Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self-Promotion Thread • Page 53

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. SpinelessYesBloke

Co-host of The Wasting Time Podcast

2. Hey everyone! Just wanted to plug this once since it's something I've been teasing here since early Summer.

"JUST IN TIME FOR THE SPOOKY SEASON: I am proud to present The Killer Podcast from Outer Space, alongside my friends and co-hosts, Richie Colosimo and Kati Franklin. We've got your October covered in terms of half-drunken franchise-analyzing and meaningless debates over movie details you probably don't even remember. So without further ado, JOIN US as we discuss the masterclass acting and directing of the Pet Sematary series...

Huge, huge thanks to the incredibly talented Mike Iverson for our kick-ass artwork. Coming to Apple Music, Stitcher, and more podcast apps soon! Oh, and explicit content - just in case the episode description isn't enough of a warning."

New episodes publishing every Tuesday. The first couple are a little rough, but we had a lot of fun with the second half of the season in particular. And we're about to start production on a 10-episode second season!

3. halby

My band - Dad Hats, has a new record up on all of those streaming places, and a cool little video below :) CHECK IT OUT, PLEASE.. I REALLY WANT YOU TO!

We used to be in bands like Very Americans and Foxy Shazam, but we don't sound like them.. but I guess its worth mentioning? :)

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  4. My dumb band recorded some of our songs in our basement and the quality is really bad and I was nervous to let other people hear them outside the context of our shows, but it's cool to finally have something people can listen to. Hope you like it!

Tom Lee likes this.
  5. Tom Lee

Regular

This is good pal! I like it, lo-fi is works for this! Keep at it. :blush:

Coming on here to promo my dumb band from the UK. Just premiered a new song & video over on Dork, and we're actually flying out to the US this month to do a little tour around FEST 17! Please check us out! :heart:
    Manchester trio Hora Douse have debuted their new video for 'Buried'

Yourbiggestflan likes this.
  6. Hey this rocks! Checking out your other songs on Spotify now! I almost pulled the trigger to go to FEST this year but couldn't swing it. Would def have tried to check ya out if I was able to. Thanks for the kind words and good luck with the tour!

7. I recently started a new podcast called Hear&See. Music industry related.

HearAndSee-Podcast-Art.png

8. ddkta

i’d appreciate 2 minutes of your time to take in my new song REPLACE YOU

let me know if you’re messing with it

9. Aaron Mook likes this.
  10. JakeRabin

I'm tired.

My band covered a Dramarama song... It's okay.

David Parke likes this.
  11. Yourbiggestflan Oct 12, 2018
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2018)
    Yourbiggestflan

Regular

Started a band last year. Lots of influences from bands through this site, but I'll leave it open for interpretation. What do ya'll think?

Demo, by bloodmoon

Okay, i'll give a few FFO, but don't expect too much: Basement, Title Fight, Turnover, etc.

12. Yourbiggestflan

Regular

Digging this! Have fun on tour/in America! Is this your first time in the US?

Tom Lee likes this.
  13. LUAU (AZ)

14. Ruston

15. chasbechch

16. Listen

Hi friends. Who knows what album?

17. Jordan Gurrentz

J-Rentz

I play in the rock/emo/pop-punk band Right Before Rain. If you enjoy bands like Sum 41, Pierce the Veil, Silverstein or Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, you will probably like our sound. Please give us a listen and a like on Facebook!

Facebook
    Spotify

If you like what you hear, please DM your email address and I would be more than happy to send you 2 (heavier) unreleased songs.

18. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

So this isn't necessarily self-promotion but I've wanted to start a band forever and I'm getting tired of waiting for the "right time" to start one. I'm in the middle of finding substantial employment, which I'm hoping will allow me two days off per week so I can have time to work on music but I wanted to see if folks here have any advice on whether there's a "right" time to start a band, thanks! For the record, I'm interested in singing and songwriting while I get back into guitar/drums and eventually want to master piano as well.

(I also live in NYC so there are plenty of people to play music with.)

fluxyjoe likes this.
  19. This might be a copout answer, but I think now's the best time for you to do it since you really want to. I let music fall by the wayside in college, but the minute I moved back to Brooklyn, I found/started a group immediately because I didn't music to go on the back burner again. I didn't have a full-time job, so I was able to focus on putting my oomph behind that. Now I'm working full-time and going to rehearsal Sunday nights has become both part of my weekly routine AND a release from work.

TLDR: Go for it while you're really into it and before it becomes harder to make a reality with a higher-commitment job!

Also if you need a bassist/guitarist with backup vocals, let me know! :-):rock:

summertimejesus likes this.
  20. summertimejesus

Birds and Guitar

Thank you!! And yes, I'll definitely need a bassist/guitarist! In terms of sound, I'm thinking of something that's has a Balance and Composure influence mixed with upbeat transitions like Joyce Manor/Say Anything/The Movielife. I'm also a big fan of MCR-type theatrics so I'll have to navigate trying to incorporate that element without it being gimmicky.

Do you rent out a rehearsal space? I've heard that being in a band can get a little pricey in NYC due to the lack of practice spots.

fluxyjoe likes this.
  21. I keep trying to push my current group in Joyce Manor territory! Love all the other influences as well!

As much as I wish we had our own space, we just can't afford it. We use Pirate Studios in Greenpoint; the classic room is awesome for $15/hour. It's clean, has AC, and the equipment is fantastic for the price. Sometimes we go to a place in Williamsburg on North 1st b/w Kent and Wythe, which has great equipment a $17/hour, but it's tight for a four-piece. As a last resort we go to The Sweatshop if we can't book either of the aforementioned, but that place is dank in the worst way.

summertimejesus likes this.
  22. sukottokairu

Regular

my band Thrown Away Thoughts is returning from a hiatus and just released a new single! we are from alaska, the local scene is not at a great point up here right now, so we depend on the internet to promote ourselves. it would be much appreciated if you could listen/subscribe on youtube, or listen/follow on spotify! our new single was written with the pop/rock sensibilities of Coheed and Cambria, and Silversun Pickups in mind. if you reach into our older discography, you'll get into a The Fall of Troy influence.

thanks all, every listen makes a big difference for us and is much appreciated!

23. ognjensavija

Liminalit - Boundary Conditions

24. Tkj1996

Hello musicians!

For my entrepreneurship class this semester at Tufts University, I am conducting a survey and I need your help! Please fill out this survey so we can gather data on a potential business idea for musicians. Thank you! https://goo.gl/forms/vYLmeeLeiKmuwA2q2

-Tyler

25. evanfreedmusic

Hey everyone,

I'm new here to the site.
    Today I released a new single and would really appreciate ya taking a listen.

All the best and have a great Friday everyone!

-Evan