Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Self Defense Family - Have You Considered Punk Music (June 29, 2018) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by flask, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Horrorca

Trusted

give it a chance @cwhit

cwhit likes this.
  2. Horrorca

Trusted

aaah SDF has been my fav band for a long minute now

3. flask

Trusted Supporter

Maybe it’s an age thing but of all the bands I listen to these days I ~identify~ with their lyrics the most.

4. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Superior is I think my favorite collection of their songs

5. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

band is insufferable on social media but i guess enough people i respect dig this

6. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Is the single a good representation of what the rest of the album is like? Do they mix up the tempo throughout at all?

7. flask

Trusted Supporter

Feels like this is gonna be their best material to date. Also I read We Can Never Go Home over the weekend and it was really good so now I'm looking for all of Pat's other books.

8. Horrorca

Trusted

song is awesome and I really like Pay’s write-up

I’ really excited by this and agree this has a chance of becoming their best

9. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

yeah, really enjoyed his write up. I was definitely gonna jump on this one bc the single had me interested, but saying the album is about making stuff also has me interested when combined with Pat mentioning Cursive offhand a few times in the last few months. I'm thinking the lyrical direction will be real cool here

10. Horrorca

Trusted

they KILLED it tonight

11. flask

Trusted Supporter

Stoked for next week.

12. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

The first single grew on me, but I’m liking the second one a lot more

13. Horrorca

Trusted

second single really left an impresion on me

played it last night and it was the highlight for me

14. flask

Trusted Supporter

Anyone else listen to the Axe To Grind podcast? Been slowly making my way through it.

15. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Totally forgot this band existed. Was really into You Are Beneath Me and their two (at the time; dunno if they made more) island-themed EPs. I remember their singer being awful, but I'll still probably give this a listen when it comes out.

16. Horrorca

Trusted

only listened to one but it’s awesome!

17. flask

Trusted Supporter

Saw them last night and they were fantastic. Also check out Sannhet if you like post rock. They sounded huge.

18. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

sannhet is such a good band. saw them a few years ago with liturgy and horse lords lol, what a weird bill but oh so good

19. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

Got my ticket to see their tour with Sannhet on Saturday...the singles from this are pretty good. Stoked for the show.

20. Elder Lightning

A lightning bolt without a cloud in the sky Supporter

Whole album is up for stream on Bandcamp:

swboyd likes this.
  21. swboyd

are we still lucky to be here? Prestigious

added to the queue for this afternoon. they were quite good when i saw them just over a week ago. sannhet killed it too. and rlyr was a nice opener. they're an instrumental side project from one of the dudes in pelican and the drummer from locrian, i believe.

KidLightning likes this.
  22. Horrorca

Trusted

KidLightning likes this.
  23. flask

Trusted Supporter

Feels like a continuation of the first two music videos. I've loved everything about the roll out for this record.

24. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this is excellent