like Foals, Thrice, and Minus the Bear. Our new single, Santayana, showcases a bit more of our heavier side, but we're typically somewhere between groovy/dancy, spacey, and heavy. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to listen!

Also, really dug the rap over 'Real Friends' a few posts above this.

20. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

I started following you guys on facebook, so hopefully it will allow me to see the news on the new material - hoping you'll go places with it ;)) ...or feel free to send me some links whenever it comes out! ;D

Thanks for asking :) my band is called Fueling The Fire, and I guess I it comes from different backgrounds - right now finally trying to aim higher with the sound and everything, but in short (at least with the new stuff, and even more with what's to come) FFO: O'Brother, Thrice, Moving Mountains, The Early November, and maybe This Will Destroy You, Ef etc. :))

We'll be making some new music which we plan to take to some next level with better mixes, at least :)) I'm not too proud of how those old tracks sound like. But yeah, if anybody stumbles upon that and listens, then let me know what you think.

21. bodkins

Trusted

I play in a synth pop band with my girlfriend and a buddy of ours called "The Feels". FFO: DCFC, Bleachers, Chvrches, 80s tunes.

You can listen to/download our record for free here: The Feels: The Feels EP

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

22. Matthew Siemieniuk

Hey, everyone. My name is Matt and I've been a drummer for over fourteen years now, having been in a handful of bands (mostly with my brother, Derrek) both former and current (Adalie, Save Empty Vessels, an array of studio drumming duties and fill-in roles to stay active). Over the past couple years as everyone grew older and fell into various adult responsibilities, we have gotten much more involved in recording and production. However, we wish to maintain our own identity as performance musicians so we still sometimes play shows, write and release music, and do the occasional YouTube cover video.

Well, since the later half of 2014, my brother and I have written, demoed, and recorded several songs. To this day, we still have at least ten that have yet to see the light of day. Fortunately, this week has been an exception as we are very happy to release "White Light" for the world to enjoy, insult, share... whatever it is you wish to do with this song. Please take less than three minutes to give it a listen. If you navigate the channel, you will find a few other tracks we have released since last year (and, yes, we plan on releasing much more in the coming weeks).

Thank you very much.

23. Andrew Chandler

Mid East Rapper said to sound like he's got a NY style and bringing a lot of potential to the underground, 17 years old. Looking for all feedback available ; other singles also available on SoundCloud for review.

Solace.

24. 1927art

Pixel Decorator

It sounds great. I really like the atmosphere and space in that first track; something I wish we had more of and try to push for whenever I can. Thanks for sharing.

PS. Please quit your band and move to the states to play bass with us. :-)

25. YahWeWoo

Hey, my name is Paul (actually it's Pavel, 'cause I'm from Kyiv, Ukraine). I've got a band called Yah. We love noisey pop punk and weird indie, we worship Pixies, Br& new, Modest Mouse, Built to Spill, Archers of Loaf, HUM and aaaaall the lovely sounds from 90s. We'll never make it big in our country.

All I ask is to listen to a song from the EP "We Woo" (out 22th of April).

Thank u all. I love you all.

Support Ukraine. XOXOXO