Self-Promotion Thread • Page 54

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. summertimejesus

Wordplay all day. Supporter

Thank you!! And yes, I'll definitely need a bassist/guitarist! In terms of sound, I'm thinking of something that's has a Balance and Composure influence mixed with upbeat transitions like Joyce Manor/Say Anything/The Movielife. I'm also a big fan of MCR-type theatrics so I'll have to navigate trying to incorporate that element without it being gimmicky.

Do you rent out a rehearsal space? I've heard that being in a band can get a little pricey in NYC due to the lack of practice spots.

fluxyjoe likes this.
  2. fluxyjoe

the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma Supporter

I keep trying to push my current group in Joyce Manor territory! Love all the other influences as well!

As much as I wish we had our own space, we just can't afford it. We use Pirate Studios in Greenpoint; the classic room is awesome for $15/hour. It's clean, has AC, and the equipment is fantastic for the price. Sometimes we go to a place in Williamsburg on North 1st b/w Kent and Wythe, which has great equipment a $17/hour, but it's tight for a four-piece. As a last resort we go to The Sweatshop if we can't book either of the aforementioned, but that place is dank in the worst way.

summertimejesus likes this.
  3. sukottokairu

Regular

my band Thrown Away Thoughts is returning from a hiatus and just released a new single! we are from alaska, the local scene is not at a great point up here right now, so we depend on the internet to promote ourselves. it would be much appreciated if you could listen/subscribe on youtube, or listen/follow on spotify! our new single was written with the pop/rock sensibilities of Coheed and Cambria, and Silversun Pickups in mind. if you reach into our older discography, you'll get into a The Fall of Troy influence.

thanks all, every listen makes a big difference for us and is much appreciated!

4. ognjensavija

Liminalit - Boundary Conditions

5. Tkj1996

Hello musicians!

For my entrepreneurship class this semester at Tufts University, I am conducting a survey and I need your help! Please fill out this survey so we can gather data on a potential business idea for musicians. Thank you! https://goo.gl/forms/vYLmeeLeiKmuwA2q2

-Tyler

6. evanfreedmusic

Hey everyone,

I'm new here to the site.
    Today I released a new single and would really appreciate ya taking a listen.

All the best and have a great Friday everyone!

-Evan

7. David Parke

The Harder I Swim, The Faster I Sink Supporter

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. teenagemustache

I used to be prestigious...

Just released my newest album. It's a dark and ambient and just in time for Halloween!

"

David Parke likes this.
  9. StoneAngel

Stone Angel - The Black Horch ( Thing Outside ) / New Song

Stone Angel - ''The Black Horch'' was released today !
    This is the second song from Stone Angel's debut album ''Thing Outside'' released online !
    The album offers a vast musical diversity with 7 different vocalists, a fusion of various different musical styles blended with uncompromising metal and a couple of daring instrumentals !

Hear the song here :

- Album Available Now -

Get your digital copy here : Thing Outside, by Stone Angel
    or here : ♫ Thing Outside - Stone Angel. Listen @cdbaby

Physical copyes available at : Polymusic.eu. Stone Angel - Thing Outside CD 2018

10. Moviathan

Moviathan - Music = <3 = Happiness.

Moviathan - Perambulate

11. teenagemustache

I used to be prestigious...

If anyone is into Black Metal, my friend and I collaborated on an album together.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  12. anon050

Ive spent the past year living like a hermit learning how to produce music.
    These have been my best songs in my opinion:

What Doth Life?(Psychedelic):

All Your Drum And Base Are Belong To Us(Drum & Bass):

Where The Honey Flows Freely(Electronic):

Smooth As A Porpoise(Electronic):

Beathoven Schmeathoven(Neo-Classical):

13. ekjohnson4

Not Hydra

A little pop-punk track i threw out yesterday. Hope you enjoy.

14. Tom Lee

Tea Leaf and ⅓ of Hora Douse.

Thanks so much! Tour was amazing. We played FEST last year, but it was our first US tour. Just got home from it (hence the super late reply!) :heart:

15. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I manage this artist/produced this video

16. Todd

I have been listening to punk for 30 years and you guys are one of my all time favorite bands! New album is awesome!

17. David Parke

The Harder I Swim, The Faster I Sink Supporter

18. SAB22

adulting22.bandcamp.com Prestigious

The band I play from Portland, ME just released a new full length record today can be listened to on Bandcamp and soon Spotify and all the other places too. Thanks for taking the time if you do!

FFO: Weatherbox, Say Anything, Built To Spill

Tom Lee likes this.
  19. Steven Bryson

Hi Everyone!

My name is Steven Bryson

Im a EDM/Trap/Hip Hop producer.

I just released a new track on soundcloud. Its a remix of Suicideboys feat. Ramirez. Feel free to give feedback.

If you like House, there are other remixes like a Lil Pump - Esskeetit remix, and some more.

Much love!

20. Tom Lee

Tea Leaf and ⅓ of Hora Douse.

Hey pal, I dig this a lot!

21. jesseisabigdeal

22. jesseisabigdeal

23. BigMouth

[Insert Personality Here] Supporter

Hey guys, my psych rock band Supermissive (with math rock, emo, indie rock, shoegaze, hardcore influences) just put out our debut record! If you like King Gizzard, Thee Oh Sees, Rage Against the Machine, some At the Drive-in influence (i.e., heavy political music) you might dig it.

24. xoxo122

COD "God killed Rap"(Eminem Diss). Just the facts. The king must go. Release

25. SAB22

adulting22.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Thank you kindly!
    When I posted I actually checked out Hora Douse---I really enjoyed your stuff as well! I'm pretty jealous you guys went to fest this year, we tried but were too late to the party. Next time you guys are stateside lets do a show in Maine!

Tom Lee likes this.