Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self-Promotion Thread • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

what if i'm a guest

backed hard

2. @ECV Can't remember whether I told you on Twitter or not, but that Halogens EP is a jam.

Jacob Tender and ECV like this.
  3. Thank you Troy! I've been excited about it since like, November haha.

4. HeyTomBeck

I host a podcast, called The Bug Parade, which promotes bands who currently have 1000 likes or less on Facebook. I wanted to show that 'likes' were just a number and that you can still discover great music from relatively unheard bands.

You can find the podcast page at The Bug Parade

And listen to the latest episode below:

Would be great if you could give it a listen, subscribe on itunes, suggest bands for me to play. I'm all ears and regularly trawled through AP.net forums to find people posting their own bands.

Jacob Tender likes this.
  5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

6. Kristen

Regular

@HeyTomBeck Really cool idea! I will definitely give it a listen. Let me know if you'd like to use my band for anything. Our link is a few posts up

7. Whatjuliansaid Mar 31, 2016
    (Last edited: Mar 31, 2016)
    Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

We're a pretty weird band, only part time nowadays but we're always hanging out so anything is possible. I guess for fans of is something like this : senses fail, saosin, skid row, la guns, skylit drive, more recent pierce the veil, chiodos, make do and mend, converge. We just released an ep late last year and it would mean a lot if you checked it out. We're from Brooklyn but surprisingly are not a generic indie pop band, crazy I know. Any opinions are welcome. :-)

I would personally recommend queen of the harpies or deep rest for first listens. Each of the songs is pretty different.

Deep Rest, by Tragedy Awaits Us

[​IMG]

8. mikeftttf

This EP is awesome! Great find :)

ECV likes this.
  9. mikeftttf

- - -

Super interesting discussion here, and a problem I've been mulling over for other applications (feedback on web designs) for a while, that equally applies to new musicians trying to get feedback/exposure...

Thinking of some platform where there's an incentive to give good/constructive feedback - perhaps something you must join and leave 5/10/whatever pieces of useful feedback for others (that are validated as useful or not by the community) before you're allowed to post your own creation for review.

Would be interesting to hear more thoughts on this!

Robk likes this.
  10. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

Here's another music review podcast: Stage Banter

Tell us we suck.

11. mlaramie

i can't breathe, i can't feel anything at all.

12. mikalcheuk

[​IMG]

For fans of Radiohead, Interpol, The xx

13. Mike Smith

Musician, Drunkard

14. ChrisCantWrite

Trusted Prestigious

This is great work. Excited to hear more from these guys.

ECV likes this.
  15. ECV likes this.
  16. Stage Banter

A music review podcast.

I like this! Lots of Interpol vibes.

17. Dang, this is awesome

ECV likes this.
  18. Thanks for checking it out, everyone!

19. These were both on the latest Forum Members Compilation, but I'll post them here too. Hoping to have a record written by the end of the year (I work very slow haha)

20. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

if we could have a place where anyone could see but only confirmed people could post I think that could be start? The forum in the prestigious forum is cool but only prestigious can view it and that sort of holds it back. maybe users can request to be a part of it? it's pretty easy to tell when someone is just trying to promote so idk

21. ArtMinute

https://thousandmillion.bandcamp.com/

We've been putting together a minute long proggy/punk song every week. Really proud of the latest one especially:

A bit about the songs for those that like other people's songwriting perspectives:

Writing minute long songs is really freeing. When I work on writing a 3+ minute song, I tend to overthink a lot of my ideas and focus on making them as perfect as possible. But writing a 1-2 minute long song every week means I focus less on polishing and more on writing something unique and interesting. All of these songs so far have been the most musically complex songs I've written in a long time.

I also like the week long song writing process because I can treat it like a journal entry. Each of the songs is about a cool conversation or thought that has stuck with me over the past week. I think this tends to lead to a bit of disconnect between the music and the lyrics sometimes, but at the same time, most of the songs I'm really into juxtapose happy sounding music with depressing lyrics so it doesn't bother me very much.

22. mikeftttf

I was thinking something like Product Hunt, where everyone can view and vote on things, but only certain people can post them.

23. Sophos

Regular

this isnt mixed (i mean, some basic mixing principles are applied like my drums have a parallel compression bus but i wouldnt call it a full mix) but i wanted to do something with all the brand new sounds i got with komplete 10. all drum samples are from battery 4 and i think every synth patch came from fm8 (dont quote me on that). its a short little thing and the transition is jarring but i wasnt trying to really...idk....i dont wanna say i wasnt trying to make a great beat because i absolutely was but i wanted to do it quickly and efficiently so little flourishes i may normally spend time on were bypassed. i made the whole thing in about 2-3 hours

24. I love this.

ECV likes this.