Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self-Promotion Thread • Page 34

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. vercetitrapstar

Valdemar likes this.
  2. jorbjorb

7 rings

we just released another one

Mr. Serotonin and CSWAPPO like this.
  3. JakeRabin

I'm tired.

I just released a new song about needing a fresh start. It's called Away From This Place, and it's punk.

Valdemar likes this.
  4. Ahren Lanfor

Tacoma, Washington band "Lo There" just released a new EP called "Eden" on bandcamp. Should be on spotify and itunes etc soon. Here's the bandcamp link:

5. Valdemar

ye

Hi! I'm in a band that plays Indie rock. With a distorted bass and a cold ass synth we have made a song that is on our soundcloud. Check it out! :D

Mr. Serotonin and CSWAPPO like this.
  6. bobbyblakem

Hey guys,

Posted in here several months ago about my band Attalaya. Our full length is coming out next month. Here's a teaser and the first single for it. Please give it a listen if you feel like it. RIYL: Sparta, The Appleseed Cast, Thrice, Brand New.

Thanks!

CSWAPPO and Ahren Lanfor like this.
  7. yohanmustdie

Oh, give us your money!

Hey guys! My friend and I's band just put out our debut EP! If anyone would check it out and give us some feedback that'd be much appreciated!

https://gorillacookies.bandcamp.com/

CSWAPPO likes this.
  8. cbaksa

Band recently dusted off an old track and put on the finishing touches. We tracked live drums for this and I think it turned out pretty well given we self-recorded in an old basement. Hope anyone who checks it out enjoys it!

9. Carl Smookes

I love Elected:)

10. Agony Kings

Greetings, friends! So, after jamming around the NYHC scene for about a decade, be and my buddies finally recorded a full-length. If you would be so kind, please check us out and let me know what you think.

Self-titled debut out 10/6/17!

11. Agony Kings

Hey guys, check out my hardcore/thrash/crossover band - AGONY KINGS!

12. My band just put out a new single and announced preorders for our upcoming EP, Love Stories, out December 8th.

Pop rock is good for the soul, sometimes. O:-)

13. bobbyblakem

Hey guys, second single from my band Attalaya. Album was mixed and mastered by Nathan Hussey of All Get Out. Please give it a listen.

js977 likes this.
  14. Avin Yunus

if you're into 90s-2000's pop punk, my band just released new song:

15. Agony Kings

16. ChrisH

New Artist, Criticism and Feedback widely appreciated. From Nashville, TN

17. Agony Kings

Kind words from Transcending Obscurity!

ALBUM PREMIERE: U.S. Crossover Thrash Band Agony Kings - TRANSCENDING OBSCURITY

Crossover thrash is one of those genres that doesn’t seem to get covered as often as most of the others out there, though in recent years bands like Power Trip and Iron Reagan have pushed the style back into the public eye. But there have been plenty of groups trying their hand at the genre for those that want to look beyond the major labels. One great example of this is New York’s Agony Kings, whose self-titled debut is set for release on October 6th. While there isn’t a lot of info out there about the band, the promo material for the album says it has been in the works for over ten years and features Mike Stack from fellow New Yorkers False Gods on vocals. So what’s a crossover thrash album that’s had ten years put into it sound like? Today we’re excited to bring you a full stream of the record so you can find out for yourself.

Agony Kings is very rooted in the old-school crossover thrash sound, so there are quite a few moments during the thirteen track album that sound like they could’ve been ripped out of the late 80’s or early 90’s. That’s not a bad thing, especially when it’s delivered with the type of speed, precision, and intensity that is present here. Compared to some of the others out there that come off as sloppy and rough around the edges for the sake of speed, it’s clear that the ten year incubation period has given these guys the chance to hone their skills and deliver riffs and bass lines that feel like a well-oiled machine hell-bent on destruction. Stylistically Agony Kings are pulling from many of the traditional crossover influences, but they also speed things up to the point that the frantic riffs and drum beats approach grind and powerviolence territory. Plus there’s plenty of old-school New York hardcore influence to go around, with the band slowing things down at the perfect moments for some rougher grooves.

Mike Stack fits in well with what the band is going for on their self-titled, delivering screaming that is able to hit both high and low pitches. It’s the type of aggressive pitch that stands above the instrumentals and hits you right in the face with every word, and compared to his vocals with False God there’s a bit more versatility to the performance. Plus you’ve got some well-placed sound clips that fit well with Agony Kings’ subject matter, and the band doesn’t overuse them to the point of exhaustion. Stack never wavers in intensity, and this consistently aggressive approach benefits the album as a whole.

They’re not reinventing the genre by any means, but Agony Kings old-school sound hits hard and manages to move between fast grind-leaning moments and hardcore chugging in a way that makes the songs distinguishable from one another. The production values are razor sharp too, giving a slightly modern sheen without losing the late 80’s grit crossover thrash is known for. Agony Kings’ self-titled debut is out October 6th, and hopefully it won’t be another ten years before we get a follow-up.

18. weljetweljet

Greetings from Finland!

Weljet-Weljet is a crazy new band from Finland and we made our first music video. Ofcourse we have done music with other projects but this is something new. This song is a pure love song to the music itself and it's all about positive vibes what music gives.

Weljet-Weljet is like a mix of lot of genres. We play rock, punk, rap, funk and groove pop and some jazz.

Our debyt ep is coming soon this year!

Hope you enjoy!

VIDEO:

Our fb is: https://www.facebook.com/weljetweljet/

popdisaster00 and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  19. Tom Lee

Regular

I did a live session a little while ago, and it just got posted up.

Sad, acoustic tunes for anyone interested. FFO: Elliott Smith, Kevin Devine, etc.

20. sophos34 Oct 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 9, 2017)
    sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

mixing and mastering services available for cheap hmu

fluxyjoe likes this.
  21. Agony Kings

22. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

honestly this is the coldest, hardest beat ive ever made. gibbs should buy it from me

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  23. Tom Lee

Regular

Copy-and-pasted from the post on my band page, Hora Douse, but the sentiment still applies to everyone in here.

Here's a stripped-down version of a new tune, 'Outgrow/Anything' - filmed and recorded with Technoir and Will Cook - Record Producer. It's the third & final instalment of the live session, and if you watch it, I hope you like it, and I hope it helps. Today is World Mental Health Day, and this was written at a time when I was suffering through an intense period of depression and anxiety, and the song is about how that affected the relationships in my life at that moment. It's a song that means a lot to me, so I hope it can mean a lot to somebody else too. Take care of yourselves, and please take care of each other.

weljetweljet likes this.
  24. sophos34 Oct 12, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 12, 2017)
    sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

demo for side project...becoming easy to tell early on when a track will or will not fit under my jake jenkins name.

25. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i cant stop making demos for this project...s o i guess sophos releae coming soon

nohandstoholdonto likes this.