Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self-Promotion Thread • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. Subbing. I recommend Old Best Friend. Not my band, but I cohost a podcast with him and he's seriously incredible. I was a fan before I was a friend.

HeyTomBeck likes this.
  2. JoshShulkin

Regular Supporter

I put out this EP a little over a year ago and now I'm in the midst of recording an album which will hopefully be out in the fall.

I'm planning on working through all the music people have posted here later this evening. I'm sure there's some great stuff

Sophos likes this.
  3. kyleadams

formerly thisisalchemy Prestigious

Hesitant to post anything but I am always looking to spread my drumming wings.

I've played with:
    › From Indian Lakes
    › Artifex Pereo
    › Settings
    › Victory At Last.

I have some videos on YouTube, like every other drummer, and post clips regularly on my Instagram.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  4. When were you playing with Artifex? If it was in 2009-10, there's a good chance one of my high school bands opened for you in Normal IL.

5. kyleadams

I filled in for their drummer, Cory, in 2014 on tour with Emery, Night Verses and Norma Jean.

6. davefcbass

7. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

Sweet chops, dude! Never get tired of seeing some head-mounted Go-Pro action.

8. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

My band, Addax, (Miami, FL) just released a four-track EP called Brick City Sessions that we're incredibly proud of. It's up on iTunes, Amazon, Spotify and Bandcamp.

9. kyleadams

Thanks a lot! Sometimes that added video motion helps make the videos a little more exciting to watch.

10. Tom Lee

Regular

What the hey. Howdy everyone, I play in a band called Hora Douse and we're from Manchester, UK.
    Here's what we sound like...

And here's what some people think we sound like...

"Oh my fucking God. I think these guys are the most I’ve been blown away by a new band live in a long time. Coming off sounding a lot like Brand New and mewithoutYou, with the appropriate amount of emo revival vibes as well, it’s a pretty unique mix." - IRREGULAR ZINE

"Bored basks in its simplicity, and quickly becomes one of the catchiest punk songs to be released in recent years." - Watch Read Repeat

"The band whirls between grunge, melodic hardcore and post-punk. It's a daring mix that shouldn't work, but does. This is a band that plays by the rules of genre as much as they break them." - PunkNews.org

"If rage-poppers Pulled Apart By Horses and Turbowolf got together and had a child, then Hora Douse would be it, a screaming mess of sweaty brilliance." - Double Groove Zine

mikeftttf likes this.
  11. Tom Lee

Regular

Also, I do odd bits of solo acoustic stuff. Will make an effort to check everyone else out soon!

12. Deanna

Trusted Supporter

My label, Wreck It Records, will be releasing a new EP by Verdoux next Friday. Single went up on UTG today.

13. Sophos

Regular

not much of a mix on this one either.

troyplaysbass likes this.
  14. So Long Suburbia

Calgary Pop Punk

Hey guys was a long time member on AP.net. Have just joined a new band for the first time in a long time and have released our first track. Would appreciate any feedback. Pop-punk.

Home Just Isn't Home, by So Long Suburbia

15. DrummerX1105

Bright Missiles - Bones EP

RIYL: Smashing Pumpkins, Silversun Pickups, The Cure, Dinosaur Jr., My Bloody Valentine

I'm the drummer of the Los Angeles based band Bright Missiles. Give us a listen on our Soundcloud or on Spotify. We currently have a couple shows in Silverlake and Hollywood this month so if you're in the area come check us out! We are also working on some new material, hopefully gonna record pretty soon! Thanks for listening and keep on rocking!

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  16. 1927art

Pixel Decorator

I haven't noticed any art threads, but thought this might be the best place to share some for now. I do photography, graphic design, and digital art. I can do merch designs, logos, posters, and promotional images, but I really love to do album art and layouts. The best place to keep tabs on me right now is on my 1927 Art & Design facebook page. Here are a few of my images.

eidolon.jpg half500.jpg weare600wm.jpg weight500wm.jpg

Also, for the music side of this thread, I play drums in From Fragile Seeds. FFO: Brand New, Thrice, Explosions In The Sky, and Gates

17. Hi :wave:

Nothing in particular to "promote" at the moment, but I wanted to share something that will hopefully be coming your way soon.

Yesterday I challenged myself to see if I could write and record an entire EP from scratch within a single day. Nothing written, zero pre-production, simply 24 nonstop hours of production. Now all that's left is some post-production, then I'll hopefully be posting it up in here!

In the meantime, I blog and thingies at Ours By Accident Song Shop

18. monokit

master average

Yo From Indian Lakes is so rad

kyleadams likes this.
  19. The Record Podcast

zzombieeee

The Record Podcast: The Record Podcast by The Record Podcast on iTunes

I'm Nick Vombrack (Dr. Manhattan), and on the podcast I interview people from all over the music industry to talk about their history with music, stories, tangents, advice and a ton more. Check out previous episodes with Nic Newsham (Gatsby's American Dream), Casey Bates (Producer), Scott Heisel (Substream Magazine), Durijah Lang (ex-Glassjaw), Kurt Travis (ex-Dance Gavin Dance), and many more! New episode with Mike Felumlee (ex-Alkaline Trio) is live now!

Appreciate the listens. xoxo

www.therecordpodcast.com

www.soundcloud.com/therecordpodcast
    www.facebook.com/therecordpodcast

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  20. OotyPa Apr 6, 2016
    (Last edited: Apr 6, 2016)
    OotyPa

fall away

My friend makes music under the moniker PALM POKO and it kinda sounds like if Sufjan Stevens went trip-hop, or like if you mixed The Beach Boys with Dntel. Idk. Whatever it is, it's fucking awesome and he plays every instrument himself!

Brain Sandwich, by Palm Poko
    PALM POKO

21. The Ocean Front

22. OotyPa

fall away

These songs are fucking awesome. Huge Foxing/Athletics vibes

23. aschwend94

To help get you through the middle of the work week, take a break from whatever’s dragging down your day and listen to William H. Klink’s NEW Music Video. Comment your opinion on the music, the video, or whatever you feeeel.

Whitney Houston Died For Our Sins – William H. Klink (Breakfast 2016)

24. monokit

master average

Rick Sihl and troyplaysbass like this.