Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self Help Fest 2017 Festival • Page 5

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by Taco-King, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Who?

2. Theemoflamingo

Regular

Videos on twitter: ronnie did the typical "sit down before this next song starts" and instead the crowd flipped him off and swore at him. Maybe this is a lesson to not have ronnie badke play a nice festival.

bachna84 and js977 like this.
  3. korey011

Regular

just came to say great festival except for radke's manchild ego. what a waste.

4. Joshua

Regular

Wage war was easily my favorite set, followed by Silverstein. Also didn't know that the drummer of can't swim was a female so I'm pretty sure she was the only female present on stage today which makes me sad.

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I'd posted this in the Silverstein thread thinking it was this one. Glad to see someone mentioned the Ronnie thing.

"Thoughts on falling in reverse:

Bad band
    Ronnie looks unwell
    Surprisingly diverse crowd
    Ronnie tried to get the whole crowd to sit down and kept stopping the music. Crowd was unrelenting in standing and Ronnie gave up.
    So much crowdsurfing.
    I found a circa survive fan and we made it through"

Silverstein killed it but only 30 minutes and 2 DR songs is a shame. Underoath were also terrific but the crowd was brutal.

joe.boy.fresh. likes this.
  6. riseagainst4L

Regular

ADTR set

All I want

Wax Larry

2nd sucks

Right back at it again

Paranoia

Exposed

We got this

Have faith in me

Naivety

Bullfight

End of me

Mr highway

Plot to bomb the panhandle

Encore:

If it means a lot to you

Lauderdale

Downfall

7. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

she's one of like, two women on the entirety of pure noise records too

8. Cgarnsay

Trusted

Solid.

9. heaththehorizon

Regular

had a super fun time at this, much more fun than i expected to. ended up leaving before ADTR, really don't like the new album and i've seen the rest of those songs a million times. falling in reverse was too much fun, the heckling went on almost the entire set. get that clown off shows and festivals asap.

js977 likes this.
  10. jordanjohnson09

Regular

lol @ jeremy saying "we're gonna play an older song that 'everyone' wants us to play and not sure why we stopped playing it..."

end of me

11. Jonny Sniper

Trusted

Literally my least favorite part of the night.

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I left before ADTR as well. I'd imagine they put on a great show but set list wouldn't have done much for me.

13. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

So did I. No real desire to see them.

14. GettingSodas

Chorus.fm Resident Soda Expert Prestigious

My favorite part of the night was Spencer's energy. God that was amazing.

jordanjohnson09 and js977 like this.
  15. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

One of the best frontmen in the scene for sure. The dude lives for this.

GettingSodas likes this.
  16. himynameisdakota

Regular

Really hope ADTR switches up the set for Orlando. Stoked for UO, TSSF, and Streetlight regardless.

js977 likes this.
  17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

A friend of mine tagged me in one of ronnie's instagram posts. I called him a character. Ronnie liked one of photos.

korey011 likes this.
  18. Skullshine1

Wage War really only gets 6 songs on this?? Also really love Underoaths set.

19. SomeGuyNamedMike

The Real Dirty Dan.

Flew into Orlando last night from NC; shit's gonna be fun.

jordanjohnson09 likes this.
  20. natesmith083

Regular

For anyone going to Detroit today bring a coat or poncho. It's suppose to get nasty after 8/9pm. Going to be a bad day to be outside. ADTR/RA sets might not even happen due to lightning if the forecast holds...

21. ALT/MSC/FAN Oct 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 7, 2017)
    ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

Every band before 4 PM got screwed because how terribly slow the security was. From what I heard, The Plot in You played in the amphitheater to about 200 people. The festival cap was over 10,000.

Aside from that, today was fun. I bought a discounted ticket from a friend for $30, so for the money I paid it was a solid time. Don't know if I would've paid full price in retrospect, but still, it was a fun day. Underoath and Pierce the Veil were both unbelievably great. A Day to Remember was solid, and Issues was good. Of Mice & Men was fine, though they definitely should have been on the Red Stage outdoors. I left before A Day to Remember finished so I could get on the road.

22. natesmith083

Regular

How was the weather at the end? It started pouring rain in Ann Arbor and I'm now soaking wet stuck in traffic wishing I went to self help vs the Michigan game...

23. ALT/MSC/FAN

It's chaos. Be kind. Prestigious

It didn’t rain at all, actually. It may have rained during Rise Against but I wasn’t there.

24. zachmacD

Trusted

Did anyone catch the plot in you at any of these? That band is so underrated

SomeGuyNamedMike likes this.
  25. Taco-King

Taco Enthusiast

Watched most of the set in Philly. Don't know much bout them but they weren't bad.

zachmacD likes this.