Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self-Promotion Thread • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Mar 13, 2015.

1. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Hey guys,

I mentioned this in another thread and people seemed interested so I thought I would just make a post about it.

I am currently planning a thru-hike of the Appalachian Trail. This is a huge dream of mine, and I've realized that I am in a place where I can actually make it happen. So I'm going to.

It's a big financial burden though. So in order to do this I have to sell my record collection.

Not an easy decision because I've spent years building it, but I've weighed the pros and cons and decided to do this.

Here is a Google Doc where I am actively updating what I have and what's been sold. Feel free to DM me with questions/offers.

I am basing all prices on what they've been going for online. Mainly using Discogs and Ebay. Going on average about 5 or 10 less whatever they've been going for.

So I have some that are worth quite a bit. But I am definitely willing to work out a deal.

This site is the reason I listen to the majority of records on this list, so I figured it would be cool to disperse back.

Thanks for your interest!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

Definitely down for this

3. Corey Putney

@coreyputney Prestigious

I recorded this over the last two days.

4. jean-luc davis

Shut the FFFFFFRESHFISH UP

I have a project that I haven't had time to work on recently called Jean-Luc and the Same-Old. I eventually want to put together a full album type thing and hopefully that'll happen this year.

I have two original songs, an acoustic demo of one of those songs, and a Brand New cover if you're interested!
    Jean-Luc and the Same-Old

5. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Updated my vinyl list by deleting all the sold/on hold stuff so it's easier to look through, and I also added some things I missed while going through my collection again. (Jimmy Eat World, Kevin Devine, Revenant Soundtrack, etc).

Thanks for giving it a look!

Check it out here.

6. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Hey guys, my band is Emerson based out of Tallahassee Florida. We write what I would describe as soulful pop rock, with folk elements. Check some of our live videos out on Emerson
    And keep up with shows at Security Check Required

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  7. The_Effort

Regular Supporter

Gonna be checking out some of what's posted here soon. So far I think I've only heard Sopho's music.

I play in a project called Safely. We're from Las Vegas. Here are links to the songs from a split we released last year. Would love some feedback on any of them.

Fall

Sidewalks

Run

And a version of the first song from an EP we're working on:

The Reflecting Skin

Mr. Serotonin likes this.
  8. ginodalcin

moss always points to civilization Prestigious

Gino Dal Cin

I've got a website where I post a lot of dumb sketches, comics, and little illustrations. I also have a few zines for sale and I'm trying to do a lot more commission work that you can access here: http://bigcartel.ginodalcin.com. I'm currently working on a zine that is filled with small enemies from various nintendo games I played growing up.

So yeah, let me draw some stuff for you!

Here's a rad dog:
    [​IMG]

dharkins and Mr. Serotonin like this.
  9. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

My main project is Chinese Caves but I'm currently writing material for that project so I have nothing to really offer there but here's some stuff from my other project, Soviet Rocket. There's stuff in the works for that too.

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

11. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I play in a band called Less Than A Sea. We're about to record our second EP - so I'm here to promote our first EP which is the start of a trilogy. The plan is to finish the trilogy by the end of the year and then experiment and expand our sound on the full length which should be coming out in the Fall/Winter of 2017.

Always Dying, by Less Than A Sea

Our sound has been compared to Hot Water Music, The Menzingers, The Gaslight Anthem, etc.... I hope you enjoy it!

jorbjorb likes this.
  12. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

I used to be in a band called Drama Party. So, just remember, it could always be worse.

jorbjorb likes this.
  13. Signifire

Headphones blaring three stacks Prestigious

14. Paul Beaumont Mar 30, 2016
    (Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2016)
    Paul Beaumont

15. Paul Beaumont

16. Paul Beaumont

Insteadman is superb. Gonna download those when I get home tonight.

17. Thanks! I'm really excited to record a full-band version of that one for our album.

18. Benjamin Lee

Trusted

I guess I'll join this. I've been releasing an album one song a month this year. 1st of every month is the next song.

19. tachyonEvan

I'm a fiend for mojitos. Prestigious

20. Kristen

Regular

My band's first EP "Electric Spirit" is up on bandcamp for free. It was recorded by myself (drummer) and my (at the time) only other band mate.

Electric Spirit, by Portal Frame
    www.facebook.com/portalframeband

In the time since we have gotten two more members and written the best music I've ever been a part of. We are visiting studios around Texas at the moment and will have much better music (song writing and quality wise) out before fall hits.

Thanks if you give it a listen!

21. holypinto

http://holypinto.bandcamp.com

Hey! So exciting to have a fresh forum - saw this was up there stickied on the site, so interested in going for it!

My band Holy Pinto are releasing a record next Friday (8th April) via Soft Speak Records and you can hear the first 4 tracks here - Congratulations, by Holy Pinto

If you guys dig it, there's pre-order options, digital and vinyl and all that jazz!

Thank you everyone that takes the time to spin it, and I really think/hope some of you guys will dig it. I feel a lot of us grew up on similar stuff, so definitely excites me to post here! Onwards and upwards for Chorus.FM

x

22. A friend and I run a record label called Why Bother Records. We released this EP by a band called Halogens earlier this year that I really, truly love--the first single premiered on AP.net, in fact. FFO Tiny Moving Parts, The Front Bottoms, etc.

23. holypinto

http://holypinto.bandcamp.com

This sounds great!

ECV likes this.