Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self-Promotion Thread • Page 48

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. r0m4n44

My band just released a new EP called "Wave Upon Wave" :heart:. Sylia Massy produced it (primarily known for Tool's Undertow album, although our music sounds nothing like Tool):-)

teebs41 likes this.
  2. muso1070

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts on this new video we did out in the Canary's.
    Laid-back summery vibes on the road :-)

3. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Here's the latest episode of my comedy cooking show on Delish.com!

Patterns in Traffic likes this.
  4. Snoblin

Goblin Person Prestigious

Has anyone on here successfully gotten their music onto a currated streaming service playlist? How?

5. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Like an Offical Spotify curated one or just any individual curator's playlist?

6. Late Nights is a simple title for a simple project. Last summer, I got to work with not only a great friend and musician but one of my favorite producers on some new tracks with two simple goals in mind: make something different and just have fun with it. We love the songs so much that we recently decided it would be silly not to share them, so here's something weird and wonderful we've been plugging away at over the past year. Full EP out June 29th. We hope you like it.

SEANoftheDEAD likes this.
  7. oxidane

There is some good music in this thread ! B-)

Please let me know what you guys think of my 2 new video clips :thumbup:

8. Snoblin

Either I guess

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  9. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

It's essentially impossible to get on official Spotify curated playlists. They kinda have to find you. I noticed we started getting on some peoples discover weekly playlists when our songs started getting to 2k streams a piece.

The easiest way is to seek out small independent curated playlists. They usually have anywhere from 100-30k followers. You can find them pretty easily by just searching something like "Top independent Spotify curators" or "Submit music to Spotify playlists". They usually have you submit one song and they'll review it and decide whether they wanna add it or not. I got us on about 40 playlists that way.

Getting on any playlist helps get your music out there. Definitely worth submitting to really small ones at first.

Patterns in Traffic and Snoblin like this.
  10. Snoblin

Thanks! That's some good advice.

11. bobbyblakem

New single from my band Attalaya. RIYL: Thrice, Radiohead, Sparta.

12. SEANoftheDEAD Jun 8, 2018
    (Last edited: Jun 20, 2018)
    SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

My band, Cologne, just released this video today.

13. jorbjorb

7 rings

If anyones in shittipeg next month we're opening this one up

14. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

15. Jim Morgan

Can't Hold Me Down Prestigious

I work for this band (FFO: Dance Gavin Dance, Taking Back Sunday):
    https://www.facebook.com/theviewfromherenj/
    Instagram: @theviewfromherenj

Lyric Video for “Whatever Happened, Happened”:

Video for “Chill”:

Anyone looking for show trades? We’re based out of Bridgewater, NJ and are always looking to play out.

SEANoftheDEAD and bobsheiskawy like this.
  16. bobsheiskawy

is it the same for you? Prestigious

This is really good. From these two songs, I'd say more Mayday Parade (and more modern pop-punk/emo like Real Friends or something) than Taking Back Sunday, but I'm not mad about it. Will definitely check out the EP when it drops.

Jim Morgan likes this.
  17. Jim Morgan

Can't Hold Me Down Prestigious

Thanks man! Appreciate the kind words. That’s a different way to describe them than I’ve heard before but I’m also not mad about it!

18. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

first instrumental in a minute

19. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Hey ya'll, just started hosting a radio show at Wesleyan's WESU. It airs Friday nights from 11:30 PM-12:30 AM, I think a lot of people here would be into it. I'll be taking song requests and phone calls as well as trying to pull off some funny/weird shit. Anyways, the first two episodes are available to listen to online if you're interested. You can tune in live on wesufm.org or on 88.1 FM if you're in the Middletown, CT area!

20. marm1909

Hey !! I'm new I want to left my new release here for you to hear, tell me what you think :heart:

21. Ahren Lanfor

new song titled "Shimmer" from Tacoma, WA band Lo There. You can find them on Spotify and bandcamp etc.

22. My band released a new EP a few weeks ago!

23. KyleAtGalaxy

Regular

I released a five track EP about a month ago. Thought I'd share it here. I'm not really sure what to compare it to. I listen to a lot of pop punk, country, and an unhealthy amount of anything from the 90's. Anyway, thanks for listening.

spoti.fi/2wzSipO

24. DarkMatterHotSauce

Dark Matter Hot Sauce

Hey all!

We created a Peach and the Piano limited edition hot sauce in honor of Andrew McMahon & Friends 'The Pen & the Piano' Tour.

It features Allen Stone, Zac Clark, Bob Oxblood, and Andrew McMahon (we get permission from all artists featured on our bottles)

It's made from scratch, peach habanero flavor, and the best part is that 30% of every sale of hot sauce on our site goes directly to The Dear Jack Foundation. (Sales, not profits so we are able to give back as much as possible to the incredible foundation)

We did things a little differently this time around--you can only order this bottle until 6.23.18. The design will get retired on 6.24.18 (aka no longer available). Whatever sells by Saturday is what the bottles will be limited to.

Our bottles are only available at DarkMatterHotSauce.com

**If anyone has suggestions on who they'd like to see featured on a bottle please let us know! We're always looking for new artists to feature & more people to get involved

Screen Shot 2018-06-22 at 3.24.55 PM.png

Attached Files:

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. DarkMatterHotSauce likes this.