Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self-Promotion Thread • Page 26

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. I'm putting up a cover a week for a year. KhieMusic

Week 1: Fall Out Boy - "Of All the Gin Joints in All the World"
    Week 2: Fall Out Boy - "Just One Yesterday"
    Week 3: Fall Out Boy - "Irresistible"
    Week 4: From First to Last - "Emily" (collab)
    Week 5: Jimmy Eat World - "Goodbye Sky Harbor"
    Week 6: Jimmy Eat World - "A Praise Chorus"
    Week 7: Jimmy Eat World - "Futures"
    Week 8: The Moldy Peaches/Juno - "Anyone Else But You" (collab)
    Week 9: Paramore - "Emergency"
    Week 10: Paramore - "That's What You Get"
    Week 11: Paramore - "Escape Route"
    Week 12: Taking Back Sunday - "Great Romances of the 20th Century"
    Week 13: Death Cab for Cutie - "A Lack of Color"
    Week 14: Death Cab for Cutie - "Summer Skin"
    Week 15: Death Cab for Cutie - "Cath..."

I guess I'll keep this post updated. (They're only covers; I'm not narcissistic enough to make my own thread for this.)

2. You have everything to live for. C/\C

3. Bartek T. likes this.
  4. finnyscott

I'm from New York. No, not the city.

After repeated listens, I kept getting irked by small things in this album so I went through and reworked it completely. Edited some songs, replaced others, altered the sequencing, and I think I'm finally happy. I've put them all on youtube. Appreciate any listens!

5. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I write short reviews for movies, comics, music, and more on the Instagram account rossreveiews1

6. jorbjorb

7 rings

We took a year off but now we're back and working on LP2

Michael Schmidt and Bartek T. like this.
  7. mikeonthemoon

Hi guys,

I'm new here so what best to introduce myself than a good old cover.
    here's my latest one: I want you back from the Jackson Five. An chill-out acoustic cover of this amazing song.

Hope you'll like it [​IMG]

Cheers
    Mike

8. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Hey friends, would really appreciate a word or two or if you just took a listen. We've finally released one of the two new small EPs my band's done. So here's the two songs, recorded in Poland, mixed by Kevin Dye (Gates, Owel, Athletics), and mastered by Mike Kalajian (Moving Mountains, Prawn, Saosin).

The next installment comes out in April, I'll post it as well - it's gonna be a bit more gloomy, FFO: Foxing, Hrvrd, O'Brother, while I guess this one is more influenced by Thrice, MovMou, Balance & Composure etc.

PS. if somebody has got a list of blogs or music sites, which could possibly post anything about it if I tried to hit them up - please send me a message, it's really hard for me to search through the internet for the sites from outside of my country, can't really find too much, it would help us a lot! (or welll, is there a thread about it anywhere?)

teebs41 likes this.
  9. andrew.elofson

So much killer stuff in here... holy shit. If the dude in City Mouth is in here still, props to you dude, I'm in love. My band is called 1000 Miles of Fire and we play pop-punk/alt rock stuff. We'll be touring NY/NJ this summer so I'd love to hang with some of y'all! Check out our music here -> Ernie Ball PLAY Warped 2017 | 1000 Miles of Fire

ffo: The Maine, Four Year Strong, Yellowcard, All Time Low

Bartek T. likes this.
  10. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Just listenining to it whole, it's really really good! ;D wondering what you'll do with LP2, make sure to post something then! ;D

jorbjorb likes this.
  11. jorbjorb

7 rings

thanks a lot man. I really appreciate it.

Bartek T. likes this.
  12. puzzlevortex

13. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

It's not my band, but my friends put out an EP last month. They are called Significant Loss. They are a hardcore/punk band from Cleveland. I'd say the recordings sort of have an early Comeback Kid vibe, but not sure what exactly I'd compare it to. It's really good though.

Significant Loss, by Significant Loss

PS: @jorbjorb your band rocks man! Really digging this stuff. I'm used to seeing you post in the hockey thread haha.

Bartek T. and jorbjorb like this.
  14. jorbjorb

7 rings

wow thanks so much man really means a lot to me.

Michael Schmidt likes this.
  15. monokit

master average

Hi I also play in the band Bleed American with @jorbjorb but I also record, mix and master for a living. If any of you ever need something done properly by all means shoot me a PM I don't check in here often though

JORDAN VOTH

16. janet__mk

Hi guys! My name is Janet and I started singing after a pretty long break. I uploaded a few covers on my YouTube Channel and I hope you'll like it. If you do, it would be AMAZING, if you could subscribe. :) Thanks a lot!! Have a nice day! :) Link -> Janet Mokhtari

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  17. Ahren Lanfor

Just released my solo record I started tracking 3 or more years ago after coming home from a tour. Its a concept instrumental record for the story of Perseus battling the Titan The Kraken. a mix of many genres: post metal, drone, post rock, trance, electronica, etc etc.

Eastern Promise, by Eastern Promise

Bartek T. likes this.
  18. LUAU

Bartek T. likes this.
  19. For this Cinema Century video I was the Director Of Photography. Something I hadn't done before but really enjoyed doing and would like to do more of in the future!

Special thanks to Agape Media (Jason Elam) for the drone footage. Video editing and music by Platinum Audio (Jake Bryant).

20. mikeonthemoon

Hi guys,

If you like folk and rock music, you can check out our YouTube Channel here:
    Mike on the Moon Music

And here's a sneak peak with a cover of the classic beatles song Oh Darling B-)

Keep rocking this page

Enjoy :)

21. Kelivelli

Oii !

Just dropping off some Sexual Psychedelic Boom Bap, do as you want with it.

- Stay Coup

22. EarthShifts

Trusted

Bartek T. likes this.
  23. My best friends put out a new music video today for their single Ultra-Violent.

You can find the song on Bandcamp and watch the music video below.

24. Jennifer David

J.L. DAVID TALENT AGENCY

25. tshreve

Metalicca

My band Carlos Danger put out our first album today and I think a lot of people on this site would dig it. FFO: Death Cab for Cutie, The Early November, Dikembe, Hidden In Plain View, You Blew It
    People We Can Never Meet, by Carlos Danger

Bartek T. likes this.